Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why??
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34
Ak1ra

• Total Posts : 13
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 22, 2005 17:16
for a guy with 1375 posts you should know what an offtopic is...one more thing, don' t be stupid assuming that you are older or smarter than me just because you visit this site a long time before me.

(and to finish my first offtopic[sorry everyone], I' m not here to impress you)
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 22, 2005 18:59

ORIGINAL: Ak1ra

for a guy with 1375 posts you should know what an offtopic is...one more thing, don' t be stupid assuming that you are older or smarter than me just because you visit this site a long time before me.

(and to finish my first offtopic[sorry everyone], I' m not here to impress you)

No you are not here to impress him. You are here to berate him.

Look, you coming in here to insult Rampage and try to start some flame war is not warranted, and not appreciated. Just drop it, and stick to the topic, please.
Jartsu

• Total Posts : 16
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 22, 2005 22:11
that is actually the reason I am a new/upcoming fan of this site. I feel like everyone is chill and easygoing and pretty smart about what they say...like backing stuff up. I dont need another flameboy because that is what pushed me away from my last forum.

I would like to get back on topic though. It seems like it comes down to the age old argument fantasy vs realism. I will always pick fantasy in video games. But you did have a point Rampage the comment about not playing sc3 or not being good at it cause I didnt play it...and I am pretty bad at the game. I should invest some more time I am just lazy.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 22, 2005 23:20

ORIGINAL: Jartsu

that is actually the reason I am a new/upcoming fan of this site. I feel like everyone is chill and easygoing and pretty smart about what they say...like backing stuff up. I dont need another flameboy because that is what pushed me away from my last forum.

Exactly. I like these forums simply because of the laid back and intelligent people who lurk here.

ORIGINAL: Ak1ra

don' t be stupid assuming that you are older or smarter than me just because you visit this site a long time before me.

Ak1ra you aren' t off to a great start to these forums. Rampage spoke to you in that way because you gave him reason to. Your first post was offensive and had very little relevance to what we were discussing. Act like a child and prepare to be treated like one. You' ll find it' s the same for pretty much every other forum out there.

ORIGINAL: Jartsu

It seems like it comes down to the age old argument fantasy vs realism. I will always pick fantasy in video games.

I too love fantasy/sci-fi stuff. It' s my favorite genre and most of the games/books that I read. But I feel a stealth game should be realistic and riveting - and SC pulls this off admirably. I find that I am completely immersed in the game whenever I play it, always going through different scenarios in my head before I make my next move and thinking of the consequences of my actions. I like SC because it forces me to think before I act while still keeping the suspense and fun.
Ak1ra

RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 23, 2005 08:27
When I play a videogames I try to enjoy myself and have fun...is a realistic game more fun than a fantasy one? Can be, but most of the times it' s not. I think the only exception are the sport games, even that the car games are more fun if arcade.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 25, 2005 12:05
I' d like more a fantasy game than a realistic game. Games like GTA San Andreas are too real. I can' t imagin how that can make fun.

(Make shore you' ve seen Project Offset. It' s really worth it)
Ak1ra

RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 28, 2005 14:30
hitting old ladies with an ambulance is fun...(in a sick and twisted way)
Aku_San

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 29, 2005 18:44
That' s a tough one.

SC rocks because of the realistic graphics and all of the cool gadgets and the fact that he has an all-in-one rifle,the stealth is...well...stealthy.But the problem is,SAM GOES DOWN WAY WAY WAY TOO EASY!!!!

MGS rocks because of the sweet,sweet weapons,and the fact that the weapons are real,and the funny things they have in it,although SC is not without humor (" Dutch Braffle" )! And Metal Gear is Old school! Remember?NES?Metal Gear?
The biggest problem about MGS is the cutscenes.They are LONG!!

So that' s why I can' t choose.There are many more points to both of them,but I don' t feel like writing them down.
Aku_San

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Sep 29, 2005 18:50

Even the names of the bad guys are laughable.

(like Peter Griffin)
*chuckle*Solid Snake.*chuckle*Shagohad*chuckle*

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Oct 02, 2005 01:23
Ive played all the MG/S games except the most recent, so thist opionion is based on that.

I definatly prefer Splinter Cell. Most of all Chaos Theory. Forget the previous 2 Chaos Theory slaps the shit out of just about every other game out there (with very very few exceptions where it ties). I just love everything about it. Gameplay, Audio, Graphics, ect ect ect. Loved it so much I even went and snagged the soundtrack. SC is the definitive stealth. It blends brains and brawn perfectly and seamlessly.

I guess it also helps that Im an Ubisoft whore...
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Oct 05, 2005 02:00
I also cast my vote for splinter cell.
Not to knock metal gear, if there wasnt metal gear, we would have splinter cell.
I like sc because of the fantasic atmosphere.
Mg is more about bazar ideas and japanse characters.
But that can also be good.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Oct 07, 2005 07:18
It' s allright, dude.

I vote 4 MGS, because I think that it has a bigger potencial and a greater gameplay. Don' t take it hardly, Rampage.
ky

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Oct 08, 2005 00:40
it' s true that sam is more realistic but i don' t think he can compare to snake....the mgs series is legend now..although i do enjoy SC too....it' s just that kojima' s game lights ur imagination with his story and characters....it sticks with u...whereas SC might be forgettable in some areas ...and snake eater just topped it off...a really superb game....although the cam angle limted the experience...can' t wait for Subsistance
MGSfan1981

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Splinter cell series or MGS series ?? and why?? - Oct 19, 2005 09:51
Very big MGSfan as u can see from my name, but also love splinter cell, both games have good and bad points as do most games. But it is very hard to choose. cant wait to see MGS4 and SPLINTER CELL 4 on the next GEN consoles.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message