Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 XBOX 2 (couldn' t find the other thread)
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
XBOX 2 (couldn' t find the other thread) - Apr 05, 2005 22:04
i remember there being a thread about this where specs were talked about and the general consensus on the name was the XBOX 360. i don' t remember when that news was released, but i just read this, which gives alot of info and claims a name like XBOX Xenon...... (if i am outdated, delete this thread adam).

http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=247&Itemid=52
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: XBOX 2 (couldn' t find the other thread) - Apr 05, 2005 22:25
That was in a thread called GAME NEWS I think. I have heard that Xbox 360 is not going to be the real name of the console, thankfully.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: XBOX 2 (couldn' t find the other thread) - Apr 05, 2005 22:51
this is the part that kinda gets me:
all games developed for Xenon will be required to take advantage of multiplayer gaming on the Xbox Live service (Will it still be called Xbox Live?) Microsoft wants to create a whole online marketplace where developers can sell updates and provide content either free or for a small fee.
< Message edited by the.ben -- 6 Apr 05 6:51:22 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: XBOX 2 (couldn' t find the other thread) - Apr 06, 2005 09:25

this is the part that kinda gets me:
all games developed for Xenon will be required to take advantage of multiplayer gaming on the Xbox Live service (Will it still be called Xbox Live?) Microsoft wants to create a whole online marketplace where developers can sell updates and provide content either free or for a small fee.

Yeah, that' s in the " how the industry plans to screw us all" thread from a while back too. Just curious, how much is x-box live per month right now?? I know the start up kit is like 70 bucks, so if you' re paying like 5-10 bucks a month fees, plus the price of the game, simply to buy halo 2 and play it online for 1 year would be like over 200 bucks canadian!!! I know it would get cheaper if you played other games online as well, but geesh, this is getting a wee bit expensive!
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: XBOX 2 (couldn' t find the other thread) - Apr 06, 2005 09:57
" developers can sell updates and provide content either free or for a small fee."

we' ll also be paying more for new updates and maps that everyone is playing
and on top of that a HDTV to make it all worth while (we dont even have them in the UK yet)
Next gen gaming gaming is going to cost a lot
Xbox is probably going to be expensive at launch too, we all consoles are.
I better start saving now
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: XBOX 2 (couldn' t find the other thread) - Apr 06, 2005 10:34
I pay $50 a year for Live, the startup kit came with the headset and demo disk didnt it (reason for the extra $20)?

And by the mandatory Xbox Live stuff I think they referring to the bare minimum (Live Aware) or that thing that keeps track of games you play and how often, for your Gamertag ID/Profile thing. The fees dont seem like anything new, its not like they gonna charge you the price of an entire game just to play a new map or nething. Besides didnt they say their may be the option for users to charge on their user created things? Still not a mandatory so I dont think they' ll be screwing the people as much as ppl are assuming they gonna...

Microsoft charges for there things but eventually gives them out for free, Ubisoft always seems to hand out free stuff...it' ll all depend on the company so Im not too worried about that.

I may be reading this all wrong so I dunno.
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: XBOX 2 (couldn' t find the other thread) - Apr 06, 2005 13:20
Heh, maybe a little but of an overreaction.
But when it comes to Microsoft and money its too hard not to get wrapped up in the cloud of negativity.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll