Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo GO ????
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 73
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 28, 2006 12:57
ULTRA Nintendo Revolution!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 28, 2006 19:29
Nintendo Entertainment System...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 28, 2006 19:35
Nintendo Playstation

Or..

Ãœber Super Nitendo Intertainment Gamecube
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 28, 2006 21:06

Nintendo Entertainment System...

Nintendo Entertainment System Revolution

OR

NES Revolution
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 28, 2006 21:10
Perhaps they should just call it David.

The remote is small like a pebble right?!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 28, 2006 23:29
I agree with Joe, we have all been calling it the Nintendo Revolution so why would they now want to change the name of the machine? At the same time I do have to admit that the best sounding name for the console is the N5, just sounds good.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 28, 2006 23:52

agree with Joe, we have all been calling it the Nintendo Revolution so why would they now want to change the name of the machine?

Consoles almost always have codenames; Dreamcast was called " Blackbelt," " Dural," and " Katana" , Gamecube was called " Dolphin" etc...

Nintendo keep reffering to the console as " codenamed Revolution" and although there is no doubt to the popularity of the name, it doesn' t exactly say games console does it!

N5 is the likely candidate, ...it has tons of marketting potential and fits with the logo. I mention the logo because the cube shaped logo present since N64 is now synonemous with Nintendo and it would be foolish for them to abandon that branding.

Ofcourse i could be completely wrong!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 06:05
Yeah, the cube shaped logos. That probably what made the N64 such a success. With huge sales crushing the Playstation and.. oh wait that' s right that never happened. As far as I remember the N64 was actually the start of Nintendos decline. And when the Gamecube , which was really all about cubes, was released Nintendo really went down hill. I think they better dump the whole cube thing. I don' t think Nintendo wants people to think of the N64 (childish games no cd-rom etc.) or the Gamecube (bad 3rd party support, no innovation, no DVD etc.) when they see the Revolution logo.
N5 works nice. But don' t make it a cube logo.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 08:28
N64 wasn' t a huge success because they used an overly expensive medium that was lacking in all areas barr loading times.

childish games no cd-rom etc

Conkers Bad Fur Day was childish? Goldeneye? Killer Instinct Gold? Perfect Dark?

I see what you' re getting at and i partially agree. Nintendo should have been aiming at a more mature audience, ...but the quality of the games on their console was 2nd to none! Playstation games didn' t have shit on N64 games as far as quality was concerned.

Wasn' t N64 voted as the number one video games console of all time recently on G4' s ' Top 10 Games Consoles' ??? ... Ha, it still outsold Sega Saturn and THAT used CD' s and had more mature games!

People look at Nintendo' s consoles and seem to judge them by NINTENDO' S own games. All Nintendo needs is more 3rd party support!

I' ve heard people say that Gamecube is also for children and that it only has childish games, which is complete bullshit. The console itself was designed badly (specifically the launch colour), the pad could have been better and Nintendo didn' t market it as well as their rivals.

But the cube shaped logo doesn' t make me think of N64 or Gamecube, but rather Nintendo. But perhaps you' re right and the logo maybe SHOULD go. DS has a cool logo so maybe it' ll be something more like that...

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 08:57
I must reply since the only system that disappointed me more than the N64 was the 3DO. The N64 had graphics that resembled vomit, even for its time. I think I enjoyed about 5 games max on that system. God how I hated it.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 09:22
Hahahahahaha.....

Conkers Bad Fur Day was a great example of how the machine could perform and had very nice textures (for it' s time). But most developers didn' t quite know how to deal with the 4KB texture cache and because that made detailed textures tricky to render, it usually ended up very blurry.

Rare figured out how to load several layers of tectures at once which resulted in sharper visuals but by the time it was ready there were only a few games it got used in and they were towards the end of the consoles life.

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was a nice looking game, certainly one of N64' s better looking titles and the N64 version had more polygons and more detailed textures than even the PC version of the game.

Also, when launched, Killer Instinct Gold was the most visually impressive game ever and even though it didn' t get as good a port as id deserved it still looked nice.

I do however agree with you. 3DO sucked!
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 09:38
But perhaps your NTSC television made the already blurred textures even worse, ...maybe the colours bled more than mine, or maybe it looked worse on your tv because it had a lower line resolution.

