Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 10:49
It' s not getting old, it' s valid, and sorry Rampage, but it is not a " super computer" . It' s very advanced, but it' s nowhere near the leauge of true super computers. Secondly, compairing it to Atari' s launch is rediculous. That was a budding technology, one of the first home video consoles ever. Microwaves cost 10,000 when they came out, but if you had to pay 600 bucks for one now you' d complain and rightly so. As for the other console' s you' ve listed, the only ones higher than the XBOX 360 are the Neo Geo, 3D0, and Saturn. Where are the companies who put those out now??? What' s getting old is your constant inability to admit that this is getting expensive and that people have a right to be pissed about it. I respect a lot of what you say in these forums, you seem to be very knowledgable Rampage, but to tell me to just be happy and put up with the rising costs is just rediculous.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 11:10
It is a super computer. Whether you want to believe it or not, it is. Scientists agree. The teraflop range is where things are considered super computers. It' s not a high end super computer, but it is a super computer. Again, where are you going to find a PC anywhere near thos specs? No where because it' s not out yet because it' s to pricy for the market yet.

It' s not to expensive. It just isn' t. You can complain and moan, but it isn' t. The extras like the contrllers, I agree are getting to be a little much. a wireless controller should not cost what they are advertising. The console itself though is a great deal. $400 is not a lot for what you are getting, it' s a steal. MS even gives you the option to buy the machine for $300. If you complain about that not having the HD, compare it to thePS2. The PS2 didn' t have a HD and you had to buy a memory card. I think the memory cards were like $35. That' s only $5 less than a 360 memory card and the 360 card is much bigger. So far the core 360 package is running at the same price in almost every aspect as the PS2 at launch yet you are complaining which is BS. The console is so much more powerful than a PS2. It' s so much more powerful than anything out. If you compare the 360 directly to the same state of the market when the PS2 came out the 360 is much better in every aspect other than the extras. The PS2 didn' t have the features, it wasn' t more powerful than the computers at the time, and so on...

The complaining is old and not valid. Complain about the controllers. Even the prices of the games have come back down to $50 bucks for next gen games on EB.Go look for yourself. there are a few exceptions (DOA3, PD0 LE), but most have come down. That means the only thing left to complain about is the HD (which I have already agreed is too expensive simply because it' s only a 20 gig), and the wirelss controllers. Other than that the price of the 360 is basically no different than last generaton.

*edit- here' s even more*

The premimium package comes with numerous extras too, not just the HD. It comes with a remote(which you' d have to buy extra this gen), it comes with a headset(which you' d have to buy extra this gen), it comes with a ethernet cord(which you' d have to buy extra this gen), it comes with more advanced cables(which this gen you can' t find coming with the console package and they are more expensive on the side), and a wireless controller(does nintendo even offer the wireless controller included with any GC package?). You are getting a lot of equipment for that $100. MS is saving you a butt load with that package.

If you can' t see that costs really aren' t rising after reading all that then you have some serious flaws in your logic. I' m not trying to be offensive but seriously, it' s all laid out.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 26 Aug 05 19:25:50 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 11:14
About those prices...remember inflation and currency was diffrent.
I mean for ex when bill clinton was in charge one dollar was worth 11 kronor,when bush took over it wen down to 6 kronor :)
Now its 7,60 kronor but its shift heavily.
Also the console' s before costed alot of money because gaming wasn' t " mainstream" as it become with nes and psx...and oh btw,psx costed lesser then a core package does now,and it came with a demo of a lot of games.
But lets just be honest,it did not come with a DVD,and not a 32 mb 3d card but a 512 mb worlds best graphic card in it :)

mxpx182

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 14:44
Worlds 500 fastest computers This list is 2 months old, and XBOX 360(1.15 TFLOPS claimed) is not as fast as #500. Interestingly PS3(1.8TFLOPS) would put it around #242. XBOX 360 comes out in 3 months. Last year # 500 was 600 gigaflops. given the advances in tech, I' d be surprised if by November anything under 1.5 TFLOPS makes the list of supercomputers. You' re really getting your panties in a bunch over this Rampage, Everytime you post it' s about how powerful the 360 and teraflop this. No PC can compete, and that' s how it always is. Sorry, but when PS2 came out all you heard was supercomputer this, and that. It wasn' t. It didn' t take too long for home PC' s to out do it. The same will happen here. Nov 2007 You will see games on PC' s that the 360 can' t do as well as. The home PC industry isn' t stupid, they know how to make their machines fast too.

