Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 For anyone that thought the 360' s physics wouldn' t match the PS3...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 46 of 46
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: For anyone that thought the 360' s physics wouldn' t match the PS3... - Apr 23, 2006 21:58
To say the least. But how much would it set you back?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: For anyone that thought the 360' s physics wouldn' t match the PS3... - Apr 23, 2006 22:06
You' ve got to visit their site and build your own PC. The price can get crazy.
I made one that cost £4,239.00
That' s a little more than what I can afford.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: For anyone that thought the 360' s physics wouldn' t match the PS3... - Apr 23, 2006 22:18
Only a little eh ginjirou,....lucky for some and what the heck is that computer gonna do though cos I know someone who has one of those build your own pc (pc' s) and does jack all with it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: For anyone that thought the 360' s physics wouldn' t match the PS3... - Apr 24, 2006 01:23
Yeah, that' s a little more than I can afford if I sell my kidneys, work as a prostitute and become a test subject for a medicin that' s guarantied to give you terrible side-effects.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: For anyone that thought the 360' s physics wouldn' t match the PS3... - Apr 24, 2006 01:52
Heh.

Yea, Alienware were bought by Dell recently, and they' ve been trying to make pre-built systems with all the bells and whistles specifically for those people with money to burn! There are a couple of quad gpu machines available now since Dell' s XPS Renegade thingamajig.

Only thing is, if you decided to build a similar machine yourself you could save yourself at least a £1500 I' m sure, and get the custom look. I recently specced up a machine with slightly better components than those Alienware ones for £2500, most expensive part being the FX-60 going for £740 atm! Could spend the difference on the new Dell 30" 1600p monitor too!

But your right, there' s nothing out for PC at the moment that needs anywhere near that much power. And usually when you step down from the top components you save yourself even more hundreds still and load up word documents just as well!

The Physx PPU is going for around £217 atm. But I' m sure that' ll come down a lot when the next PPU upgrade comes about..
< Message edited by choupolo -- 23 Apr 06 18:11:57 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: For anyone that thought the 360' s physics wouldn' t match the PS3... - Apr 24, 2006 07:59
What I like about alienware PC products is their build quality and well fitted cooling solution.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 46 of 46

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message