What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 24, messages 281 to 320 of 925
Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 07, 2005 20:43
Waiting: If youve seen National Lampoon' s Van Wilder, Ryan Renolds is in that character mode. I loved it altho its more of a DVD purchase or somthing you' d go see with a group of friends.

Beware of bush and brain...President Bush has a brain? LoL suuure, no no no I mean another type of bush and brain combo.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 07, 2005 21:21
Saw the UMD version of the Butterfly Effect last night.. It held my attention cause it was interesting, weird, interesting, and weird..
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 11, 2005 10:33
Butterfly Effect remains one of my all-time favorite movies...just so strange, yet compels one to continue watching.

It' s one of those movies that you think might just be able to happen, but then you think Nahh! Then you think...just maybe...
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Terry Bogard
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 11, 2005 11:30
The Butterfly Effect certainly had an interesting take on the whole time traveling concept. I don' t know whether this could be deemed a spoiler or not so what the hell:

*******SPOILERZ??**********************************

The movie kind of took me by surprise a little. I was always of the belief that that movie was about some kind of time traveling, but imagine my surprise when there wasn' t a Time machine to be found anywhere in the movie.

**********************end SPOILERSz???*************************

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 11, 2005 13:07
I saw Waitng... and Corpse Bride. Waiting was freaking hilarious! the Corpse Bride on the other hand was a dissapointment. It was a decent movie but definately not as good as expected.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

DaRoosh65
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 12, 2005 07:48
Plan to pick up Curious George, Fairly Godparents, Dora the Explorer, and Spongebob vids this week.

These are for my kids, but I enjoy watching Spongebob and Fairly Godparents...I' m such a big kid at heart...

Boss Hogg
  • Total Posts : 299
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 13, 2005 13:48

These are for my kids, but I enjoy watching Spongebob and Fairly Godparents

Hey there' s nothing wrong with watching spongebob and the fairly oddparents those shows are hilarious.

Anyway I saw Serenity today it was a pretty good movie.the story was a little hard to understand but I got the gist of it.It was funny and it had action(the fight scences were awsome).Definatley one of the most underrated movies of the year next to The Island.

Rampage99
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 13, 2005 23:27
I saw Waiting again.

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 14, 2005 17:54
DOMINO: First off Tony Scott kicks ass! 2ndly Breasts! Anyways this movie was very very very very good. Go see it and enjoy!

Terry Bogard
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 14, 2005 21:13
Finished watching The Punisher umd today and really liked it.

Next up is American Wedding. Picked up the umd today, watched the first 20 minutes, funny stuff.

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 15, 2005 01:51
HIGH TENSION: Wow what a twisted good movie. The makings of a horror classic. If you' re into the horror flicks and dont mind a messed gore-fest I highly recomend seeing this. A horror movie with an awsome story altho not %100 origional it still had its own style and flavour. Of course you can settle for the rated version but come on its a horror movie you need to go no holds barred with it and pick up the Unrated.

next movie up Unleashed.

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 15, 2005 20:18
UNLEASHED and an extra bit on the High Tension DVD: One of my favorites from Jet Li. A mix of Martial Arts/Street Brawling action with a decent enough touching story. A few things to note:
-The ' Thugs' look like they came straight from the 80' s-90' s punk scene and doesnt really fit in the movie to well.
-The main bad guy Is friggin super-human
-Police don' t exist and ppl seem to just roam around beating eachother senceless

I have the unrated version and never saw it in theatres so I dont know what the difference is. The DVD layout confused me a bit tho cause well theres the Unrated version or the Extended version to choose from...it doesnt say what the difference is anywhere so ima have to watch them both I guess.

This is the same problem with High Tensions unrated DVD. You got the U.S. Unrated Version, Origional French Director' s cut and the U.S. Dubbed version of that one I guess but it doesnt really say...so again Im just gonna have to go thru them all. Luckily the' re good movies.

Rampage99
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 16, 2005 17:48
I saw Waiting for my third time.

" Welcome to Thunderdome, b*tch!"

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 16, 2005 19:25
TNA: Phenomenal-The Best of AJ Styles: Just a breif bit abotu NWA-TNA first. Its well known for its more agile and high flying fighters (but not entirely). It used to just be a PPV only series, but will now replace WWE Raw on whatever channel that was on. Its roster holds some wrestlers from various other shows: Jeff Hardy, Sabu, Rhyno, The Dudly Boyz, Jeff Jarret, X-Pac, Jerry Lynn, D-Lo Brown (a mix-match of good and bad I guess). Along with its own origional players.

This DVD is has " The Best of AJ Styles" (duh) a wrestler who is very innovative and very hardcore at times. The matches tend to be quite long but very entertaining. It has quite a variety of matches as well: Cage, No DQ, Ladder, Pinfall Anywhere, 3-way, and Tag Matches.

