Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 71
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 11:04

Quez you sure have a warped view of major companies - and the way business works. Unless you' ve been hiding under a rock for the past 19 years you' ll know that big businesses are never your friend. They' re out to make money and as long as they get it, they couldn' t care about anyone. This applies to Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and every other major player out there. They are all extremely successful because of stategies like this.

Microsoft have found a way to kill two birds with one stone. From a business perspective I' d call them idiots if they didn' t exploit it. Supposedly delaying Halo 3 to coincide with the release of the movie is another smart business strategy that will make them (guess what?) MONEY.

Everyone is flaming you because your argument and conception of the way business works is flawed. It has nothing to do with fanboyism.

Besides, I' m not sure why there' s such a negative view of Vista anyway. Have you actually gotten your hands on a copy? The IT department at the architectural firm that I work at get' s the latest Vista beta' s to test regularly. After playing with them for a while, I can say that it does have a lot of potential. There are quite a few things that I don' t like in it (like the over simplification of some menus, IE7 seems a little too bloated for my liking, etc) but there' s still quite a bit of dev time left on it to implement feedback from testers. I don' t think Vista will be as big as the change from 98->XP. At the moment it feels like a much more refined version of XP but I don' t think it' ll be crappy by any means.

I' m not bashing on vista,im bashing on the idea that they made sure it doesnt work on xp or linux,instead of the normal " doesnt support" ,not only is this a retard idea,its just show how greedy MS is.
All companies are in there for money yes.
But Gates has freaking 100 billions on his own,does he really need to take over the console market and fuck it up.
Yes this affect the console market,if a greedy company buy up another company and then make sure it can only sell to them in their own way.
Reminds me of Nintendo who made sure FF Crystall could only be played by a GBA good move Nintnedo,when you finally had square-enix atleast close,they had to hurt their buisness sell to benefit for themself.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 15:37
I dont think its bad it will be vista only, i mean after Vista is released, most games will probably head that route, because its a differnet kernel than on XP and 2000, i personally have no problems at all with winXP, but then again i fix computers for a living
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 18:35
This is Bill Gates..

He was arrested for running a red light and driving without a license in New Mexico in 1977. Two years earlier he had received tickets for speeding and driving without a license.

Now, if you boot up a PC, anywhere, there' s a damn good chance it' ll have a version of Windows on there because Microsoft currently occupy 90% of the operating system market.

The guy himself has a personal fortune of 90 Billion US dollars!

Ok, so technically he doesn' t need any more money, but who cares?

Halo 2 on Windows Vista needs to be an updated version, like i said, if they do with that what Valve did with Counter Strike: Source then they' re on to a winner...

Frankly, i think it should come free with Vista, it should be built in. But if they do plan on selling it it should be released at £20 rather than £30.

If Microsoft own it, why would they make it compatible with somebody elses operating system? That' s just stupid Quez!

Sony bought Guerilla Games and Zipper Interactive amongst others, ...i don' t hear anyone complaining about them benefiting themselves...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 19:08
Why can' t they just make it work with WinXP? I think it' s really dirty to force interested people to get the latest Windows just to play it. There are more people than you think who keeps their old OS for a long time.
Anyway, I think MS is deliberately making Windows full of errors and such. Why? Well, lets say they release a Windows version that runs perfectly and that has incorporated everthing you might possibly need. Then who would be stupid enough to buy another upgrade? MS makes Windows suck in order to ensure future sales of their " better" systems. They can do this only because they have no competition. It' s diiiiiirty.
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 19:53
Ha, yeah but Windows has to elolve too to make sure it can support games that use new technology and stuff.

I' m betting Halo 2 will require a 64-bit processor and the 64-bit version of Vista!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 21:19

Ha, yeah but Windows has to elolve too to make sure it can support games that use new technology and stuff.

I' m betting Halo 2 will require a 64-bit processor and the 64-bit version of Vista!

If oblivion runs on winxp,then halo2 can too that runs on a freaking xbox which is basically a pc,winxp will not have any problem working for future games for 2-3 years ahead," atleast" .
This is only a market move by greedy ms.
And people saying sony are greedy well now you got MS on the scene too,xbox was just a gift,xbox360 and the future is to become a greedy dominate monopol empire at the console scene,however im getting all 3 consoles...but this sux.

< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 10 Feb 06 13:23:07 >
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 21:37
If they update it and don' t just port it then they could feasibly make it require a 64-bit processor if they really wanted to.

I' m sure Microsoft don' t mind that you don' t like them or their ideas, ...in fact, i just spoke to Bill and he say' s he forgives you!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 23:12
yeah, microsoft is actually pretty accepting of the people who think they' re ruining the game industry. my friend, who hated Xbox with a fiery passion that burns in the bowels of hell itself (not Microsoft, just Xbox) wrote a letter that was pretty derrogitory and they sent a polite & complete response to him telling him the things he had missed when describing the xbox, and making him feel like so much of a moron, that he sat down to play stubbs the zombie with me.

Halo would be excellent on vista. i just hope they upgrade the capabilities a bit. the map editor alone would be enough to sell thousands upon thousands of copies. and as for putting it on vista in the first place, i think they have every right to do that. i mean... look at it this way. what if jak & daxter had come out for the original playstation, two months after the playstation 2. they' re looking for money, duh. but they' re also using their licencing rights to the best of their capabilities.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 10, 2006 23:30
It' s all pretty academic anyways, it' l be a matter of minutes before someone produces a patch to get Halo2 running on XP / kettle / fridge / insert pointless multiplatform port here...

re: os' s I' ve had to deploy them to large networks for years in the past, and I remember with some hilarity those that swore never to upgrade from win98..
XP rolled out the easiest ever, you just PXE booted your pc' s and pointed them at a centra installation, et voila! 600 identical machines, awesome. I imagine Vista to have this and more.

excluding ME edition (the only os ms unoficially apologised for) all ms os' s do the job they were intended for for the majority of people. If you' ve got the shiny new car you might as well have the interior!

oh and locopuyo, thank you for brightening my day ' nubtard ' is now my official word of the day and I will use it as many times as poss...

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 01:06
Rather than releasing completely new version of Windows, wouldn' t it be much easier to let people download upgrades via the Internet?
And the prices! I mean, the development costs for making Windows can' t be that high that it requires the pricing Windows has today. Think of it, Bill Gates and Microsoft does have a lot of money. Too much money and that' s thanks to their dirrrrty prices.
I still like Windows but there is so many things that pisses me off.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 01:24
Personally Im not upgrading to Vista until I put together a whole new machine. As I did with XP. And I dont think many ppl who didnt get Halo 2 when it came out would consider it a big incentive (it' s available for £12 2nd hand atm which just illustrates its demand is now). I got Halo:CE on PC months after release out of curiousity but didn' t think it was amazing.

I suppose one advantage of MS letting Halo 2 work on XP or linux or even Mac, is that ppl would suddenly gain a bit of respect for them instead of the usual, " I hate MS but meh I' ll have to buy their software anyway, since linux is so undersupported and mac is so expensive" Sure then some people might not buy Vista straight away or god forbid buy linux, but more people would respect MS. I sure would. But I guess respect counts for very little if you' ve already got a monopoly! You just become a hated dictator, until someone takes you down by force!
Still I guess they made 360 kind of compatible with PSP and iPod (without asking them first mind you!), but you have to question their intent. Well it' s probably obvious really! :P

I' d call myself a ' PC player' and I think the Halo games have a lot of artistry to them which I love, but at the end of the day they' re pretty shallow games.

I think MS are getting complacent with Halo, the only reason it was so successful was cos it had hardly any competition from other XBox games! Wheras there are plenty of other cool fps' s on PC that are also designed for M+K.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 10 Feb 06 17:39:29 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 01:58
now if they bundled Halo 2 for free with vista...
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 02:07

Frankly, i think it should come free with Vista, it should be built in.

I already got that one in dude!

^5
Vx Chemical

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 02:09
Now that wont happen, it might be cheap, but it wont be free, your talking about MS, they want to make money!
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 02:32
I think it sould only be ' sold' if it' s completely updated (like Counter Strike: Source).

My bloody 360 has crashed twice today while playing eM -eNCHANT arM-

It' s the first time it' s happened. I got and have played all 15 of the launch titles (with my 360 on 2nd Dec, ...UK launch), Ridge Racers 6 (which sucks) and Dead or Alive 4 and they' ve all been fine!

I' m not entirely sure what possessed me to buy a Japanese RPG because although there are bits of English in it, you can' t actually select English like other Japanese titles.

I haven' t got a bloody clue what' s going on, but it looks oh so purdy!
Vx Chemical

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 02:58
LMAO

I would have waited till an English release of the game, really i would. ;) maybe its time for you to learn Japaneese!
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 03:19
Nah. I bought it simply to check it out and see what it was like. I' ll be buying the US or UK release anyway, but it is gorgeous!!!

It has a strange strategy-esque grid system though, it' s tricky to figure out :(
Vx Chemical

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 03:28
How on earth can you afford to buy a 50£ game just to check it out and buy another language version later?
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 03:41
I have loads of money saved from working abroad last year, and since i' m doing a degree in games development i like to get as much stuff as possible.

I know what you mean though, but i' ll probably stick the Japanese version on eBay when i get the UK version and at least get something for it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 04:03
Yeah, i mean i have trouble just getting money for one game a month, some ill simply have to wait till they are in the bargain bin.

But then again, i just bought a house!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread