video game analyst have picks for next gen

Phoenixxx1974
  • Total Posts : 332
  • Reward points : 0
video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 29, 2005 22:45
hello everyone tell me how you all feel about these so called " analysts" one on egm' s 1up.com headline says this

Analyst Predicts PS3 Lead, Next-Gen PSP
Piper Jaffray lays down its lofty predictions through 2008.
http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3144208

and over at gamespot it says this from the same company.

Analyst: Xbox 360 leads console wars through 2008
Piper Jaffray predicts hard-drive-equipped PSP in mid-2006, healthy growth for gaming industry through 2011.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/29/news_6134710.aspx

Notice how they both have Nintendo last? I personally think they are full of it. The only one i plan to buy at launch is the Rev with friends saying the same thing because the XBox 360 is too pricey and the PS3 might be alot more in the range of $500 having kutaragi saying stuff like " it' s not a game machine it' s a home super computer" , " it will be expensive" more then once, and my fav " i want people to have to work more hours to be able to afford the PS3."

comment away

Phoenixxx1974
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 29, 2005 22:48
anyone else notice they mention a new PSP? one called it the next gen PSP and another one says upgrade with built in hard drive. does that mean it wil be even more expensive?

GOOD LUCK

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 29, 2005 22:55
Well if an analyst predicted it, it must be true.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 29, 2005 23:01
Have past analyst predictions ever come true?

I' m sure they must' ve gotten a prediction or two right in the past -- (if you throw enough crap against the wall, something' s bound to stick) -- but most of the time, their ability to predict what' s going to happen in this industry have failed to live up to even Ms. Cleo' s psychic abilities.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 30 Sep 05 7:03:06 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 29, 2005 23:18
the funny thing is that the spces for the PS3 and Rev haven' t even been finalized and annocued yet. Last i heard the PS3 was having a problem with heat and other problems and had to lower the speed to 2.6Ghz. Plus Satoru Iwata said if you put them up against the Rev they won' t be that much of a difference visually and the ATI is making the card for the Rev who also made the X360 one.

I guess we' ll see huh?

Joe Redifer
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 03:06
The internet is the bastian of truth. It is true, I tell you! It wouldn' t be on the internet if it wasn' t!

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 05:29

ORIGINAL: Phoenixxx1974

the funny thing is that the spces for the PS3 and Rev haven' t even been finalized and annocued yet. Last i heard the PS3 was having a problem with heat and other problems and had to lower the speed to 2.6Ghz. Plus Satoru Iwata said if you put them up against the Rev they won' t be that much of a difference visually and the ATI is making the card for the Rev who also made the X360 one.

I guess we' ll see huh?

Just because ATi made the 360s GPU doesn' t mean the Rev' s will be as good. The GPU is a big factor on why the 350 is pricey. If Nintendo wants to keep prices down they' ll have to go with a less powerful GPU.

Btw... is it confirmed anywhere that the Rev will be $200? Everyone just expects it to be cheap again but I haven' t seen anyone back up the statement.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 05:52
IGN

Revolution Less Powerful
Nintendo president concedes 360 and PS3 will have more horsepower. Comments inside.
by Matt Casamassina

September 29, 2005 - In a recent interview with television network G4, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata reiterated the company' s plans to go after non-gamers and simultaneously conceded that its next-generation console would lack the horsepower of competitors. The statement can likely be filed under the not-so-surprising category for readers who have followed previous Big N announcements on the still-codenamed Revolution, which has from the beginning been positioned as a pick-up-and-play alternative to traditional videogame machines. But even so, the executive' s latest words on the subject offer the most concrete confirmation yet that as far as tech specs go, Revolution may not be on equal levels as Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.

" If you are just going to compare the spec sheets and spec numbers, Revolution may not have an equal or higher number as the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. But the fact of the matter is that if people are going to connect our machine and their machine to an ordinary TV set at home and try to compare the differences, I really don' t think that they can tell such a huge difference between the machines," Iwata told G4.

The Nintendo president, however, did not elaborate on whether gamers would be able to distinguish dramatic graphical differences between Revolution games running on regular TVs and 360 or PS3 software running in high-definition on capable sets.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 06:27
The power we get in xbox360+ps3 was higher then i was expecting,and the NR power will probably live up to all of us expecting,and hopes too,so dont worry.
It will truly show us stunning games,and you know what? when the right people use a hardware,you will think zelda on NR is using almost all power of xbox 360 or ps3.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 07:08
Yet we haven' t seen a single revolution game. Seriously, not to bash Nintendo fans but you guys are really blind. you have hopes and dreams for this thing yet they' ve given us nothing to actually prove their statements. I just can' t be a blind follower like that. when they give me a tech sheet and videos of actual gameplay then I' ll start believing. Until then I have very little faith in Nintendo next gen.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

QuezcatoL
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 08:05
I think next gen Nintendo console aka NR will deliver awesome graphic,but i dont belive the console itself will be as strong as xbox360 or ps3.
However i do belive when right people make game for it it will look just amazing.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 10:11
Rampage why do you hate Nintendo so much? All you do is put them down and put down the people who believe in them.

It' s not blind following it' s faith Nintendo is the reason why we have every important feature on a video game console and controller, they are also the ones who saved the industry during the 1980' s crash. They care about making fun games not other gimmicky ideas that alot of people never even use. I do not care about having a super computer for my home. I want to play games and I think Nintendo has some of the best games around.

Your Precious Microsoft even complimented Nintendo on the new controller. Which is smart it gets the Nintendo fans to be able to look at MS in a friendly light. Unlike the cocky arrogant Sony, who thinks just because they are number one (only because they have all the 3rd party support, the only reason i have a crappy PS1 and 2 is for Sqaure Enix games and i also like the Ratchet and clank games) they think they can do no wrong but the only way to go after you are up is down, ask Nintendo they were the same way (with the former president being cocky as well for being #1 and look how hard they fell).

The creative and Innovator Peter Molyneux said it best " Never underestimate Nintendo." Sony hasn' t shown a real game yet either but people are still praising them. Why is Sony held on such a high pedestal? They make crappy fragile stuff that doesn' t even last very long.

well that is how i feel. Sorry if i offended any sony fans.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 11:44
Just like alot of folks don' t trust Sony' s announced specs and tech demos, I don' t trust Nintendo' s " our console won' t be as powerful" routine. I remember them pulling a similar stunt with the GameCube by announcing the unit' s paltry polygon pushing power compared to the amounts of the PS2 and Xbox. But in the end it' s the PS2 that struggles or would struggle to run some of the monsters that the GameCube has cooked up. I' ll just wait and see what developers are able to pull off with the Revolution.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 11:47
nicely put

QuezcatoL
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 12:55
I think Nintendo should use DVD with Nintendo revolution...

Phoenixxx1974
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 13:02
they are. they are using a dual layer DVD which holds upto 9.6 gigs which is more plenty for Nintendo seeing how they have like some of the best compression utility.

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 13:30
I have no doubts that the REvolution is going to be less powerful, but I do think there' s a bit of truth to the statement they' re making that you probably won' t be able to tell as much. Graphics are becoming pretty high end everywhere, and undoubtably the PS3 and 360 will be able to pull off great effects the revolution can' t, I think Most games are going to look similar, or at least acceptable. I' m not going to worry about tech sheets, rather just how the games look when talking if the system has enough power. If they can release a system that costs less, but even though it doesn' t have the computational power can still make games look great, I think Nintendo could move into 2nd place. Oddly enough I think it' ll be 2nd place behind Microsoft not Sony, but I don' t think Microsoft will have the marketshare Sony did with this generation. Lot' s of people are going to try and own 2 systems, I doubt very highly that it' s going to be PS3 and 360, only because that combination is going to destroy the bank.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 13:34
Plus on the interview with Geoff from G4 he said that he wants to appeal to the non-gamers and the casuall gamers who will not touch a PS3 and Xbox 360 becuase of the price sohe wants the Rev to be low in price for peopel to say hey that is more then reasonable for what you get.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 16:37
If the revolution does get more people to start playing games I think it will also help the 360 and the PS3.
People often start out buying a cheap console that isn' t current gen because they don' t have a console but just want to play games. Then they like it and get into it and want something better.
I' m not saying revolution is going to be shitty, but if 360 and PS3 games show way better graphics and the revolution is cheap I think it will go that way. Everybody wins.
< Message edited by locopuyo -- 1 Oct 05 0:38:37 >
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Phoenixxx1974
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Sep 30, 2005 17:22
interesting point

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Oct 02, 2005 08:00
not a good point - people who buy Rev buy it for intuitive controls - these people lack the hand-eye coordination for dual analog controls.

There are many people like that who see how cool games like splinter cell , halo and other are but can' t go past the CONTROLS thing.

Plus there' s gonna be lot' s of cool new things to use it for because that' s NINTENDO.

It' s not that Nintendo makes their consoles " weaker" when announcing - they keep it realistic while Sony says all the fairytales.

I must admit it' s incredible to stay that real when all that hype works so well.

I respect MS for not giving me BS like Sony (Halo 2 was overhyped but you cannot say it' s a fuckin LIE) but still they like to hype a bit from time to time.

And callin Rev hype is not right untill we get to experience it first hand and say it' s dissapointing.

Analysts are useless fools mostly - Anyone can predict like that.
< Message edited by ]GaNgStA[ -- 2 Oct 05 16:01:40 >

Joe Redifer
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Oct 02, 2005 16:26
I would buy Revolution for it' s cool control, and I am quite proficient at the dual analog thing. I just think it would be cool to play games a different way. Now we can have Konami' arcade sword game (what was that called?) at home. If anything, this will help increase hand-eye coordination even more... depending on the game, of course.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Oct 02, 2005 17:17
gangsta I' m not saying everyone who buys a rev will do that, I' m just saying some will, as long as the price is low. You need to start using your head and think things out instead of getting all defensive. Not everyone is out to get you... until you make posts like that.

New target aquired: ]GaNgStA[
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: video game analyst have picks for next gen - Oct 04, 2005 09:14
eeee ok cool down man - I didn' t mean to fight anyone - it' s just that old people who buy DS for mind games or sth like that don' t really buy PSP next.

But I admit some people will surely remember Rev for introducing games to them and will decide to stay in it and yeah maybe even buy a PS3 or X360.

O just don' t think of it as something becoming very common.

But it might be different as well - games might be so cool with Rev controller that it will be awkward to play the " old" style of controller - It' s like playing Donkey Konga or DDR on a controller after you' ve mastered the game on dancing controller or bongos (I don' t know if you know that feeling but it' s just unplayable).

The biggest impact will be on FPS even though many gamers don' t believe it - All editors who played it admit it and I really believe them. :)

Joe the hand eye coordination is actually something that develops more with dual analog and many buttons config - I think so at least as a medical student :).

It' s when you adjust your actions to control smoothly on a complex or unintuitive controller.That' s why so many people have trouble with Dual Analog (they wouldn' t if they tried to learn it but some people are soo lame :)) .

Rev is quite intuitive as far as I see it and won' t have that much to do with eye-hand coordination as it will with reflexes in some games and I think that' s what you ment by HAND-EYE coordination.