Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Mar 31, 2006 03:25
same happened for me with GRAW, impossible to find!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Mar 31, 2006 04:07

Well not exactly missing the point, since there are more similarities between PS3 and 360, revolution is like something different, Nintendo in itself is something different, as they have good IP' s.

Ohh wait something sony has that too :)

Now you' re juust missing MY point.

The system specs don' t mean shit right now because people have seemingly forgotten that Nintendo have had ATi custom build a chip specifically for use with Nintendo' s own displacement mapping technology. Similar to the displacement mapping that made the Gamecubes version of Resident Evil 4 look soooooooo impressive (after you bear in mind that Gamecube' s poly threshold was actually lower than PS2' s).

Revolution games will look just as good as any 360 game out now, including GRAW. Nintendo have just been very smart about how they' ve approached it and suffice to say, the people that feel a little let down by the specs will have a nice suprise when they see stuff running on the machine. I' ve been right so far so just trust me on this.

Oh, and because of the way Nintendo have put everything together, including the controller (which you haven' t seen all of yet), 3rd party compaines have had nothing but really good thinks to say about them.

Yeah,i know that the controller is the new thing,but for me its just a way to get pr,it doesnt look fun at all for me,i want a real normal control,not some crazy stuff like nintendo use.

Well i suggest you just wait and see what happens at E3. Oh, and remember that they will be having a standard shell that the remote plugs into so it can act like the kind of controller you want.

BluRay isn' t that appealing to me either at the moment, especially since it' ll cost so much to implement for us and the industry..

What WILL be interesting is to see what PS3' s game prices are. Blu-ray adds to development costs so it' s viable they' ll increase it by another $10 over the $60 360 games. It' s the exact reason that N64 games were so expensive.

I never said I was buying one at launch. Anyway, if you know where to look and not run into your local Game, you would be surprized how much you' d save. But that involves waiting..

Ok, but you get my point!

Err, do you buy stolen consoles?

nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Mar 31, 2006 04:48
Hmmm, exactly what i thought.... a whole lot of wait till next year.

It will be interesting to see what the preorder numbers look like.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Mar 31, 2006 05:37
Its going to sell out, just like the 360 and with a worldwide launch, supply is going to be thin for a few months, So if your going to want one at lauch, PREORDER IT now!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Mar 31, 2006 08:08
.....the majority of people who want Playstation 3 will buy it regardless.....

...just like they would with any ipod, plasma tv, designer label, watch etc...
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Mar 31, 2006 08:51
$400 at christmas. (So I don' t get flipped over by the darn bugs)
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Mar 31, 2006 10:43
I' m a " buy one at launch" type of guy, but I don' t know. Lately I' ve been kinda down in the dumps over the whole HD-DVD/Blu-ray DRM copyright scam that' s being perpatrated by the Hollywood studios. I SWEAR, if I get an HD-DVD player or a PS3 and the HD movies won' t play on my high def tvs, I will take those sons-o-bitches back to the store, and not even blink! Fuck-em!

Other than that, I' d be willing to spend up to $600 for a PS3. I think that is very reasonable, even for just the Blu-ray aspect alone. Once I get some games, movies, and accesories, it would probably be over a grand, but I wouldn' t mind.
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Apr 01, 2006 04:05
40/7 is not an integer. So a grand isn' t reasonable unless your game library sux and your accessories are insanely uber and conform to the standards of a guy that' s half past insanity and halfway to the end of the line, pal, you know, the sun is out, but I gots lots of thoughts. I gots lots and lots of thoughts and that' s why, that is, it is why I decided that HAHAHAHAHAHA... >_> Owned. (That you should not be alive anymore, but I will not kill you, not yet [I would say MuAh***** but I can' t do that because I' m explaining HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)] <<<<notice the proper parentheses XD
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Apr 01, 2006 11:44
Kickass I want to know what type of drugs you' re taking and how I could get some.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Apr 01, 2006 12:06

www.alcoholics-anonymous.org
www.ca.org
www.marijuana-anonymous.org

pick one

Y' know, i' d block your posts, except for the simple fact that they are so completely shameful, and suprisingly, mildly amusing in a very Jhonen Vasquez sort of way.

Although, with a post like that, you' ve got one thing going for you, you could post on any forum on earth...
AND EVERYONE WOULD THINK YOU WERE A TOTAL FOOL THERE TOO!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Apr 01, 2006 14:29
Eddie who are you speaking to? I read the previous posts in this thread and it could be anyone.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: How much are you willing to pay for a PS3 at launch? - Apr 02, 2006 05:00
sorry, i left the window open & you posted before i got around to it,

I was talking about kickass331.

i' m looking for the correlation between his last post, and any of the other posts made on this site. Anywhere... on this site. heck, i' m still trying to find the correlation between the sentences IN the post, no less comparing it to anyone else.

Pal, you know, the sun is out, but I gots lots of thoughts. I gots lots and lots of thoughts and that' s why, that is, it is why I decided that HAHAHAHAHAHA... >_> Owned.

yeah... words fail me, and apparently they fail you too.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 2 Apr 06 15:35:44 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread