Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I beat Halo2 on Legendary.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 04, 2005 19:12
The core game IS the single player. Halo had basically the perfect single player campaign. It had a great story and straight forward focus. You were Master Chief and you were made to kill Covies. It had excellent pacing, incredible level design, and the most enjoyable gameplay ever in a FPS.

Halo 2... why am I playing as the enemy? Why do the enemies no longer ressemble what they were in the orignal? Why do the Elites talk like they are in a classic play? Why am I being forced to care about what is going on with the Covies at all? WHY THE HELL AM I NOT MASTER CHIEF!!!

Sure, the vehicle hijacking was cool and the duel wielding was fun... but that was the only too additions I enjoyed. All those extra weapons were pretty pointless. In Halo you actually had a difficult time deciding what you wanted to pick up. In this one I basically stuck with the Covanent Carbine and a SMG all the time. There was really no need for anything else.

Halo was perfect. Bngie definately had a challenge to try and top it but the fell on their faces. It doesn' t even feel like it' s the same type of game. I was never pulled into the game. The first 3 levels were the only levels I enjoyed and even those weren' t all that special. Not one level in that game can touch the worst level in Halo.

the multiplayer in Halo was better as well. I do like Halo 2' s Live set up though.
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 04, 2005 19:42
How long to we have to argue about this game rampage?

in Halo 2 u play the enemy because ur trying 2 stop the tarturus from becoming the leader of the covenent or somethin like that.I may be the only 1 who thinks this the voice acting 4 the elietes is hilarious i love the fact they sound like that.I guess u have 2 worry about the covenent because............i have no idea.

Halo was so good because u diddnt c it coming it was a sleeper hit the 1st year it came out . H2 everybody knew about months before it came out & it had 2 contest with GTA:SA. So people werent as shocked as when Halo1 came out.
< Message edited by boss hogg -- 5 Aug 05 3:42:54 >
Rampage99

RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 04, 2005 20:00
I beg to differ with that last statement. Just because Halo was a sleeper hit didn' t make it a great game. The game itself was incredible. There has not been a week since I bought my Xbox and copy of Halo( I have two Halo copies now because I went out and the special addition green Halo Xbox. I' m a seriously hardcore fan. I' m going to save up to buy Nightmare Armor' s Master Chief Helmet soon.) that I haven' t played it. It has never gotten old, boring or outdated. I don' t know how many times I' ve gone through the campaign. I play the game more than Splinter Cell!

Halo 2, sure people saw it coming. That doesn' t mean anything. I was so excited for this game I stood in line for 6 hours to get my copy at midnight. I was inlove with the game before it came out. All it had to do was continue the Halo series with the same style and feel of the first game and it would have been perfect. they tried way to hard to completely reinvent the game. I' ve played though single player twice now. Once on Normal and once on Legendary. The single player was horrible compared to Halo. I actually went back to playing Halo as soon as I finished Legendary on Halo 2 just to get rid of the bad taste Halo 2 left me with.

Halo was so damn perfect! Gah! I' m gonna say it! GAH-cough-ARGH... Halo is better than Splinter Cell 3! AHHHHHHH! I said it! Ahh! Sweet Jesus! K... now that that is out of my system...

So anyway, Halo 2 just wasn' t all that great. Sure they over done hype basically ruined it from the start but it still wasn' t all that great with the hype put aside. It felt like a generic FPS.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 5 Aug 05 18:13:39 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 04, 2005 20:20

Halo was perfect.

But it lacked 16:9!

Let' s not forget the bugs that were in Halo 2 upon release that they had to PATCH via Xbox Live, like the HUD being partially off the screen in 480p mode. Also Halo 2 has poorer sound than Halo 1. Halo 2 has no discrete subwoofer. Did I mention that somewhere already? The sound designers of Halo 2 are poor.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 5 Aug 05 4:22:05 >
cpsethgt

• Total Posts : 57
. - Aug 04, 2005 20:45
<message edited by cpsethgt on Apr 30, 2012 05:34>
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 04, 2005 22:08
Boss Battles!! That' s what I hated!!! Ugh... it just didn' t feel right with those in there.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 05, 2005 05:16
I' m glad I' m not the only one who feels this way about Halo 2. I completely agree with all that has been said. There was only one thing they managed to keep pure about Halo series is the music. The music is wonderful in both of them.

I absolutely detest the reasoning behind making the covenant speak english. What the hell were Bungie thinking? Is English a universal language now? I would have much preferred it if they had kept Halo covenant language and subbed the whole damn story. How the heck can an elite even form english words? It has no jaw! I' m sorry Bungie but by doing this you just made the whole thing less believable. Elites seem like wussies now. Remember how in Halo they screamed at you in alien voices and laughed when they struck you down? That was awesome. It made them seem really badass and made you wary of them. I barely even noticed them in Halo 2. I was too busy blasting those annoying brutes.

When you have a game that switches you between characters every other level, it completely ruins any aspect of immersion, something that Halo did very well. I was Master Chief in the first Halo, but now in Halo 2, I' m just some guy controlling Master Chief, half of the time.

You hit the nail on the head there. That' s exactly what I thought was missing in Halo 2. The immersion. Not enough was done to make you empathise with the arbitor. So in the end I was wishing that the arbitor levels finished sooner. Why should I care what happens to this elite?

Boss battles were also an unnecessary addition of an annoying cliche' . A game doesn' t need bosses to be great.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 05, 2005 07:07
I bought it for the online play...it was good for awhile but it gets old. Not as much skill required as I would like. Plus the fact that you are basically limited to a handful of weapons to be effective. Return to Castle Wolfenstein' s online fights were an art form. You had to time grenades just right and play your class the right way. If you got good at it you could literally run through and kill everyone on the other team. Halo 2 tried to equal the playing field, but I believed they only made it to where any old nub can kill you if they spam the Sniper Rifle enough.

On Ghost Recon 2...get the game Ramp. I' d like to get back online with that game. It' s 100% better than Halo 2' s multiplayer. The levels are so fun to play. My favorite was the forest level where the grass is high and there' s all these shadows. I remember crawling around on the ground and the enemy team walked right over me. I then did my best performance of the movie Predator, which was pretty good considering that the other team freaked when they started dying.
Rampage99

RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 05, 2005 10:11

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne
Not enough was done to make you empathise with the arbitor. So in the end I was wishing that the arbitor levels finished sooner. Why should I care what happens to this elite?

Probably the best part of the game was watching myself die while playing as the aritor. I loved wathing him fall over lifeless. I cheered until I respawned. That' s when I' d charge in again hoping I' d die.

Anybody else think the Arbitor looked gay as hell? Seriously! He was wearing like freakin tin man armor. It looked like some WarCraft reject armor. All the other Elites looked badass! Those royal guard... PIMP. The arbitor just looked like utter sh*t. It was disgusting. That' s one of the worst character designs I' ve ever seen. EVER. God I hate the Arbitor.

Oh, Yosh, which copy of GR2 should I get? The original or the new one that just came out?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: I beat Halo2 on Legendary. - Aug 05, 2005 23:02
Wasn' t aware of a new copy...The only copy I have is the one I won from Kikizo, which I guess is the older version.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message