Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Stupidest. Decision. Ever.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 27, 2005 08:15
Actually, the SNES was never " crushed" by the Genesis. Yes, Nintendo handicapped their own machine by equipping it with a barely adequate processor and insisting on " family-friendly" games, but the 256 colours on-screen and the hardware scaling chip made quite a big difference. Case in point, MK2 SNES vs MK2 Genesis. :-)
< Message edited by dismiss -- 27 Jun 05 16:16:19 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 27, 2005 09:49
good call dismiss, no way did the genesis crush the SNES. It was out earlier, but the quality of late gen SNES games over late gen genesis games isn' t even comparable.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 27, 2005 12:13
Oh they were definitely comparable. Games like Donkey Kong Country and its sequels (starring Reggie) were awful as sin. Granted Genesis had crap like Vectorman which made me queasy. That Gunstar Heroes, though. Pure awesomeness.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 27, 2005 13:44
You also have to take into account Sega stopped giving the Genesis full support once the Saturn came out. So it was like Nintendo had the 16-bit battlefield all do themselves once again.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 28, 2005 00:57
Don' t get me wrong, I absolutely adored stuff like Strider, Revenge of Shinobi, Gunstar Heroes and Legend of Thor on the Genesis (Megadrive over here). On the other hand, the SNES had the best version of SFII on the market, and stuff like Chronotrigger, Zelda, FF3, plus some rather good 3d games such as Starfox, Vortex
and a cute little version of Doom. Both machines had their strong suits, my point is that there was no " crushing" involved on either side.

Oops , I take it back. Towards the end of their lifecycle, both machines were " crushed" by a deluge of mediocre licensed platformers.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 28, 2005 06:49
i would comment on this, but alas, i did have a snes but i was too young to really take notice of how many colors it could display.
Joe Redifer

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 28, 2005 16:15
REALLY??!!!???!?!??!? I remember pausing each and every game on every new screen I got to just to count the colors. One, two, three, four, etc...
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 28, 2005 18:01
LOL!

Ok, THAT was funny. I like you Joe, you amuse me.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 28, 2005 20:20
Joe amused me from day 1
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 29, 2005 09:57
Joe Amuses me. And Carnie' s amuse me too.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 29, 2005 11:02
well i set it up!, joe is nothing without me anyway... good for nothing...
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 30, 2005 19:18
Sorry to bring us back on topic here, but I think the stupidest decision ever would be Nintendo bailing out on Sony after they asked them to make a cd drive for their console. Sony then enters the console world and systematically crushes Nintendo with the Playstation!!
Joe Redifer

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 30, 2005 22:40
I' ve always wondered how that would have turned out. Even if the SNES Playstation (yes, that' s what it would have ben called) would have been a failure worse than the Sega CD, would it have been worth it to get Sony out of the picture? Would Sony have just blamed Nintendo for the failure and come out with a Playstation 2 anyway (we' d be on the PS3 right now, and the PS3 would actually be the PS4 if all this had happened like I say)? Where does the TurboGrafx-16 fit into all of this? And would Sega have actually let Ancient have title screen credit for programming Sonic for the Game Gear (which they did)? Lots of questions remain unanswered.
JoeRediferIsCool

• Total Posts : 74
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jul 04, 2005 19:37
its a mystery.......no, a conspiracy........
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message