That' s not important though, that' s a line that' s being shifted higher every day. My point was never that the 360 was too expensive for what you get, it' s that it' s too expensive. When did videogames become a half thousand dollar hobby? That' s just to play one game! You compiled that list, and the early systems all came with games, and the later systems didn' t cost as much. It' s also unfair to simply tack on an average inflation rate and then do the math. Technology has actually gotten cheaper to produce while the price of gas, food, housing etc has caused inflation. My logic is flawed because I can' t see that costs are rising?? Open your eyes. This system is more expensive than previous ones, costs ARE rising. Regardless if this is the most powerful system yet, 5 years ago you walked home with the best console and a game and it was 340 bucks. This year it will be 460 to get the best. That' s an increase any way you look at it. Call it a premium package, call it whatever, the point is videogameing is becoming more expensive, and no I don' t have to like it, and if I don' t stand up and say " what the hell, what about everybody else who can' t affor this" I' m being selfish and short sighted. Home Computers cost less today than they did 5 years ago, by A LOT. DVD players, cheaper, Tv' s cheaper, Home Appliances cheaper.

We abviously see things different, but we' re hijacking a thread, let' s just PM eachother from now on to continue talking if you want to, that way this can get back to revolution controller issues. (looks for hand shake smiley but cannot find it).
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 15:20
Obviously you' re not cathcing on and didn' t pay attention to anything I said so I just goignt to stop arguing with you. I have enough stuff to back up my statements. Saying compouters have gone down in price is true, but that' s outdated technology. the state of the art computers today cost the same as what those cheap computers cost when they were state of the art. Alienware always has a $5,000 computer. It' s not decreasing. Your arguement is flawed but you can stick with it if you want. I don' t really care. It' s just that the empty price complaints are getting annoying.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 15:44
You seem to have missed my PM box, it' s the little balloon above my gollum head.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 16:32
Finally damn, i' m not expecting anything big, hopefully it surprises me.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 17:31
Looks like It' s all going down at the TGS
I agree it' s about time, and it looks like it' s for sure happening at TGS, I' m pretty pumped.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 27 Aug 05 1:32:34 >
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 19:06
.. Is the cat fight over?? Can I stop ducking now??

I am very excited about Iwata' s TGS speech. It' s about time we hear some new info about Revolution. I can finally get away from Sony' s cancelling announcements and how Microsoft plans to rule the world.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 26, 2005 23:11
Man, I wish it would' ve been a cat fight. That would have at least insinuated there were possibly hot chicks involved. As it is it was just two dudes sittting in front of there computers, maybe with stained t-shirts on and pron downloading in the background.
Rampage99

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 06:43
I had Jessica Alba as my desktop while we were arguing so I consider that having a hot girl around
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
It' s true - Aug 27, 2005 17:28
People, let me just add to this, the news is 100% true, Iwata will reveal the controller at his TGS presentation. So now you know.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 18:06
Adam. You have gone out on a limb here! Myamoto was 100% going to give us matio 128 at E3!! Man I hope you are right, I can just see some joe at Nintendo start the whole " what if they steal our idea" conspiracy again, and Iwata simply shows a black outline of the controller as a ' hint' ! I' ll trust you on this one though, and start getting excited.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 28 Aug 05 2:06:41 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 18:34
INFIDEL! How Dare you remain doubtful! Repent now heathen!
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 18:58
I shall not repent. I shall instead remain hopefull that as I predicted it comes with a pine air freshener attatched.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 19:31
When is Tokyo game Show? Is Adam going to be there in person? Tokyo Game Show should be held at my house instead.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 19:34

When is Tokyo game Show? Is Adam going to be there in person? Tokyo Game Show should be held at my house instead.

hello?!...your house is to small.
Terry Bogard

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 19:44
I' ll be at the Tokyo Game Show in 2010 for sure!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 21:18

hello?!...your house is to small.

Dude, my basement is bigger than all of Japan.
Terry Bogard

RE: Nintendo to reveal the Revolution Controller next month? - Aug 27, 2005 21:24
The fact that his basement can hold 4 Xbox units is testament enough of that!!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 28 Aug 05 5:24:52 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread