Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 a serious assault on xbox360
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 10, 2006 08:34
i had no idea about that , although what i hear and what i' m sure of is that DOA4 is indeed region free
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 10, 2006 08:36

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

What?
European xbox360 work with american/japanese games?

Yep. Some original Xbox games were like that too. See, Microsoft leave it to the developers/publishers to decide whether they want to region lock their games. Like i said, i live in the UK, i have a 360 i got on launch day here and i imported DoA4 and RR6 from the US since they' re not out here til next month and they work fine.

Makes sense to me. The PSP is only region locked for films too, meaning it' ll play any game from anywhere. The 360 is the same, region locked for films but not for games.

EDIT: a quick look over at Lik-Sang shows Call of Duty 2 US, Condemned: Criminal Origins US, Gun US, Quake 4 US, Tony Hawks : American Wasteland US to be region free and working on ALL consoles (Japan, Europe, US etc).

While Dead or Alive 4 US (Console needs to be set to 60Hz or controllers won' t work) and Ridge Racer 6 US (doesn' t matter if 50Hz or 60Hz) work perfectly on EUROPEAN consoles.

And Japanese games with English voice/text/menu support include; Ridge Racer 6(complete english, not region-free), Perfect Dark Zero (complete english, not region-free), Project Gotham Racing 3 (complete english, not region-free, confirmed by Bizarre), Dead or Alive 4 (complete english, not region-free), King Kong (complete english, not region-free), Kameo (complete english, not region-free, confirmed by Rare) - Meaning that they will work on both Japanese and European (region 2) consoles but not US consoles.

So, if you live in Europe you can import games from both Japan and the US and they' ll work fine. Some future games will be region locked but most won' t.

The list is available at lik-sang.com http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?t=9766 and will be updated accordingly.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 10 Jan 06 16:47:26 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 10, 2006 08:44
hmmm UK....
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 10, 2006 08:46
I heard of 360' ies where DOA doesnt work, when its bought from the US
Nitro

RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 10, 2006 08:50

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I heard of 360' ies where DOA doesnt work, when its bought from the US

PAL console need to be set to 60hz for the controllers to work (wireless). But DoA4 work fine for me.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 10, 2006 09:21
I didnt feel like taking the chance. Im counting on getting it friday, maybe saturday. Im not even done with Kameo, King Kong, or PGR 3 yet, so im not wildly in a hurry!
Nitro

RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 10, 2006 19:20

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I didnt feel like taking the chance. Im counting on getting it friday, maybe saturday. Im not even done with Kameo, King Kong, or PGR 3 yet, so im not wildly in a hurry!

Yeah, if it makes Friday though. I mean, HMV had it listed as the 9th last week, the the 20th on Sunday and now the 27th. Gamestation just say Jan 2006 like Game, and Amazon still says 20th. My friend wants it too and he' s been ringing everywhere and nobody knows.

I know what you mean though, although i' ve completed CoD2, Condemned and Kameo, i am nowhere near finishing PGR3 and i haven' t even scratched the surface of Amped 3. I bought but haven' t played Gun or King Kong yet, are they any good? I heard Tony Hawks sucks though so i didn' t take it out of the plastic yet! I REALLY want Oblivion though, it' s gonna steal my life and make my girlfriend go elsewhere for affection i think. I went to the elderscrolls website and watched all 6 of the videos and it look amazing!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 11, 2006 19:12
Speaking of modifications;

The guy who modded my Xbox said that the 360 will be cracked eventually (of course) but it won' t be worth it to mod the thing because there are SO MANY counter-measure built into it. He' s really knowledgeable about this stuff, too. I suppose if you were going to pirate games it might be worth it, but it cost me $150 to mod my Xbox (not including the hard drive!). It' s been cool, downloading my games to the hard drive, and streaming music. And playing DOA: Volleyball with the nude patch is priceless, but I don' t know if it was " worth it" per se. I don' t even use most of the stuff he put on there. Then again, I was considering buying a region free dvd player (for about $100) and now I don' t have to!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: a serious assault on xbox360 - Jan 12, 2006 03:01
when the first mod chip appeared in morocco , it costed $80 but now it cost only $40... the downwar of doing this is you can' t connect to xbox live anymore, no big deal in morocco since we can' t have it anyway ... i heard lately that people were able to,play on line with the xbox by connecting it to private servers .

i think the big deal with ps3 will not be to find a modship but rather to burn blue-ray, i' m sure that burners for these formats will be very exepensive , and so you won' t see ps3 burned games everywhere before at least two years.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message