Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Dec 31, 2005 04:48

No but we could all cry because developers didnt jump a board on the xbox, and made games that was half of what they could have been!!

Sure ...HEll why won' t they make games for the PC and make them 5 times better than on any other systemn right?

Even better - they should make games for NASA computers - sure there are only few but man those games would' ve been 10 times better.

:)

Hsrdware is no indication on how cool the game will be - it' s all about developers.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Dec 31, 2005 04:56
NASA rungs their stuff on really old things, because its too costly to create the software for new systems when its already working flawlessly!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Dec 31, 2005 16:00
NASA lied!
Nitro

RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Dec 31, 2005 16:09
People need to realise that hardware is much less important this time around. The PS3 is likely to be at least on par with 360, but it' s difficult to make much sense of anything Sony are saying at the moment. All they keep blurting out is stuff about ' real HD' and a floating point performance of 1.8 terraflops, which doesn' t really tell you anything! They seem to really want to avoid the usual ' can display so many polys on screen at any one time' , which is obnious since Gears Of War throws more polygons around than the MGS4 realtime demo showcased at TGS. But it will all come down do what developers do with the hardware.

In the end, it' s the gamers that will be the overall winners. We' re at the dawn of a new generation of gaming and the possibilities are huge!
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Dec 31, 2005 16:27
Yes they are. I' ve gamed PDZ and the graphics are awesome. But don' t you think that the gameplay of the next gen is falling down?
Nitro

RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Dec 31, 2005 17:39
It' s too early to tell that yet. But i bought Perfect Dark on release day and while the visuals were very impressive, the story was terrible and it was way too short. Now Call of Duty 2 on the otherhand is simply amazing. Easily the best launch title for the console!

Kameo plays well, the character-combo idea is cool, and Condemned is utterly superb!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Jan 01, 2006 00:06
I' m done caring as to which will have better games, I' m just going to get both.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Jan 01, 2006 04:06
hm, TBH the nintendo DS has give me a vision of what revolution will be like and is making me care less about 360/Ps3 as i play the lastest DS games..

DS proved to me that ' more Horsepower' doesn' t mean much when a game is already being made by talented developers and artists and new conpcept hardware.. Just look at the difference in contrast between DS and PSP, the DS totally dominates the more powerful PSP due to original features and new exciting concepts and great games that utlilise it, in fact my DS is easily having more play than my brand new 360 and 5 games..

With 360/Ps3 its gona be a case of who gets what exclusive titles over the other console, i feel they both will be very-alike but i also feel that they wil not provide anything really new or refreshing either..

HD visuals for Consoles games is a first but for alot of PC owners this isn' t nothing new atall, in fact i find my 360 games in 720p are a backward step in resolution in comparison to my utlra-high resolution-capable athlon 64 FX, 7800gtx PC..

Im realy looking forward to the Revolution more and if its put together well and developers take proper advantage of it, i feel it could quite easily be capable of making my 360/PS3 games feel old fashioned in a sense... Revolution will certainly make the next generation alot more interesting, thats for sure.
Vx Chemical

RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Jan 01, 2006 05:13

Yes they are. I' ve gamed PDZ and the graphics are awesome. But don' t you think that the gameplay of the next gen is falling down?

I would' nt go out and judge nextgen on a few titles only, i dont expect a revolution this generation, not any more than i did the last. " Next-Gen" is highly overhyped, its just more powerful hardware, for better graphics, physics and large enviroments.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Jan 01, 2006 08:00
As always, there are going to be gems for all the consoles. To be honest I HAVE to get all three consoles, because this time around I almost missed out on some great PS2 games because I just didn' t see anything I wanted. When my (ex)girlfriend bought it for me, I got about 9 or 10 games (she bought me 6 used). Of those, I played the hell out of FFX, God of War, Rumble Roses, and currently Guitar Heroes! Gamecube? That' s another story. Only game I played a lot on that was Metroid Prime. At least with the revolution they' re introducing a new way to interact with their games, ' cause honestly this last time around I was disappointed.
Vx Chemical

RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Jan 01, 2006 08:20
I missed out on a few PS2 games like God of War which i would have liked to have played, i might get a PS3, but not at launch, i wont pay 400$+ for it, when it hits the 200$price tag ill begin to check it out. Ill be betting the Revolution straight up, because i loved Zelda, Paper Mario, and others.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Jan 01, 2006 15:53
GameCube had much more gems than Metroid.I' m getting a PS2 again for those games you' ve mentioned and others (MGS3 , DMC3 , Shadow of the Collosus , Soul CAlibur 3, Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest VIII and so much more MAAAN :) )

I' m shocked how many quality titles landed on PS2 , X is pretty much finished - I think Half Life 2 was the last huge game for it (and man, it was pure glory indeed)

It' s a good thing that I' ve missed second half of PS2' s campaign - now the next gens are going to get cheaper , some must-have killerapps are going to appear and I' ll be waiting for this playing all those polished games.

Hell yeah :)

Happy new year people - this will be a very interesting one.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 yet again - Jan 01, 2006 20:00
You can' t really judge gameplay until you' ve played the game for a decent amount of time. At first I thought PDZ multiplayer was mediocre. Then as I played more and more and got better at the game I realised just how balanced it is. I have more and more fun every time I play it.

PDZ is my favorite game right now. I even prefer it over Halo 2.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message