Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why FF13 never came to xbox360
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 56
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 08:27

Do not be fooled by my avatar i' m normal.

...sure....
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 08:30
hehe

back to ON THE SPOT LIVE!!!

The yshow half life.episode 1 now.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 09:15
Watch, once someone debunks their PS3 shader excuse and proves that the 360 is just as capable in that department, Toriyama and co. will reach into their asses and pull out another stinker of an excuse like: " err, We decided on PlayStation 3 because it can output video signals at 1080p" . And when asked if Final Fantasy 13 takes advantage of 1080p, his answer will be, " No it does not."

This is classic Square (Enix to a lesser extent). Rather than come out and say that Sony would be REALLY pissed off with them, they' re going to pull every lame excuse from their collective asses instead.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 12:52
It' s almost as if, sony ownes 20% of squeenix?
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 17:54
I think Kikizo should invent a FAMILIARS day where we all pretend to be
FAMILIARS.... agreed?
sannin

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 20:28
toryama said that because nvidia rsx+ CELL ( cpu +graphic too) = monster graphic
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 20:31

toryama said that because nvidia rsx+ CELL ( cpu +graphic too) = monster graphic

thats given, since its a next gen console!
QuezcatoL

RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 20:32
ATI' made a better GPU then Nvidia.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 22:40
Willpeople ever stop comparing graphics? It' s not like there will be a huge differance anyway. The differance in graphics between the PS2/Xbox in general was huge. And still those two consoles gave pretty much the same experiences.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 02, 2006 22:48

Compared to the ps2, yes..Compared to the xbox 360...No.
cardmasterpro

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 01:11
For some strange reason I feel like playing FFIX. Its a good thing I have money and my PS1. Was FFIX good or ok or very good or should I not waste my money?
< Message edited by cardmasterpro -- 2 Jun 06 17:12:04 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 01:37
weird i had the same feeling this morning , replaying the game, my last impression was that it' s a very good old-school rpg, however FOR ME , it' s not better than 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th...
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 05:22
Sometimes I think it’s weird how none seem to complain when Microsoft is buying up studios and actually praise it as a good move, but when Sony keeps a loyal company by their side it’s the act of the devil.
QuezcatoL

RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 07:27
I think its because bungie or rare doesnt come up with BS about ps3.
They rather dev.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 08:23

Sometimes I think it’s weird how none seem to complain when Microsoft is buying up studios and actually praise it as a good move, but when Sony keeps a loyal company by their side it’s the act of the devil.

Square has often times expressed interest in venturing out, which often-times seemed to be followed by some Sony maneuvering to delay the inevitable and/or Square backing down a bit from what they said prior. That' s not the act of a loyal company, that' s the act of a company without a backbone and are afraid of rocking the boat.

When Namco had first announced Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast not long afterwards it was reported that Sony and Namco had a somewhat nasty blow-out because of it. Namco still released Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast but regardless of the game' s success the strength of their support quickly dissipated as they released nothing but filler crap on the Dreamcast afterwards.

Companies like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo should realize that 3rd party developers are Just THAT, and that third-party developers are free to develop games for other platforms, so I REALLY hate it when companies maneuver to keep them all to themselves.

As far as I know Nintendo was the first big game company BLATANTLY guilty of such maneuverings with their 3rd party lock-out contract that was public knowledge back then. I hated Nintendo for a long time because of it, they made it almost impossible for any other company (Sega,etc.) to compete against them during the 8-bit era since their competing platforms wouldn' t get any support from any of the 3rd parties signed up with Nintendo.
QuezcatoL

RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 08:26
Terry,table tennis for xbox360 is better then 8.5 :P
change that score over at your site now!!!

:P SP=87 with XBL =91
Xmog_Death_of_Birth

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 10:41
The only reason why SQUARE-ENIX doesn' t release the main series in Xbox 360, despite the Xbox producing very similar results to those of the PS3, is simply because Sony OWNS Square-Enix. Square doesn' t bend if Sony doesn' t give him permission, and does when requested. Sony has exclusivity rights for the main Final Fantasy series, reason for the making of the Game Designers Studio in a " joint" effort between Nintendo and Square-Enix (using the Q Fund) to manage to make the sweet-and-sour SPIN-OFF of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. As for FFXI being release on Xbox, remeber that that is an MMORPG fits more in the spin-off category than a main series. Because Sony OWNS Square-Enix, you can make sure that PS3 will spearhead Blu-Ray easily, because those Japs swarm around Square-Enix like honeybees upon delicious nectar.

If Sony weren' t to OWN SQUENIX, and their mayor franchises releasing on other plataforms (be it exclusive on 360/Wii), them consoles would sell like hotcakes. Kingdom Hearts 3=could equal 3 million games sold, 3 million consoles, and Heavens Forbids... just remember the selling power of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 12:36
You know, if the cut-scenes and such for FFXIII won' t fit on a regular DVD, that' s fine. It SHOULD be on Blu-ray, if they don' t want to release a multiple-disc game. Trust me, if they wanted it on the 360, they' d split it into 2 discs. It' s not that big a deal for gamers. Like Terry said, they just want to excuse themselves from the 360 party with a lame excuse.

And about the shaders; are you kidding?! Another lame one! So, how many games were ported from the Xbox to the PS2?

You want a game to be multi-platform, you make it multi-platform. You don' t? Then don' t! But don' t give us excuses.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 16:45
Well I think that FFXlll will be suited best for PS3 since it' s already a PS3 exclusive, Square-Enix relation to Sony is a great bond, thats what keep the two company strong, ever since Square-Soft dissmissed themself from Nintendo back when FFVll was under development and the title itself was a project for the N64, Square left Nintendo and start a whole new venture with Sony, what I' m trying to say is that, it' s better for Square to continue the FF chapter and keep them exclusive to Sony, why because Playstation is a better console of choice for 3rd party developer.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Why FF13 never came to xbox360 - Jun 03, 2006 17:06

Like Terry said, they just want to excuse themselves from the 360 party with a lame excuse.

Don’t all, when they have a big name in ready kick their arse? I never intended to defend the actual concept about exclusives (it’s certainly good for the companies which is why I understand their moves, but it’s not pleasing as a consumer) and as there doesn’t seem to be all that big of a difference in between 360 and PS3 I could easily see them making it for both consoles (Wii will have to excuse me). But what I simply meant to say was that of course they will defend the platform they are on, and say things like “we wanted to do this awesome… which is why we choose the PS3” or “we have a highly advanced… and that is why we could think of no better way to do it except with the Xbox 360”. And that is why I cannot see why only Square and Sony should deserve so much trash talk, when I myself were rather annoyed with Microsoft back when Halo were still a PC game and then got bought by MS, saying it would be X exclusive and so I thought I wouldn’t see the lights of it… but then I bought myself a Xbox… And then they released for PC. They all bullshit and they all want your money. Rare was bought, Lionhead as well. So why, Why, WHY only Square and Sony?

BTW: Please know that I am no ones fanboy, I’m just a curious little elf…

Oh! Cheese Doodles!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 56

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread