Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Huxley
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Huxley - Feb 09, 2006 05:20
Yeah dude, but she' s not as cute as she looks. She' s a damn pain in the ass!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Huxley - Feb 09, 2006 05:43
Thats what an extra chromosone does!

Dont tell Cathy i said that!
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Huxley - Feb 09, 2006 12:07
it wasn' t overkill. it' s the truth, anyhow, doesn' t matter...

is this game gonna actually be a fps?? do u know if it will be fast paced, cuz I like fast paced fps games, like CS, or Halo 2 multiplayer (it gets crazy in there with 16 peeps). more info plz more info.

I just downloaded winning eleven 9, first time playing it and man it' s hard, but it rocks. much better than any EA Fifa games. too bad the players don' t have their real faces...
Nitro

RE: Huxley - Feb 09, 2006 22:26
The premise is similar to Planetside and you should get 128 (i think) players in each map.

I' m not certain how the story will pan out but i expect it' ll follow the trend of most MMG' s and ' events' will take place at certain points.

Console gamers won' t really ' get' it, ...it' ll be huge on PC though.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Huxley - Feb 10, 2006 03:10
" Im guessing its just about the same as Planetside? you played that game? it was fun for a few months!"

OMG its nothing like planetside, that game blows! Huxley controls and looks like a fps only it has game structure of an mmo. Imagine having over 100 people in one battle. you can create guilds and if the guild is powerful enough they can aquire territory like say a mine and use it to generate wealth to buy weapons and armor or...tanks. The more i read about this game the better it looks.

Speaking about clans if you want to join the largest dedicated Huxley clan for 360 join Omega Battalion

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/huxley/686013p1.aspx
here' s a great article on Huxley

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/huxley/686013p1.aspx
part two of the article

This is the game I' ve been searching for since I was 7 years old. Every game I' ve ever played has been a build up for Huxley. We can' t compare the entire game to another as no game has ever even tried to do half of what Huxley aims to attain.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 9 Feb 06 19:32:38 >
Nitro

RE: Huxley - Feb 10, 2006 04:11
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Erm, Planetside is a MMOFPS with hundreds of people taking part in battles to hold territories and stuff. It has guilds and clans and factions and rubbish like that (no offense). It had, way back then, ...pretty much the same aims as Huxley does. Oh, and look, it also has 3 different sides to play...

Frankly, while Huxley' s aims are higher, i just can' t see it taking off on 360 like it will on PC. On the PC it won' t ever reach the amount of users as WoW has.

I don' t pretend to know as much about the game as you, ...but then i' m not a member of OMEGA BATTALION!!!!!

ROAR!
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Huxley - Feb 10, 2006 04:55
I agree with Majik on this one. It' s gonna take off on the PC. On the xbox 360 too, just not as much. But what if this game becomes another halo 2 in terms of multiplayer? (oh wait, it can only be played online, hahaha, me so dumb). nvm, what i said about halo 2. I was thinking something along the lines of, this is what the 360 needs, an mmo, to attract a lot of other gamers, and who knows, it might just do it. Looks like Huxley for the PC is gonna need a powerful PC, judging from the graphics, so for those that would have to go and buy a video card, they can just get a 360. An MMO like this might be just the game that may push MMO lovers into buying a 360 (even tho it' s gonna be for PC too). but just " may" .
< Message edited by KiLLer -- 9 Feb 06 20:58:14 >
Game Junkie

RE: Huxley - Feb 11, 2006 06:23
Doesn' t Planetside control like Guild wars? the combat isn' t even in real time.

Planetside isn' t a true fpsmmo, really its just an mmo that has guns in it.
Huxley is a fps first and an mmo second. Basically its a fps that actually has a reason for players to keep playing after one month.

I never said it would be a halo 3 killer in terms of sales, I said it would be the best game ever made, at least for my tastes.
Nitro

RE: Huxley - Feb 11, 2006 06:44
No, it' s an fps and plays like one, ...but you can build up your characters skills like an RPG...

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Huxley - Feb 11, 2006 08:10
The thing that will probably turn me off of this is the fact I' m madly addicted to LMS and LMS style game types. And I have the feeling this will be a game of re-spawning, which isnt horrible...but just not my thing

I have this idea for a mmo (actually an entire layout spanning several notebooks), that is my long term goal in life to bring to the masses...hopefully the path I' m going down right now will allow this.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11 Feb 06 0:13:11 >
Game Junkie

RE: Huxley - Feb 11, 2006 08:59
Mass X could you outline some of your ideas for the game you imagine? And what is LMS?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message