Or maybe i just haven' t played my N64 in a while and can' t remember just how bad the graphics were...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 11:18
The N64 was designed for NTSC, the PAL version is an afterthought like everything PAL. Anyway I used S-video which is the sharpest signal you can get from the N64 without opening it up and modding it for RGB. Even your SCART cables will only provide S-video at best for the N64... unless it is modded. Even still, s-video looked freakin' great on the SNES, Saturn and every other system. It' s just that the N64 loved to produce those foggy visuals with murky color and lots of dithering.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 11:53
Well, since the discussion about the name is apparently over and Majik mentioned the cube logos, I' d like to ask about the opinion everyone has about the logo beside the name, the cube-like design using plus signs. If this picture is real (if) then that logo looks like it would be the logo for the Revolution/N5. What is everyone' s opinion about it? Personally I' m not sure about it. I don' t see what plus signs have to do with Nintendo or their new console.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 12:03
I loved the N64, Playstation had nothing on it. Although I have to admit that after being used to xbox going back to the 64 its shocking as to how blurry the graphics are, they didn' t seem muddy to me back in the day but try dusting off your old N64 and see for yourself. escpecially after playing on a 360. We' re lucky to live in such times where we used to think the N64 had revolutionary graphics. We' re at the perfect age in history to witness first hand the evolution of computer technology. I love the 21st century.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 12:40
I don' t give a damn what the thing' s called! As long as the games are better than what was on the Gamecube. I mean, I WILL be getting one, but it would be nice to have more than one game that I like.

Actually, I think Nintendo SHOULD exercise their rights to the " Playstation" name! As ginjirou wrote...

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

The power of the Nintendo brand is the same as the Playstation brand.
The reason why Sony has never changed the names of their consoles is because the name " Playstation" is more related to videogames than the name " Sony" .
It' s the opposite with Nintendo. Everyone knows about Nintendo but who the hell knows what " Gamecube" is.

I feel that this is an accurate (and very astute) observation. So what would happen if it was the " Nintendo Playstation" . Think they could take the number one spot on name recognition alone?
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 29 Mar 06 4:41:14 >
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 29, 2006 18:29

I don' t see what plus signs have to do with Nintendo or their new console.

D-pads. Or at least i THINK that' s the idea behind it....

The N64 was designed for NTSC, the PAL version is an afterthought like everything PAL

Well i can' t argue with that. Not that i want to argue at all.

So what would happen if it was the " Nintendo Playstation" . Think they could take the number one spot on name recognition alone?

Nope, i think the mob wouldn' t be able to see past Nintendo using a name that has become synonemous with Sony.

ginjirou

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 30, 2006 02:00
You' ve got me wrong Majik. I kind of liked the N64. My point was that the N64 wasn' t a commersial success and it sold very bad and the same thing happened to the Gamecube. This has made Nintendos cube logos to feel somewhat...lame.
What I was trying to say was that I don' t think Nintendo wants people to think of their past " failures" when they see the Revolution logo. That' s why I think they should give up the cube style. They should try something new that people can associate with innovation and Nintendos quality and gameplay.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 30, 2006 02:09
No no, i completely understand where you are coming from dude. I wasn' t directing anything specifically at you, ...but rather the mobs perception of the previous pair of Nintendo consoles.

I understand what you mean about the logo, and i' m coming to agree with you. It' s just that when you look at Playstation, or the Apple logo, you know without thinking exactly what it is, and i think Nintendo need that because this...

...feels dated now. Maybe it' s just me.

What was cool about the N64 logo in particular is the way in which Rare used it. Like in Perfect Dark, they had the metallic, sharp version and Conker attacked his, called it stupid and hit it off the screen with his chainsaw...

I need to find examples to illustrate my point i think...

In the mean time, what do we think of this...

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 29 Mar 06 18:10:59 >
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo GO ???? - Mar 30, 2006 02:17
Oh, I' m glad you understood me.
I actually like the old Nintendo logo. It gives me warm feelings and it looks like it really stands for quality. But maybe I' m just getting nostalgic.
I think the plus-logo looks like it could be anything. It' s not unique in any way and similar logos are used by hundreds of other companies. It' s also a little cold and it doesn' t give me an impression of the things that Nintendo stands for, even though the cross might look like Nintendos d-pads. I think the logo looks to " advanced" to fit the sleak Revolution design and Nintendos approach to being user friendly. They should come up with a much more simple logo.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 29 Mar 06 18:18:45 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 73

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread