Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Last Samurai
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: The Last Samurai - May 05, 2004 03:35
How much did it cost?
I am considering to start a DVD collection and this would definatly have to be in there
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Last Samurai - May 05, 2004 04:03
I got it at BEST BUY for $19.99 US (excluding tax)
RavenShadow

RE: The Last Samurai - May 05, 2004 04:07
I suppose thats not TOO bad
Might go pick it up once I start getting paid
Mass X

RE: The Last Samurai - May 06, 2004 21:37
Ihadnt seen the movie prior to buying this DVD...it is one damn good movie...DAAAAAAAMN GOOD. I have yet to watch the special features tho. 2 disk set for normal priced DVD is all good to me
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The Last Samurai - May 07, 2004 04:39
That is not a bad price at all, especailly for what you are getting. MassX glad you liked it. It is always risky bying a movie without frist watching it.
RavenShadow

RE: The Last Samurai - May 07, 2004 16:37
I' m always hesitant when buying a movie because I wonder like, am I really going to watch it more than only a couple of times?
So it' s iffy sometimes
Mass X

RE: The Last Samurai - May 10, 2004 00:58
Im a big collector. I have one of the largest libraries of games and videos(DVD & VHS) youll ever see. A lotta foreign and independent film stuff tho. I have yet to watch all of them. So far Ive only come across 2 or 3 that i could consider bad buys
Big Juggalo

• Total Posts : 3
RE: The Last Samurai - May 10, 2004 18:26
HA! that movie is nonsene its just a hollywood samurai movie!. And hey think about it a white man as a samurai?.. NO WAY, old japanese samurai movies is much better.. Black and white peaple dosent fit to be a samurai its olny japanese peaple that is real samurais the other samurais is gaijins
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: The Last Samurai - May 26, 2004 03:42
Well as usual I got the DVD for free because im have connections to the industry. Now I can watch my free Rings DVD that I just got. Man I wish I would not have given away my Matrix Revolutions DVD before I realized it was Revolutions and not Reloaded. Oh well:)

Anyway, I thought The Last Samurai was a fairly good movie. I love this sorta stuff. I think that it was very symbolic. I highly recommend it.
< Message edited by spacepiston -- 5/26/2004 3:42:55 AM >
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: The Last Samurai - Jun 16, 2004 08:16
This is one of those Underrated movies. Maybe it isn' t, it was up for an oscar(or academy award, I don' t really watch the shows). Cruise obviously did his share of hard work for this movie. I know what everyone means when they say they left the theatre wanting to be a samurai.

Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: The Last Samurai - Jun 16, 2004 15:53
Good god people Cruise was appaling in this with his overzealous performance, the final scene almost made me throw up. Watabe was outstanding in this movie but it was only good enough, there have been far better samurai movies and is simply a western take on the genre...seriously though Cruise!? He really is quite poor in this!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message