Sony and mircosoft to work together ????

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 21, 2006 23:13
This is what an article in Digitimes an Taiwanese paper says that Sony Computer Entertainment Asia' s Corporate Managing Director and Senior Vice President, Tetsuhiko Yasuda says " Sony has not finalized the specific timeframe for the PS3 launch, as well as pricing.The company aims to launch the PS3 at the same time throughout Asia. Sony does not regard Xbox as a competitor,Rather, the company may even consider working with Microsoft to develop games together." LOL..I cannot imagine under what circumstances this would happen.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 21, 2006 23:15
Err....

Link?

2pac
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 21, 2006 23:18
Actually i got this off IGN ..Here' s the IGN link

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/690/690193p1.aspx

Nitro
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 21, 2006 23:22
With this and speculation that PS3 could cost $800 (which is possible), i don' t quite understand Sonys' strategy...

Good post though, it seems to be an official comment!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 21 Feb 06 15:28:47 >

2pac
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 21, 2006 23:38
Could this mean we could POSSIBLY see a KILLZONE on the 360 and a HALO on the ps3...UNLIKELY..Very unlikely...I just think that sony is being a bit too arogant sayin that xbox isnt a competitor...with the recent $900 rumors , i think now more than ever sony should be worried about the xbox 360///

Nitro
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 21, 2006 23:53

Could this mean we could POSSIBLY see a KILLZONE on the 360 and a HALO on the ps3

No, never. Impossible!

I just think that sony is being a bit too arogant sayin that xbox isnt a competitor

I personally don' t percieve it as arrogance, but weakness.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 00:02
they may be quite right - it' s hard to talk about Xbox as a competitor - since despite it' s efforts ,PS2 sold as many units as PS ONE.

It could be that X reached new audience - PC gamers who wanted to play some console games as well.

" Sony does not regard Xbox as a competitor," continued Yasuda. " Rather, the company may even consider working with Microsoft to develop games together."

it seems they are a bit affraid of being arrogant - they have a huge hype to live up to and there' s just no way they can do that.Saying nice things like " Hey Bill let' s hug" will make MS' s agressive aproach look less fairplay.

But will it help?

Anyway ...speculation goes on :)

2pac
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 00:02
Since Tetsuhiko Yasuda is sony asia' s vp he might be referring to the fact that xbox isnt competiton in asia...if this is the case then it is plausible since even the orignal xbox did bad in asia..but this would still not explain the comment about sony and microsoft working together.

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 00:19
You never know, it could happen someday. Over a decade ago, who would ever have thought that Sega and Nintendo would join forces?

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 00:38
Maybe he meant windows or other OS for PS3 since they said PS3 will be capable of running Mac OS , linux and every other system if they decided to do it.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 21 Feb 06 16:39:06 >

2pac
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 00:45
Though ps3 might run windows but i dont think that' s what he meant when he said they would work together since he specifically mentions working on developing GAMES together...

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 01:23
...hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 02:19
Xbox Live+Sony Live+PC=Multiplatform Online Gaming, maybe?

Heheh I should probably read the article before posting an opinion...

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 03:16
Now you guys have got me running scared considering that in microsoft' s initial plans they included sony' s psp to be able to work with the 360, but I hope it' s not true because I want microsoft to beat sony' s arrogance.

Nitro
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 22, 2006 03:38
Halo 3 won' t be released against PS3' s launch...

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 28, 2006 04:06
Just realized how weird this looks:

Untitled DC Comics MMO
Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
Developer: Sony Online Entertainment
Genre: Fantasy Online Role-Playing
Platform: X360

See they already holding hand, aint that special...

It' s also coming out for the PC and PS3. Wonder which version will look the best...
< Message edited by Mass X -- 27 Feb 06 20:08:45 >

Nitro
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 28, 2006 04:20
I thought Sony had gotten the DC deal and Microsoft had gotten the Marvel deal??!!

Both MMO' s...

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46250
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 28, 2006 04:34
Not regarded as a competitor. Riiight.

