Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 07, 2006 08:46
At the risk of sounding like a dork, i' ve never liked the tomb raider series.
I mean, the first one was a nice test to show that 32bit systems could exhibit the same functionality of the n64--
But that was back in the 90s, and this gameplay style hasn' t aged well.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 07, 2006 16:22
Well unless you have played it, you cant tell, i think it aged really well into this tomb raider title, and the PoP series. Im getting TR legend!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 08, 2006 21:43
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 08, 2006 22:16
Thats because it gots like 1 review,and its on 80-83%.
ALso every revew fall down in points,the more reviews thats shows up-
For ex i said that about OB when it was ranked 13,people said no,now its ranked 19th O_o

But you get all kind of retardes who get their reviews up,look at this review of ff7

" An epic RPG spanning three discs, total geeks can look forward to at least 60 hours of gameplay- ten times that for those of us less adept or easily confused. If you' ve seen the splashy ads on TV, don' t be fooled, all lot of gameplay is traditional Anime. Either way, playing and watching the story unfold through those tremendous segues is exquisite eye candy. The graphics are top notch, the combat engine complex and nearly flawless. There is simply too much going on to mention in one review!

FF VII is totally engrossing with its sometimes-adult themes, situations and dialogue (typically cheesy dialogue, that is). Truth be known, I don' t even like RPGs but I dislike this one the least."

And it got 6/10 of him.

This is what happend when you ignore european magazine and add idiotics reviewas.

Also they doesnt include european magazines or japanese thats why nfl is the 8th most ranked game of all time there.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 18, 2006 07:00
I had to dig this up and post..

I' m actually pleased with this game. They really did go back to square one. Lara really does react and move with real physics. None of that robot walk but she still holds her guns like a robot too tho. Once I beat the game and got to play around with my deadliest weapon at the last level. I couldn' t believe that I had 95% of the game done and still had over half of the costumes still to unlock and cheat codes as well. I was like what is that crap?!? Anyways, working on unlocking everything now and this game really does give you the Tomb Raider experience all over again!!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 18, 2006 07:02
Still not a game i would never ever pay for.

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 18, 2006 07:16
It' s a bit too short to be honest, and too straight forward (obvious). It really lacks the wide open spaces of the original, where you' d run into a place and be like... " Wow... now, where do I have to go?" .
Still nothing in the game game the that same amazement as the first sighting of the t-rex in the original. It lacks the lost world feel... Like these might be tombs you' d get a tour through on a vacation. Don' t get me wrong I enjoyed it and the levels were decent, but more like the tomb raider movies than the original game.
It' s nice they put a lot to unlock but I cannot be bothered with that, I have other games to play and rarely can be bothered with extras unless there is really something awesome in it.

I hope IF Crystal Dynamics make another TR game they really do go back to it' s roots ... Hell i' d be happy with a completely next gen (360+ps3) remake of the first game, with the new control system, a more refined camera system (it was plain crap at times), the new abilities worked into the game, like pole swinging etc from trl. And all the gfx/sfx bells and whistles you' d expect from a next gen game.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 18, 2006 09:32
The skyscraper and bike parts were utter rubbish.

I was really pissed at the lack of animals to kill. The human enemies serve their purpose but are overused.

The puzzles could have been much better, ...the first one where you catapult the boxes was nice, but after that they pretty much sucked)

The variety of weapons was limited to say the least.

The actual " tomb" levels are gorgeous though, and the flashback where Lara had on her original clothes from the first game was great but could have been longer.

The water effects are great and the new moves and handling are a godsend.

I actually hope they don' t do another TR game just yet, ...i REALLY want them to remake Soul Reaver/2 and make it one big game...
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: DO NOT BUY THE NEW LARA CROFT!!! - Apr 18, 2006 10:45
a remake of the entire LoK series would be even better...

I think very unlikely though... but hey here' s one use for Blu-Ray remake the entire series as one huge ass game (or selectable at player preference) and dump the whole hd amazingness on one disc. FINALLY a good use for BD-ROM on a console.

Actually I' d be happy enough just playing the first soul reaver again - I don' t think the series is in need of a remake as much as the original TR game. And chances are very unlikely we will ever see a LoK game again, especially not a Raziel game.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message