These matches definatly show that TNA sticks to its name Total Non-Stop Wrestling.

A good wrestling DVD for those who love acrobatics.

Well then let' s see whats next...The Fly. You know if I actually knew how to write well I could take up being a movie critic, seems like all I do is pick up movies or head to the theatres...

< Message edited by Mass X -- 17 Oct 05 3:29:00 >

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 16, 2005 19:33
A quick update about the DOMINO movie...ingore those tastless bastards the movie kicks ass especially if you enjoyed Man On Fire. Sure its like being on a drug trip and all at times gets a bit crazy, but at least its somthing different and keeps you going. Tony Scott probably does drugs but the styles he' s used in Man on Fire and Domino is just cool to me for some reason.

..Anyways at least it got on the top 10 in the weekend Box office...still it didnt do to well with sales and critics...BOOOOOOO
< Message edited by Mass X -- 17 Oct 05 3:34:33 >

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 17, 2005 20:31
The Pacifier - Vin was great. The movie was hilarious!

Terry Bogard
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 17, 2005 20:46

TNA: Phenomenal-The Best of AJ Styles: Just a breif bit abotu NWA-TNA first.

They NEED to release a UMD version of this darnit, I love TNA- NWA... I was bummed after I moved and my PPV channels didn' t pick it up anymore. Fortunately now that it' s on Spike TV late Saturday nights, all is well!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 18 Oct 05 4:46:53 >

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 18, 2005 10:44
Gladiator Extended Edition:
Disc 1: Wide-screen Extended Edition (movie was good so no need to explain that stuff) Havent listened to the commentary by Russel Crowe and Ridley Scott

Disc 2: 3hr 20 Minute In depth documentary of the movie detailing pretty much everything. Pretty good from what I watched so far.

Disc 3: Havent gotten to this one yet - Deleted scenes varios images stuff like that.

--Basically if you liked the movie and enjoy extra stuff like the above mentioned its a pretty nice DVD to have.

The Warriors Ultimate Director' s Cut: This would be the first time I' ve seen it so I have no history with the movie prior. Pretty entertaining very little extra content, 4 featurettes and an Introduction from the director. I havent actually watched the featurettes so i dunno if they are any good.

A cool addition that I assume wasnt in the original are the extra scene transitions. Stead of just jumping to another scene it does a sort of comic book layout and coloring thing, that works nicelt with the movie.

Maybe if I feel compelled to do so I' ll go over all the extras from both DVD' s

L.A. Confidential: Love this movie, but its been awhile since I last saw it. Long enough for me to realize now that the guy from Memento is in this flick...anyhow great movie. Again I havent watched the extras yet, so whenever I find time between other movies I' ll get around to some of these.

This is somwhat of a noir style movie. Great story, well made, great cast (Russel Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Guy (...from Memento), Kim Basinger(sp?), Danny Devito).

Hmm looking over all my thoughts on the DVD' s ive watched I dont think I ever mentioned much on the extra' s.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 31 Oct 05 8:23:00 >

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 18, 2005 16:54
Yup I GOTZ moooooore movies! Why else would I be in a financial bind???

SAW:Unrated edition: Will update this post when I get to the movie :P

Batman Begins: Deluxe Edtion: No commentary but a good amount of extras on the goings on with the movie. The movie itself a great start to the re-envisioned Batman, get the movie and enjoy.

Land of the Dead: Unrated: A bit gorier version little extra footage, not my favorite zombie flick. Rent if its not yer genre, buy if you like the genre . Nice extras tho.

The Mask of Zorro: Prepping up for the upcoming Legend of Zorro, by updating my no longer used VHS version. I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. I suggest picking it up at least renting it prior to the release of ' The Legend of Zorro' out at the end of this month (OCT.).
< Message edited by Mass X -- 19 Oct 05 1:12:49 >

DaRoosh65
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 19, 2005 09:34
This weekend (10/22&23/05), I plan to see Doom and one other ' as yet undetermined' movie.

Terry Bogard
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 19, 2005 10:34

I plan to see Doom and one other ' as yet undetermined' movie.

Sounds like someone' s gonna ' theatre-hop' to see the other movie for free

Snowman99
  • Total Posts : 77
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 19, 2005 18:45
I saw true lies for the 5th time

DaRoosh65
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 21, 2005 06:41

quote:

I plan to see Doom and one other ' as yet undetermined' movie.

Sounds like someone' s gonna ' theatre-hop' to see the other movie for free

That would be nice, but I am going to the movies on both Saturday and Sunday - Doom 3 was the movie chosen for Sunday, and I haven' t decided what movie I will see with my two boys on Saturday (daughter is going to the movies with a friend and mom for her b-day, and there' s a chance she will pick a chick-flick...blahhh!)

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 21, 2005 13:58
I recently rented Lords of Dog Town. I liked this movie a lot even though it wasn' t exactly what I expected. I didn' t expect Heath Ledgers character to be what it was, but he was awsome in it.

Sharon
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 21, 2005 20:13
I watched The One with Jet Li and thought it was pretty darn good. Interesting concept.

Sharon
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 23, 2005 08:31
Neverland - Great movie. Definitely a family flick.

Rampage99
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 23, 2005 20:56
Doom

DaRoosh65
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 24, 2005 09:07
Well, my weekend of movie-going did not go as expected...

Seems that kids under 5 cannot go into PG-13 (and above) rated movies after 6 p.m. (or something like that).

With this in mind, my 3 year old son did not qualify to see Doom (appears to be my daughter' s first choice in movies - she likes The Rock).

Soooooo...we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - a nice surprise of a remade movie! That Johnny Depp is one delightfully awesome eccentric!!!

On Sunday, the little woman and I had the chance to see Doom, but my loving sig other decided not to upset our daughter by seeing it before my daughter did.

Soooooo...we went to see The Fog. A combination mystery, horror, and drama all wrapped into one decent (but mostly predictable) movie.

Rampage99
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 24, 2005 09:52
they pulled that crap with my little brother too. We went to see T3 when my brother was around 3 and the theater didn' t want him to go. Pssh... my brother had already seen the first two Terminators and the third was the least gory/violent out of the three. My dad basically told them my brother was going in whether they wanted him to or not. We got it, my brother watched it, he didn' t get scared once.If a parent is there the theater has no right to say if a child can see a movie or not.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 25, 2005 04:53

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

they pulled that crap with my little brother too. We went to see T3 when my brother was around 3 and the theater didn' t want him to go. Pssh... my brother had already seen the first two Terminators and the third was the least gory/violent out of the three. My dad basically told them my brother was going in whether they wanted him to or not. We got it, my brother watched it, he didn' t get scared once.If a parent is there the theater has no right to say if a child can see a movie or not.

I think the main problem that the theaters are trying to avoid by not letting kids go in after a certain time, is that some people can' t control their off-spring! With well behaved kids, and decent parenting there shouldn' t be a problem. But we' ve all been there when some poor excuse of a parent lets their damn kids run wild in the theater; kicking seats, being loud, and the like. I think it' s good that theaters have a time when people aren' t allowed to take children into the theaters. It gives adults a chance to enjoy a movie without the threat of little ankle-biters ruining it.

Of course, then there are the inconsiderate " adults" (if you can call them that!) Too bad there' s no way to weed them out!

Rampage99
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 25, 2005 05:22
Good point.

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 25, 2005 11:33
Requiem For A Dream: A good movie if you don' t mind being depressed for a bit afterwords.

DaRoosh65
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 28, 2005 06:37
Eight Legged Freaks - just watched it...and I have a fear of spiders!

But, it didn' t really bother me all that much...(OK, maybe a little)

Terry Bogard
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 28, 2005 09:44
Good points indeed Chee Saw, I especially LOVE the idiots that roll a stroller into a theatre. The baby' s asleep but what on Earth, Venus, and Mars makes them think that the baby is gonna remain asleep throughout the entire movie? I' ve seen something like that 3 times and the babies always woke up at the halfway point of the movie crying their eyes out.. Only one of the three people showed some consideration and left the theatre until they could calm the baby down.

I don' t care how badly I wanna see a new movie release in theatres, If I' m babysitting that night, I' m staying home and making it a BLOCKBUSTER night by renting a bunch of movies.

Rampage99
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 28, 2005 20:03
Saw II

Freaking insane movie. I' m scared sh*tless by any horror movie but this one had such a deep and twisted plot I wasn' t scared for a second. I was just entrencehed in the f-ing amazing story.

Sharon
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 29, 2005 08:22
Taxi - for the most part, BORING!

Snowman99
  • Total Posts : 77
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 30, 2005 13:08
I just rented scarface for the 5th time that movie is awsome

Mass X
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Oct 30, 2005 13:49
Saw II: Aww good ol indy horror thriller movie.

The Legend of Zorro: Not quite as good as The Mask of Zorro. But still very entertaining and fun to watch.

Sharon
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 05, 2005 10:45
Open Water - Okay for a low budget movie. It had its moments.
Wicker Park - BORING!!
Sahara - Love Clive' s books about Dirk Pitt, but the movie was lacking everything.
< Message edited by Sharon -- 5 Nov 05 18:46:48 >

Terry Bogard
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Nov 05, 2005 21:05

Taxi - for the most part, BORING!

Just like the game! Or is that Taxi driver (the game)?
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6 Nov 05 5:06:19 >

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 24, messages 281 to 320 of 925