Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Old school Adventure Games
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Old school Adventure Games - Feb 15, 2006 21:27
Old School? *Yawn*

heh, not really, but i am too young to experiance the ' magic' of yesteryears classic gaming machines. and games.
To be honest i dont see why people think those games are really great, yes they where the only thing you had back then, yes maybe the gameplay is great, yes maybe the high score of " AAA" will never to bet. Put everything has been bettered hugely since those days by modern games, yet people still remember fondly back to the days of " real" games, these are the people who have stopped modern gaming and decided to stay in the 70' s with their pac man cab.

I cannot understand those people.

[i dont know if that was off topic or not]
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Old school Adventure Games - Feb 16, 2006 08:15
I didn' t mind the lucasarts stuff, my favorite being Indianna Jones and the Last Crusade, I just liked the Sierra stuff more. A lot of it has to do with the fact that Sierra would often play off of inside jokes between games, so if you were a big space quest fan, and you were playing a Leisure suit Larry game, all of a sudden there' d be a Roger Wilco joke that would crack you up. And Quest for Glory was kind of like a mix between adventure and RPG, but basically it' s Kings' Quest with a combat system, but the fightings really secondary.
loyalty

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Old school Adventure Games - Feb 16, 2006 11:52
i loved the old king' s quest games. old school myst was great too.

not really " old school" , but syberia was a helluva game IMO
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: Old school Adventure Games - Feb 16, 2006 18:26
That' s true for most genres, but the old point n click adventure games just don' t get made anymore. The Sierra/LucasArts period was the pinacle for the genre - and those games have never since been bettered.

There' ve been a few decent attempts since the mid 90s, but you could count them on one hand.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message