Whenever these unheard of execs from other territories or broad divisions of a company are let loose in an interview they always spout this kind of crap. I would say that anything about PS3 coming from " Sony Computer Entertainment Asia' s Corporate Managing Director and Senior Vice President, Tetsuhiko Yasuda" is best left ignored. It' s tough enough coping with what Kutaragi feels like saying every five minutes.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 28, 2006 04:54
I never really believed they would work together, it would be pure stupidity on eithers side. Crush kill destroy is the motto.

Nitro
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 28, 2006 04:56

It' s tough enough coping with what Kutaragi feels like saying every five minutes.

LOL!

So Adam, you guys have had hands-on with PS3. We read the piece on it but where do you think it' s going?! I mean, will PS3 be all Sony say it will be or is there a possibility we could be sorely dissappointed?!

KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Feb 28, 2006 06:27
I don' t think people will be sorely disapointed.
-= S + A + I + M + I + R =-

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 09, 2006 21:48
Sony of japan might not consider microsoft as anything to worry about, but they are making a crucial mistake in that attitude.

Never underestimate how microsoft is eager to please it' s possible clientele, and have the money to do so.

OptaviusX
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 10, 2006 00:11
We' ll see if microsoft isn' t considered a competitor come november ;)

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 10, 2006 01:21

Sony of japan might not consider microsoft as anything to worry about, but they are making a crucial mistake in that attitude.

They do consider MS as a very dangerous competitor

We' ll see if microsoft isn' t considered a competitor come november ;)

We see it now - they totally panicked - they hurry to release PS3 in spring, they don' t have the final specs , the shell isn' t quite optimised and they have major heat issues.They even added nVidias Gpu at the last moment.

If they played it cool , they would have won again (but MS would do better than last time).

Right now PS3 is being rushed and it will get back at them sooner or later.

MS kicked their asses even though they should' ve stayed calm and relaxed( -counting profits from PS2 sales) untill PS3 is ready.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 Mar 06 17:24:02 >

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 12, 2006 21:19
I think that' s why Meryl lynch suggested this generation might just go to microsoft.

People might start to notice how much faster content is delivered for the xbox360 then the ps3, and it might just end up looking better moreover.

Nitro
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 13, 2006 07:34
No, i think it' ll be closer in Europe and the US than ever, but i think Microsoft can forget Japan. 360 will definately sell better once games like Blue Dragon are released but it won' t sell like Revolution or PS3 will.

The only thing that would hit Sony hard in Japan is if Microsoft got VF5 exclusive, which is very very unlikely!

Sony are going to suffer this gen. They make most of their profit from their consoles and gaming licences, but PS3' s userbase is not going to be as huge as PS2' s and i highly doubt PS3 will have as many games as 360 during it' s lifespan. That and Revolution being what it is (and the massive worldwide success of DS) are really going to tighten the screws and put Sony under a lot of pressure.

Sony haven' t done what they should as Gangsta pointed out, but it' s not like they could have held off anyway because not only would it have been a sign of weakness (or percieved so), in that people would think Sony didn' t have anything to counter Microsoft with but not launching PS3 this year would have allowed Microsoft' s marketshare to grow even more rapidly than it actually now will.

I also think Sony have messed up with using a Blu-Ray drive in the console too. I think it will cause more problems than it' s worth. I' m talking about increased development costs (that' ll piss both developers AND publishers off), ...increased development time, technical issues (like longer loading times) and increased game prices (i fully expect a $10/£10 rise on 360 game prices, blamed on Blu-Ray).

If it launches at a stupid price (which will look even worse because Revolution will be launched around the same time and will be much much cheaper), then i don' t think they' ll get off to a great start...

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Sony and mircosoft to work together ???? - Mar 13, 2006 08:11
People left Nintendo for expensive royalites to nintendo,and expensive cartridge,well now SONY can be in a problematic situation,when games cost so much and you dosnt have great dev tool as MS has where you can transmit everything from your pc to 360,well cell wont let that happend,nope.
If 360 becomes big enouhg beforre ps3 relase,some dev might even decie to fully support 360.

However to be honest i still belive ps3 and sony will win this war,however 360 has a chance now,which i never belived they would have at all...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.