Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 81
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 17, 2005 09:36
and probably squaresoft knows that it should leave room to Ai and other stuff, may be that video just tested the gpu...

3dmark2005 can benchmark your pc , it uses real time stuff (fabulous graphics) but it doesn' t take into consideration the cpu (of course it uses it but just the minimum needed) and you can see what your pc more or less is capable of..

so i guess it would be the same thing with squaresoft and they already proved it with ps2 , they showed that FF7 teaser while keeping in mind that here is still room for other stuff to put otherwise they' ll be stupid and embrassed later on which i doubt of
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 17, 2005 10:05

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I doubt it was RT, sure they might get the graphic to work on the PS2, and they might not.

No where have i said the PS3 will be less powerfull than the Xbox 360, it might be more powerfull, but i believe it will be just about equal, and given the XNA to develop xbox games with, the Xbox will be in the developers favor, but whether the gamers buy it is a different matter, old habits die hard, so hard many even refuse to take note of MS.

Sony is in for a rough battle, the PS3 will cost them a fortune.

I' ve seen in many places that the PS3 could be less powerful than the 360. Personally I' m at the point were The specs are damn close and it comes down to the developers. After watching those Lost Oddyssey and the Blue Dragon videos I just posted I can definately say the 360 is right there with the PS3.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 17, 2005 11:29
I know it' s about preference which console you prefer.
But if you have to rate the value of a console, then you cannot rate it depending on a single persons views. You have to take the average view and see what the markets desires the most. Therefore I can easily say that PS2 is far more appreciated and valuable than the Xbox.
And I know that you usually don' t buy all the Must-have titles. But the more Must-have titles to choose from (PS2), the bigger are the chances of getting a game you really appreciate. And the Xbox has got less exclusive Must-have titles than the limit of how many games the average person buys (based on average consumer opinion).
But of course now with the prices so low, if you are a fan of several of the exclusive franchises on the Xbox, then it is a good choice of console. But to the average person the PS2 still has to be considered more valuable.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 17, 2005 12:39
As ff8 ride the succes of ff7 so was ps2...of psx.
Basically people know,with ps2 i can chip it as with psx and play my old games too,and its a safe card they are the leader right now and was at the moment then ofc.

And about sales and stuff...

FF serie has sold 60 million copies,pokemon 140 millions... enough said.
Sure number is number,and you should listen to them,but the reason why ps2 was so succesful and sold so much is because of the lack of fight of nintendo,and not having a competion...the psx had like 100000 games and you could chip them etc and they was cheap and to me better then n64 games.
Same with the ps2+you got a dvd and dvd was new at the mom which GC did not include.
I would say that 80-90% of the market already had a ps2 when xbox came.

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 17, 2005 14:34
I don' t think anyone can judge PS3' s power based on specs that can be changed any day now.

I think Sony has an eye on 360 right now and they know how many users hate the noise ,heat issues and big size with AC powerbrick.
Plus how uninspired most launch titles feel to many reviewers.

If they can learn from it they can win big time - but Sony proved that they mostly don' t give a F**K - I wonder if they will underestimate 360 this time.They' ve already underestimated Xbox and DS - they cannot afford doing so with 360 and Revolution.

It just proves what a great thing competition is.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 17 Dec 05 22:35:39 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 17, 2005 16:59
I think they will underestimate it, or they will bash it with useless press like the one where they call Xbox 360 fake HD.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 17, 2005 19:15
Both companies go about their strategies in different ways. To put it bluntly:

Sony tries to solve its problems through bullshit and slander.
Microsoft tries to solve its problems by throwing money around.

Which strategy is better? That' s for you to decide, but don' t expect either of them to change their ways because their current strategies have gotten them to where they are now.

I think Sony has an eye on 360 right now and they know how many users hate the noise ,heat issues and big size with AC powerbrick.

Don' t expect the PS3 to be any better than the X360 in this area. If anything it might be worse. It' s gotten to the point where it' s simply too difficult to provide a completely silent cooling solution for technology that advanced and in a package that small. The technology has advanced faster than cooling methods can handle and hence this is why we have giant power bricks, noisier machines and a lot of heat. As later revisions of the consoles appear some of these issues will be solved or minimised but that probably won' t happen for a year or so.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 18, 2005 06:00
...... i thought Sony were just pointing out that PS3 will be ' more' High Definition than 360, in the fact that PS3 outputs in the superior 1080 progressive format, and that 360 cannot play High Definition DVD' s....

...the 1080 format is said to be rare, but on first glance, you WOULD expect 360 to be able to play HD movies in its drive ....... although i read somewhere that MS plan to sell you HD movies as downloads via xbox live....

... how long would it take to download a full length HD version of King Kong, for example?.... would the overall quality be the same as me buying a HD DVD from the high street? and how much space would say, 10 full length HD movies take up on the 360 hard drive?....

...Sony have unquestionably underestimated Xbox Live... when will they admit it? ...or do you think that Sony are just simply incapable of creating a service anywhere near as comprehensive as Microsoft?...
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 18, 2005 06:03
If they made the fans bigger, they could get more cooling per dB as it were. But that would mean a bigger console, and no Sony consumer wants a huge beastly thing! Its easy with PCs cos you just stick a great big 120mm heat sink fan on the cpu etc. But without that luxury, you have to delve into power management issues on individual chips.

I dont know how they pulled off the slimline (or PSP for that matter!) but that was amazing!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 18, 2005 16:20

how long would it take to download a full length HD version of King Kong, for example?

Judging by HD movies that are available today, King Kong wouldn' t even come close to fitting on the Xbox360' s tiny hard drive, even if you never installed any backwards compatibility modes, audio files, game saves or anyting else.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 19 Dec 05 0:21:09 >
QuezcatoL

RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 18, 2005 16:46
Yeah,even thoguh you dont have a hdd,a blu-ray might work like one....putting many movies into one cd.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 02:40
After PSX, PS2 and PSP (some people seem to forget the PSP) I' m quite confident that Sony will deliver a machine worthy the PlayStation Brand. A brand that so far has stood for great games and multimedia. No matter how much they lie, some of what they tell is truth, enough to make a good console. Of course, I want to see it and read the reviews before I actually buy it. Lets keep our hopes high
- -
Is there a demand for HD movies on the market today? I mean, I still think regular DVDs look great. On a TV smaller than 42" it can' t make much of a difference can it?
I' ve never seen a HD-movie so I really don' t know how it looks but it seems to require lots of harddrive space and technology so complicated that I think regular DVDs are fine.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 02:52
for me PSP is so far a disapointement , most of its releases are ports and few games are original and not a single one is a killer ap.... and why he hell ubisoft released that remake of prince of persia 2, are they kidding me?? most of people think hat its the worst in the series, why did they pick up the second in particular ?? speacialy after the release of the third ?? sometimes i don' t understand anything of how these companies think....

long life to PS3
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 03:02

I still think regular DVDs look great.

They look fine. And many many people share your view. And that is why Blu-Ray won' t be the massive huge selling point for the PS3 like Sony thinks it will be.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 04:31
I must say that I' ve watched the same movie on both standard DVD and on HD-DVD, and the difference is VERY noticeable. This is assuming, of course, that you have an HD display. Of course, anyone who has a high def tv and some hd programming coming into their home can attest to this. HD ROCKS HARD!

Most people don' t realize what their missing until they actually get some quality time with an HD signal in their home, and then have to watch standad def. If you don' t currently have access to HD then, yeah, regular DVDs look fine. I' ve been spoiled, and I want my HD-DVDs NOW!!
QuezcatoL

RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 05:54
ANd for us people who has no tv channel broadcasting in hd,shall we pay 1600 dollar just to be able to have hd when we play xbox360 and a game like pdz?

Chee Saw

RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 10:17
That' s up to you, but I' m sure the value will increase when HD-DVDs come to market.

So QuezcatoL, do they have ANY high def stuff over there in Sweden? Like on satellite or Cable?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 10:40
Ill be getting a HD tv as soon as possible, seeing the difference on the games on Xbox 360 is enough to warrant a purchase, and channels here in denmark will begin sending the signal in May.

I hope if at one point MS decides to put a drive in the xbox 360, that they give some option for the people who already bought one.
Chee Saw

RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 10:51

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I hope if at one point MS decides to put a drive in the xbox 360, that they give some option for the people who already bought one.

I agree. I would hate to be one of the first to buy one, only to be left out in the cold. I don' t see how it would work, though. Maybe ship it in to the Microsoft repair facility and get a refurbished model with HD-DVD capabilities?
QuezcatoL

RE: WOW! Japan sure does hate the Xbox brand. - Dec 19, 2005 11:50
Same for us chemical,but only one of the cable sport channels :O
Hopefully the price is reasonble in some months...
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 81

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message