Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 19, 2006 02:19
Yeah i' d agree with that actually virtua fighter' s interpretation of martial arts are more believable and so is Doa to a degree added with a colourful, realistic background with an ok-ish story (stories behind the characters could be better).
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 19, 2006 02:26
I think the fights in DoA tend to get a little too spectacular with too many crazy attacks, especially from the ninja characters.
The greatest thing about the Virtua Fighter series is its deep gameplay. Many people say that they don' t care about depth as long as the game is fun. But the depth in VF is what makes it so fun. I usually get bored with the DoA games after a couple of weeks while the VF games only get better since they' re skill based. That way the VF games are unbeaten when it comes to being fun, as long as you take the time to play it.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 18 Feb 06 18:27:31 >
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 19, 2006 02:32
That' s exactly why I love VF so much, for it' s unrivaled depth and longevity.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 20, 2006 05:34

ORIGINAL: Kyo.k

That' s exactly why I love VF so much, for it' s unrivaled depth and longevity.

Amen.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 20, 2006 06:05
I first got into Tekken cos Baek Do San did a similar style to the one I was doing at the time, and I thought it was so amazing that his moves had almost identical technique to the ones I was learning! Also the fact you had one button for each limb, rather than the hard kick, med kick, soft kick style from Street Fighter.

Played Tekken2 first on the arcades before PS1 came out, so when I heard Tekken1 was coming out for it, I got it straight away. Played each one since. Best one has to be 5, or maybe 2 for nostalgia.

I missed out on VF altogether tho, maybe cos I thought VF1 was pants with its floaty jumps etc. And I was also comparing Virtua Cop to Time Crisis at the time, which might have influenced me even though it had little to do with VF!

Now, VF is quality, but the series has advanced too far for me now so I can' t really access it. Shame really.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 19 Feb 06 22:06:46 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 20, 2006 06:20
I don' t get it - It' s like any other game (only amazing) - get VF4 and play man - it' s so cool - I didn' t have the chance to play VF before (not for long ) - now I' m all into VF4.

Look at my Avatar man - the day I started playing VF4 my whole life changed - people respect me , my avatar is changed into ME as a Kung Fu masta !!

VF4 changed my life - and it could do the same for you

Call 0800 789 789 999 and order yours now to get a bonus Akira Haircut!!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 20, 2006 06:26
Hahah, wow it must have been quite a powerful moment for you Gansta!

Yea, I mean I' ve played VF4, but I can' t see myself spending enough time on it to learn the control system and all the moves. I just end up button bashing and that gets boring quick. Whereas I' ve been brought up on Tekken 10 hit combos and multiparts.
]GaNgStA[

RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 20, 2006 06:31
well I play VF on arcade stik - it' s not that fun on your typical controller I guess - not as fun as other games like SC3 or Tekken.Those moves are hard to pull of without the right button placement.Not to mention the stick.

I was a tekken guy for a long time - until DoA for DC changed my opinion on the series and then SC - but I heard a lot of good things about T5 so I' m going to try soon.

It all depends on how many players are there to fight you I guess - if your friends play T than it' s better to stick with it.

In VF4 I' ve picked Vanessa - so button mashing was hard and I kept getting my ass kicked - untill I learned some stuff and now my ass doesn' t hurt that much :)
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 21, 2006 01:04

VF1 was pants with its floaty jumps etc

What the? that was the Genesis of 3D 1 on 1s, the basics and foundations of that game was copied, altered ans spawned by everyother one after that.

When VF1 was first released it was totally gobsmaking and revolutionary!!

]GaNgStA[

RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 21, 2006 02:15
Yeah no matter who you are and what you like - you can' t deny that :)
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 21, 2006 03:47
So true, and then VF2 came along and redefined the whole system. Even today VF2 stands up to the likes of Tekken 5 and DOA4 in terms of depth and skill, in some ways it' s still much deeper.

VF3 though is my fav VF game. Shame nobody really gives it any credit anymore. Beautiful design, undulating arenas, and the tightest mechanics seen in VF. When Sega does a home port of VF5 I want to see VF2, 3 and 4 (the original version) arcade perfectly in progressive scan included.

]GaNgStA[

RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 21, 2006 07:31
I see it' s not that easy to please you heheh :)
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 21, 2006 10:06

VF3 though is my fav VF game. Shame nobody really gives it any credit anymore. Beautiful design, undulating arenas, and the tightest mechanics seen in VF. When Sega does a home port of VF5 I want to see VF2, 3 and 4 (the original version) arcade perfectly in progressive scan included.

Getting more and more frustrating with the messed up fighting system of DOA4, Me and my Brother decided to plug in my Dreamcast VIA VGA-out and play VF3..

We was like " This is more like it" and " cool, dodging!! and done how it should be!!"
No frustration, just pure deep thought.. If one of us lost, we knew it was because the other one played better on the match... the game is soo finely made in comparision to DOA4.

Next time he comes round definately more DC VF3 to come..

BTW - the game still looks quite nice, and great animation especially in VGA mode.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 21, 2006 10:43
New hi-res screens on our site today too. go have a look.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: New Virtua Fighter 5 Videos! - Feb 21, 2006 10:48

Ah! FINALLY someone else who shares my love for Virtua Fighter 3. It' s my favorite as well! Stick the Dural underwater battle in Virtua Fighter 3 and you' ve got purrrfection!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message