Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 video game analyst have picks for next gen
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Oct 02, 2005 08:00
not a good point - people who buy Rev buy it for intuitive controls - these people lack the hand-eye coordination for dual analog controls.

There are many people like that who see how cool games like splinter cell , halo and other are but can' t go past the CONTROLS thing.

Plus there' s gonna be lot' s of cool new things to use it for because that' s NINTENDO.

It' s not that Nintendo makes their consoles " weaker" when announcing - they keep it realistic while Sony says all the fairytales.

I must admit it' s incredible to stay that real when all that hype works so well.

I respect MS for not giving me BS like Sony (Halo 2 was overhyped but you cannot say it' s a fuckin LIE) but still they like to hype a bit from time to time.

And callin Rev hype is not right untill we get to experience it first hand and say it' s dissapointing.

Analysts are useless fools mostly - Anyone can predict like that.
< Message edited by ]GaNgStA[ -- 2 Oct 05 16:01:40 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Oct 02, 2005 16:26
I would buy Revolution for it' s cool control, and I am quite proficient at the dual analog thing. I just think it would be cool to play games a different way. Now we can have Konami' arcade sword game (what was that called?) at home. If anything, this will help increase hand-eye coordination even more... depending on the game, of course.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Oct 02, 2005 17:17
gangsta I' m not saying everyone who buys a rev will do that, I' m just saying some will, as long as the price is low. You need to start using your head and think things out instead of getting all defensive. Not everyone is out to get you... until you make posts like that.

New target aquired: ]GaNgStA[
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Oct 04, 2005 09:14
eeee ok cool down man - I didn' t mean to fight anyone - it' s just that old people who buy DS for mind games or sth like that don' t really buy PSP next.

But I admit some people will surely remember Rev for introducing games to them and will decide to stay in it and yeah maybe even buy a PS3 or X360.

O just don' t think of it as something becoming very common.

But it might be different as well - games might be so cool with Rev controller that it will be awkward to play the " old" style of controller - It' s like playing Donkey Konga or DDR on a controller after you' ve mastered the game on dancing controller or bongos (I don' t know if you know that feeling but it' s just unplayable).

The biggest impact will be on FPS even though many gamers don' t believe it - All editors who played it admit it and I really believe them. :)

Joe the hand eye coordination is actually something that develops more with dual analog and many buttons config - I think so at least as a medical student :).

It' s when you adjust your actions to control smoothly on a complex or unintuitive controller.That' s why so many people have trouble with Dual Analog (they wouldn' t if they tried to learn it but some people are soo lame :)) .

Rev is quite intuitive as far as I see it and won' t have that much to do with eye-hand coordination as it will with reflexes in some games and I think that' s what you ment by HAND-EYE coordination.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message