Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps. - Oct 15, 2005 20:26
I keep watching the HD video of Gotham 3 over and over. I' ve come to one realization. Because of the graphics and the motion blur, this isn' t any different anymore, from watching a movie, and being able to control the cars in it too. I guess that' s not a bad thing. I really still have to see it in action, before i can determine whether motion-blurred 30fps is as soothing as non-blurred 60fps.

One thing' s for sure though, at 30fps this game won' t seem like Live TV broadcast anymore.

Interesting question: How would you all feel if DOA4, VF5, or possibly a Tekken 6, was decidedly made to run at 30fps in order to accomodate more jaw dropping backgrounds? And why has there never been a 30fps fighting game since the Toshinden series?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps. - Oct 15, 2005 21:28
I agree that 60fps feels broadcasty, like TV news. For real video I hate 60fps and prefer 24p (progressive scan). But for games 60fps is nice. I haven' t seen any Gotham pics with motion blur. Was the supposed HD video you watched shot with a camcorder pointing at a screen or was it direct feed? If it was a camcorder, then any blurring you see is most likely artificial as a result of the camera' s CCDs.

Edit: Do you remember how much Toshinden sucked? And then when Virtua Fighter 2 came out and everyone was amazed at how that looked? I think everyone likes that 60fps look. VF1 was 60fps as well.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 16 Oct 05 5:29:43 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps. - Oct 16, 2005 05:58
60 fps doesnt just make it look better,it help out the smoother gameplay,you can feel the small lagg everywhere in ghost recon,with the 30 fps.
Its annoying.
Ult1mate X64

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps. - Oct 16, 2005 08:07
You all have to understand that each car is 80,000 to 105,000 approx polygons and that is for the cars alone than you have to had all other polygons like buildings and ppl on the side of the racing track and the track together. A bridge in PGR3 has more polygons than a full city in PGR2 and that is alot of friggen polygons, yeah the xbox360 has alot of power to use but if you crowd that with heaps of data then the system is going to run slower and slower. If we are lucky enough than Bizzarr Creations could get the FPS up to a stable 40frames and thats is enough to play a game and enjoy it.

Hope this has cleared some light on some ppl.

Note:This is my first post on this Forum and im glad to be here.
< Message edited by ult1mate x64 -- 16 Oct 05 16:08:00 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps. - Oct 16, 2005 08:26
PGR3 is currently 30fps and is not likely to reach 60fps for release if you ask me.
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200510/053.asp

PGR1 was 60fps by the way.
PGR2 was 30.

If you can' t tell the difference between PGR1 and PGR2 then there' s little point in worrying about fps in the first place.
QuezcatoL

RE: Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps. - Oct 16, 2005 10:14
But it might reach 40?
I mean have they optimize the code yet?
I would probably think they did that now...
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps. - Oct 17, 2005 03:25

Was the supposed HD video you watched shot with a camcorder pointing at a screen or was it direct feed?

I think it was direct feed. There are loads of Gotham 3 screenshots with motion blur. Like this on for example, look at the left edge: https://www.kikizo.com/viewer/imageview_games.asp?http://games.kikizo.com/media/projectgothamracing3_oct05/02.jpg

hehe. I can' t get this joke out of my head, about what i keep hoping the developers at bizarre are talking about right at this moment:

" Okay is everything in order? a.i. final? physics bugs all fixed?... By the way how' s are marketing campaign, are we into phase 3 yet? ok?... yes or no? ok good. Now... activate X360 core' s 2 and 3, let' s see what this baby looks like at full power!"
< Message edited by jars -- 17 Oct 05 11:44:35 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Arrrgh, Gotham 3 at 30fps. - Oct 18, 2005 03:35
...Its not just active core 2 and 3.
If it was that easy,cell would be kick ass 2k,listen to gabe the creator of half life...how he is angry on MS,probably bizzare too,but seeing how ms publish their game they cant give out critism,i told everyone a HDD should have been used in every package,and they said no dev really cared,wtf?!

" I spoke to some people at Microsoft, and as I said, I can' t point to a single feature in Vista that I care about that solves problems for us. At all. And I had the same conversation with the Xbox 360 guys. It' s like Xbox 360 doesn' t make my life any better, and in fact, it makes it a lot worse, as you' re telling me I can' t count on having a hard drive," said Newell.

He trash multicore processorer for being to hard to work with,not just ps3,but xbox360 too.
So its not so easy uploading each core as some think.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 18 Oct 05 11:37:09 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread