Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony and mircosoft to work together ????
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 28, 2006 06:27
I don' t think people will be sorely disapointed.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 09, 2006 21:48
Sony of japan might not consider microsoft as anything to worry about, but they are making a crucial mistake in that attitude.

Never underestimate how microsoft is eager to please it' s possible clientele, and have the money to do so.
OptaviusX

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 10, 2006 00:11
We' ll see if microsoft isn' t considered a competitor come november ;)
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 10, 2006 01:21

Sony of japan might not consider microsoft as anything to worry about, but they are making a crucial mistake in that attitude.

They do consider MS as a very dangerous competitor

We' ll see if microsoft isn' t considered a competitor come november ;)

We see it now - they totally panicked - they hurry to release PS3 in spring, they don' t have the final specs , the shell isn' t quite optimised and they have major heat issues.They even added nVidias Gpu at the last moment.

If they played it cool , they would have won again (but MS would do better than last time).

Right now PS3 is being rushed and it will get back at them sooner or later.

MS kicked their asses even though they should' ve stayed calm and relaxed( -counting profits from PS2 sales) untill PS3 is ready.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 Mar 06 17:24:02 >
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 12, 2006 21:19
I think that' s why Meryl lynch suggested this generation might just go to microsoft.

People might start to notice how much faster content is delivered for the xbox360 then the ps3, and it might just end up looking better moreover.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 13, 2006 07:34
No, i think it' ll be closer in Europe and the US than ever, but i think Microsoft can forget Japan. 360 will definately sell better once games like Blue Dragon are released but it won' t sell like Revolution or PS3 will.

The only thing that would hit Sony hard in Japan is if Microsoft got VF5 exclusive, which is very very unlikely!

Sony are going to suffer this gen. They make most of their profit from their consoles and gaming licences, but PS3' s userbase is not going to be as huge as PS2' s and i highly doubt PS3 will have as many games as 360 during it' s lifespan. That and Revolution being what it is (and the massive worldwide success of DS) are really going to tighten the screws and put Sony under a lot of pressure.

Sony haven' t done what they should as Gangsta pointed out, but it' s not like they could have held off anyway because not only would it have been a sign of weakness (or percieved so), in that people would think Sony didn' t have anything to counter Microsoft with but not launching PS3 this year would have allowed Microsoft' s marketshare to grow even more rapidly than it actually now will.

I also think Sony have messed up with using a Blu-Ray drive in the console too. I think it will cause more problems than it' s worth. I' m talking about increased development costs (that' ll piss both developers AND publishers off), ...increased development time, technical issues (like longer loading times) and increased game prices (i fully expect a $10/£10 rise on 360 game prices, blamed on Blu-Ray).

If it launches at a stupid price (which will look even worse because Revolution will be launched around the same time and will be much much cheaper), then i don' t think they' ll get off to a great start...

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 13, 2006 08:11
People left Nintendo for expensive royalites to nintendo,and expensive cartridge,well now SONY can be in a problematic situation,when games cost so much and you dosnt have great dev tool as MS has where you can transmit everything from your pc to 360,well cell wont let that happend,nope.
If 360 becomes big enouhg beforre ps3 relase,some dev might even decie to fully support 360.

However to be honest i still belive ps3 and sony will win this war,however 360 has a chance now,which i never belived they would have at all...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message