Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Current gen vs previous generation
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 03, 2006 08:34
The ONLY first-person ANYTHING game I' ve ever liked was Namco' s Breakdown. The rest of the genre I' ve never been crazy about. Wish they were milking platformers and shoot ' em ups as much as they' re milking first-person shooters.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 03, 2006 09:37
I feel sorry for those that didn' t get chance to experience what we now call " retro" games first time around.

I' m only 23 but i had a Master System and a NES when they were both on the market, and i' ve not only had every major games console since (i' ve only missed the Jaguar and 3DO), but i still have most of them.

I also had a Commodore 64 but that has long since stopped working and been throw in the bin...

But teenagers, say 15, 16 even 17 years old, have grown up with Sony and their tastes seem very different, with most being content with yearly sequels and games like Grand Theft Auto and Need For Speed. It' s horrible!

I could say that Nintendo will correct some of this and maybe save their souls, but i just can' t see them playing games like Totally Rad, Demon' s Crest, Super Metroid, or even Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on N64. If they buy Revolution in the first place it will no doubt be for something like Tmesplittes 4...

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 03, 2006 09:49
I grew up at 6 years old by playing ice climbers,and watching my sister play Zelda.

:))))
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 03, 2006 10:28
my main reason to play old school games is for nostalgia, to feel that very moment when i was 6 - 7 years old and play with my spectrum zx or the nes with hundred of games stored in, contra, mario , and so much more...

almost 15 years later, i try to play again those game on emulation since i lost these systems, and i play those game only to reminisce myself the good time i had, but i quickly find the game very boring and repetitive and i couldn' t believe myself how i was sucked in these games, but back then i did i could not leave the couch playing , hooked...

this industry almost grew with me , and i m so happy to see all the innovation and technology, i knew how game were and evolved, i was amazed to see 16 bits system and then comes 32 bits and then 64 and then dreamcast .... my god

but i think that games are more interesting than before , it' s just that we were kids and we didn' t have high standards , we didn' t require a lot from developers, we were just happy to play any games (almost) and the more we grow up the more we rise the standard until today...

well today i play only AAA titles and some AA titles .... forget about the others because i have a lot of expectations but sadly there are a lot of crap gales out there , but i guess lesss than the 32 bit era and certainly less than the 16 and 8 bit era.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 03, 2006 17:35
Iv played games since i was 6 (im 25 now) but never console games, i didnt own a NES, my first console was Playstation 2, my first computer was a Atari i think, and then i got a C64, and finally i got a PC, so my old school titles are stuff like Prince of Persia, Wolfenstein, and Commander Keen!

The only Mario game i completed is Paper Mario for GC
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 03, 2006 20:31

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

I grew up at 6 years old by playing ice climbers,and watching my sister play Zelda.

:))))

Yeah, I watched your sister to! Ehehehehe .
QuezcatoL

RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 03, 2006 21:12

Yeah, I watched your sister to! Ehehehehe .

Lets be honest,you watched my brother ;) you sick bastard.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 04, 2006 00:17
Ewwww imagine if his sister is 12. Any way back on topic anyone?
QuezcatoL

RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 04, 2006 03:54
My sis is 28,and my brother 22 so dont worry :P
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 04, 2006 04:10
Phew i' m glad was getting a little worried lol.
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 04, 2006 11:16
How To Quote? : quote:

kickass331

Wow, that' s so, ......enlightened!

It' s almost as good as your pathetic FLCL fanfiction, ...which for anybody who wants a quick laugh is available here...

http://www.fanfiction.net/~syntheticpassion

A : WTF

edited : Don' t be hatin' I just be ganagsta all teh caucasiouns be all ganagsta unliek thos whom phael @ teh lief homie word :( :( Don' t look at my fanfic, it' s ancient history (have you google searched for kickass331, because trust me, if you look hard enough you can find my mailing address XD)

HINT : Oh wait, no not rly, I had a different username :P NO MAILING ADDRESS 4 U, SERIOUSLY THO, I' M DAVE FROM SPARTA.CN, I THINK I REGISTERED THERE FOR SOME DUMB VIDEO A YEAR OR TWO AGO THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, BUT ON ONE THREAD I FOUND MY FULL MAILING ADDRESS BECAUSE I GOOGLE SEARCHED FOR MY ADDRESS...
< Message edited by kickass331 -- 4 Apr 06 3:20:36 >
Nitro

RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 05, 2006 00:18
You' re an idiot is what you are...
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 05, 2006 07:11
AND YOU' RE A FUCKING NOOB
Nitro

RE: Current gen vs previous generation - Apr 05, 2006 07:21