Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 When Sony' s disapointing British gamers MS provides the goods
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
When Sony' s disapointing British gamers MS provides the goods - Nov 23, 2006 10:43
http://onthexbox.com/news737.aspx

Premium 360 bundle with COD3

Premium 360 bundle with WWE SmackDown Vs. RAW 2007

Premium 360 bundle with Gears of War!

November 24th*

*the link states 2007 but that doesn' t make sense, most likely its 2006
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: When Sony' s disapointing British gamers MS provides the goods - Nov 23, 2006 17:03
GAME (formally Electronics Boutique/ebGames) currently have:

• Premium console + 2nd wireless pad + Gears of War + Splinter Cell: Double Agent

• Premium console + 2nd wireless pad + Gears of War + Call of Duty 3

• Premium console + 2nd wireless pad + Gears of War + Tony Hawks Project 8

• Premium console + 2nd wireless pad + Gears of War + Smackdown vs Raw 2007

• Premium console + 2nd wireless pad + PES 6 + 1200 Microsoft points

• Premium console + Fifa 2007 + Just Cause

...all instore for around £300.

Pretty mcuh all 360 games have dropped back down to last gens price point. Microsoft are also pushing their platinum-esque range. I' ve seen PDZ, PGR3, RR6, N3, DoA4, Oblivion, GRAW etc all for £15-20, and games like Just Cause, Saints Row, Prey, FEAR, Dead Rising etc for £29.99.

Gamestation on the other hand are offering:

• Premium console + Gears of war + PES 6

...for £289.99 - which people are going mad over. We sold 14 yesterday, and most of those also bought Need for Speed: Carbon too.

Guns, football and tuned cars...

Wii isn' t looking so good, although pre-orders have been brisk. The launch lineup isn' t much and Gamecube wasn' t very popular here (well, it was for it' s first two years). DS/Lite seems to have worked wonders for them so i still expect massive Wii sellouts here, but in the UK Microsoft is going to do very well this holiday.
  • Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
    RE: When Sony' s disapointing British gamers MS provides the goods - Nov 23, 2006 20:56
    A good move from Microsoft and one that is sure to shift a few units come Christmas time.

If I didn' t already have a 360 in my possession, I' d almost certainly be picking one of these baby' s up.
    Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
    RE: When Sony' s disapointing British gamers MS provides the goods - Nov 24, 2006 07:06
    I just did the currency conversion and in Canada, that' s a steal. Those are incredible deals.

From what I understand there is a high degree of brand loyalty for SONY in GB will this create converts? I gotta admit I' ve written SONY off this generation and, for the first time, will not buy their console. I think their next console will be well worth looking at as they try to regain market dominance.

M$ has dealt a blow to SONY in North America, will Europe follow suit? M$ launches in India soon, 2nd largest country (in terms of population) in the world. The Japanese market is nothing if Microsoft can dominate in these markets. If M$ can get 2-3 more killer apps, not even exclusives, plus a price drop by April I will confidently declare them the early winner of said " console war" .

If you' ll be able to get a 360 with Bioshock, Assasins Creed and Halo 3 or
    a PS3 with nothing for the same price next christmas what will anybody that' s not a raving SONY fanboy do?

If the number of PS3 consoles dosen' t catch up to 360 before Halo 3 watch the developers start jumping ship. It' s already starting as SONY " Bleeds Exclusives" .
    Frankly, I' m really enjoying watching SONY have their own arrogance cost them so dearly. They deserve it.

Next-gen they will come out swinging and we will all benefit from the excellent competion M$ and Nintendo have provided. All you M$ haters out there need to imagine how pathetic PS3 launch would be without that competition. Answer: the PS3 wouldn' t be out yet ' cause SONY would just milk the PS2 and launch later.
    Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
    RE: When Sony' s disapointing British gamers MS provides the goods - Nov 24, 2006 07:32

I' ve seen PDZ, PGR3, RR6, N3, DoA4, Oblivion, GRAW etc all for £15-20, and games like Just Cause, Saints Row, Prey, FEAR, Dead Rising etc for £29.99.
    I' ve seen PDZ PGR3 RR6 N3 DOA4 for $20 over here, don' t I wish Oblivion & GRAW were that cheap.
    uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
    RE: When Sony' s disapointing British gamers MS provides the goods - Nov 24, 2006 09:30
    Some good packages, and i' ve been really desperate to buy one recently however been holding off somehow.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
    • New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll