Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 28, 2006 23:50
Seriously i would just wait untill we have these games /the Wii in our homes..
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 00:04
Or untill we get kiosks in stores (I hope).
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 01:41
Considering the Wii' s low price, I' d find it worth buying just for the virtual console/GCN backwards compatibility. It' s kinda small so it would be like buying a Gamecube LITE.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 28 Aug 06 17:49:27 >
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 01:55
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 03:46

ORIGINAL: JalleNalle

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/849/849911/img_3858859.aspx

Damn, that' s ugly.

True. It has an impressive draw distance though.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 05:27
yeah and it looks great in motion (it has cool explosions) - there are nice movies on IGN.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 05:46
It looks nice, but I was expecting a bit more out of everyone else. Nintendo' s first party titles look nice, but others seem to be missing something. Yeah, I know it' s not a brilliant time to judge, seeing as nintendo has most likely had more time to develop with it with it than 3rd parties, but i thought it would really be shining by now.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 09:04
Wii id going to get one of the ' resi4' titles that will show off its graphical power, I also believe Nintendo are holding back, Super Mario Galaxy looks quite nice, I heard the machine even support shader model? and a cut down version of the unreal engine 3?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 10:20
I wonder how much proccesing power is reserved for the wiimote.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 17:31
UE3 story turned uot to be a false rumor.

Here' s what IGN has to say :

Not the Super Spiffy Version
It seems that the latest Red Steel videos we posted have caused a small explosion of chatter on the message boards -- some people arguing that they look pretty good and others declaring war against Ubisoft.

The good folks at Ubi contacted me today to clarify a few things, namely that the videos in question do not represent the game as it really exists today. Apparently there are mechanical and graphical advancements not shown in the GC 2006 build, which is more or less an updated version of the E3 demo; it even showcases the same level.

Ubisoft staff have at one point or another spotlighted a new darker look for the game (in screenshots) and chatted briefly about improved gunplay and swordplay fundamentals. There' s even some word going around about a 1:1 control method for sword fights, which is at this point still just hearsay, as far as I' m concerned.

So when might we see this new, better build in motion? Well, there' s this big event coming up. You may have read something about it already on my blog. And at this event, there will be a crapload of Wii titles, including a truly updated version of Red Steel.

Rest assured that when I get my hands-on a more complete version, I' ll let you know exactly how it plays and looks. But until then, let' s try to reserve judgment on the game. After all, we have only seen a few snippets from a single level -- apparently running on an old build.

On a totally unrelated note, Activision called earlier to let me know that pro-scan and 16:9 are still being considered for Tony Hawk' s Downhill Jam, so there' s still hope. Write some angry letters and you' ll probably get it.

http://blogs.ign.com/matt-ign

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 29 Aug 06 10:16:32 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 29, 2006 18:42

ORIGINAL: JalleNalle

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/849/849911/img_3858859.aspx

Damn, that' s ugly.

It' s battalion wars, the original wasn' t exactly mind blowing either.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 30, 2006 10:17
Thank goodness if its true, the latest vids i saw at ign were not much different to what we saw at E3 2006 ie nothing to get too excited about.

BTW They better make it 1:1 controller translation or i would be disappointed. Also they need to tighten up the gun aiming mechanism as it didn' t seem as precise (compared to a mouse and keyboard, but more precise then a Standard Console Controller) as i' d hope. But they still have time to polish it up come launch day.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Aug 30, 2006 10:30

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

The PS2 can do 1080i. The Wii cannot. The PS2 anal rapes the Wii. Yes, the freakin' PS2!

It' s fake 1080i, even progressive scan on ps2 is fake.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Sep 04, 2006 22:16
Damn those baby seals!
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Sep 05, 2006 04:17
I believe the problem with the aiming mechanism is the fact that they insist on having you reach the edge of the screen to strafe, which leads to some awkward and very slow turning (ie: you get your head blown off). If they could just keep the reticle center-screen like in every other FPS, I am convinced it would work a lot better. Also, yes it' s twitchy, but that can easily be fixed with some minor calibration.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Sep 05, 2006 07:07

gotta hate them baby seals.

I believe the problem with the aiming mechanism is the fact that they insist on having you reach the edge of the screen to strafe, which leads to some awkward and very slow turning (ie: you get your head blown off). If they could just keep the reticle center-screen like in every other FPS, I am convinced it would work a lot better. Also, yes it' s twitchy, but that can easily be fixed with some minor calibration.

I agree, if there' s an enemy offscreen, and you need to turn to get him. You' re going to need to overshoot him by a half-a-screen, and then move back to shoot him. That' s gonna be frustrating.
In my uneducated opinion, (never touched a real Wiimote), I agree with you on the center-screen reticle. And yeah it' d be twitchy, but it' d eliminate the need for breathing motion when looking down ironsights or a scope.
Which reminds me. If CoD:thwii is going to have the same basic moving reticle design. How are you going to look down the sights? Just food for thought.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Sep 05, 2006 09:50

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Which reminds me. If CoD:thwii is going to have the same basic moving reticle design. How are you going to look down the sights? Just food for thought.

Well if the made a gun attachment that the wiimote slots into which has its own sights then problem solved! This is what i' m hoping for. But i guess they would have to assume not everyone has the attachment so its not a realistic option.

BTW i hope the pointing interface for the Wiimote is tightemed up and offer similar interface as a mouse in FPS. Then it would be perfect.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Sep 05, 2006 18:24
that' s what I' m waitnig for.The problem is - what if you lower your hand from previous position? They need to think of some ways to ignore certain moves.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wii games will have crappy visuals and it has nothing to do with it' s hardware. - Sep 05, 2006 18:26
problem with wii is that Nintendo claim you can only understand wii when you play it.
Basically you have to try it yourself before buying it...

where is a wii ?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread