Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Proof that 2D is better than 3D!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Proof that 2D is better than 3D! - Dec 02, 2005 20:58

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Then you have NO CHOICE but to absolutely hate Castlevania DS and every Street Fighter game!

Honestly, they just don' t hold my interest any more. I LOVED Street Fighter back in the day, but I tried to play it recently with a friend of mine, and only made it through two fights. I mean, I wish it weren' t that way, but I guess my tastes have just changed over the years.

As for Castlevania DS, I don' t know. It makes it kinda hard to evaluate the game, considering it' s on a system I don' t own! Once again; I just can' t seem to get into portables. Oh well!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Proof that 2D is better than 3D! - Dec 11, 2005 03:28
I love 3D games (I can' t imagine games like Shenmue or Ocarina in 2D) but whenever I play 2d mario it feels so ...responsive so ..it' s just 100% control and the gameplay is so " clean" , it' s incredible.

Actually that responsive control was in Starfox Adventures for GCN - Mario 64 and Zelda both were good but the analog stick for N64 wasn' t all that cool.

For instance the 3D fighting games are great - casue they have that tight and responsive controlls - same with FPP games like Halo ,Hal-Life 2 and Metroid.

It' s not about dimensions - it' s about game design and controls - if they feel right than the gameplay is tight and great.Still not that many games can keep up with Mario' s precision in my opinion.

We play games like that because they have nice atmosperic graphics and sound - but it' s gameplay that' s , in many cases , lost in translation between your fingers and controller ports on the console.

I don' t understand why can' t they make GTA games that have great , tight and responsive gameplay next to fantastic presentation and freedom ...a few less bugs and less Beta-like enviroment would' ve been nice as well.

I say it' s mostly because more and more PC developers come along to our world who make another PC game only for consoles.And those Devs are known for pushing the graphics - because that' s what PC gamers are used to and want.

Still thanks to the fact that they come to consoles , we get to play Half-Life 2 - and that' s pretty cool.

I think 2D and 3D should coexist - like many of you said some games are not good when the free 3D world exploration is implemented (like Sonic and others) so why not 2,5 D? It' s a perfect way to combine what' s best of 2D and 3D.It' s why fighting games were the first to kick ass in 3D , it was a new dimension but the game perspective was 2,5 (untill more advanced games apeared but even now most of the fighting is 2,5D with 3D " cut-scenes" for throws and stuff)

One genre that needs 3D bad is racing games - even in 2D era those games had a 3D like view made in 2 dimensions technology and 3D just made them better and I don' t think you' ll argue here.

Thank God that I can play cool 2D games on my DS , cause I love the graphics of Castlevania and others.One of the best looking games up to this day is Metal Slug - the work that went into this is incredible.

It' s gotten to long I guess - sorry :)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread