Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii Software Rant
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 69 of 69
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 04, 2007 01:54

It' s time we face facts, Wii is junk.

No, support for the Wii is junk. The Wii as a piece of hardware is actually quite stable.

Now I' m not saying the hardware is anything more than underwhelming, I was just as upset when I heard the real specs as you were. But thinking about it, I' d probably have a better time with a working, if only mildly entertaining Wii than my busted Xbox 360.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 04, 2007 02:43

than my busted Xbox 360.

Speaking of which, Hows it going?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 04, 2007 03:59
Nothing happens until Friday. I get my paycheck, cash it on Thursday, wait for it to clear, & then I go out & begin to buy parts to begin to fix my 360.

Needless to say, it' s going to be a while.

I' m in no rush though, as long as I' ve got it up & running again by the time Call of Duty: Modern Warfare comes out, I' ll be a happy man.

I' ve actually been playing through SSX Tricky again. It' s amazing the number of PS2 games I' ve got, now that I' m actively looking for something to play.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 07, 2007 17:14

No, support for the Wii is junk. The Wii as a piece of hardware is actually quite stable.

No one is talking about the stability of the Wii, I' m talking about Gimp as a platform.

" Support for the Wii is junk" and the " hardware is underwhelming" . Thus the Wii is junk.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 07, 2007 19:18
My Wii is used on a daily bases 2 player-wise IE Mario Strikers, Wii Sports, Wario Ware, VC 2player games ECT..

but im still even for 1 player experiences im doing ALOT:

-Playing through Zelda for the second time
-About a quarter away through REs4
-On the Later stages of Excite Truck
-Playing though Truma Centre: Second Opinion.
-Just opened Mario Strikers (What an excellent game)
-Playing through VC F-zero 64
-Playing through VC Legend of Zelda (Snes)
-Playing through VC Super contra III (Snes)
-Playing through VC Dragons Curse (PCE)

Still, a few more titles i need to buy (some not out yet IE Paper mario)..

Thats all i need at the moment (especially with the tons of DS games ive been playing, too much), Paper mario will be out next month then we should see the likes of Metriod, Mario Galaxies, Nights, No more Heros, Forever Blue, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (new trailer looks excellent), Harvest Moon Heroes, Project treasure ETC.

It' s all good from my view.

Edit:

Now when i think about my PS3....

Erm...

All im playing is Blueray movies and Virtua fighter 5..!! (and that will change once i get the 360 version C)
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 7 Jul 07 11:23:05 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 07, 2007 23:02

Just opened Mario Strikers (What an excellent game)

Now when i think about my PS3....

Erm...

All im playing is Blueray movies and Virtua fighter 5..!! (and that will change once i get the 360 version C)

So then Ninja Gaiden, Motorstorm, Resistance, Flow, Rainbow Six, DiRT, The Darkness, Oblivion, Fight Night & Fear just don' t tickle your fancy?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 07, 2007 23:22

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

So then Ninja Gaiden, Motorstorm, Resistance, Flow, Rainbow Six, DiRT, The Darkness, Oblivion, Fight Night & Fear just don' t tickle your fancy?

Ninja Gaiden 2 > Sigma
Forza 2 > Motorstorm
Gears > Resistance
Geometry Wars > Flow
The rest are multiplatform.
I think everyone thinking of getting a PS3 should wait...
...and get a PSP instead
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 08, 2007 01:12

NG Stigma - IVe played the xbox Original to death, not gonna shell out £50 for what is essentially the same game with minimal extras.

Motorstorm was decent for the first few days then i realised that having no Rumble makes all the difference and takes away from what the game is supposed to offer in the first place.Anyway i still play the hell out of Excite truck, the impeccable ' MK DS' and excellent ' Forza 2' .

Resistance - You kidding me? with all the FPS i culd buy for my PC (or 360) why would i want to spend money on crappy resistance?

Dirt - didnt like the two demos ive played one bit (PC, 360) and would rather them versions if i did.

Oblivion, Fight Night - Ive played through the 360 originals last year.

Flow - If i was interseted i would just play the free flash original, which i did for 10 seconds and didnt want to again. Not exactly GW.

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 7 Jul 07 17:23:20 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Wii Software Rant - Jul 09, 2007 01:30

Just opened Mario Strikers (What an excellent game)

Mario Strikers is actually quite addictive and fun. I keep getting absolutely raped online though.

I can' t see too many great PS3 exclusives coming out until about a year either. The only game I genuinely want for the console, without following the hype of others, is Kingdom Hearts 3 (and maybe Heavely Sword), which isn' t going to be released for years. I still plan on finishing the other Final Fantasys before I will even think about FF13, and I haven' t played much of Metal Gear Solid yet.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 69 of 69

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message