Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too outgunned?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Too outgunned? - May 13, 2006 05:52
I' m not trying to claim that there aren' t combat heavy games i' m currently looking forward to, it' s just that games that don' t fit into the " action" and " shooter" genres are becoming fewer and fewer.

I played nothing but Lumines today and Brain Training is a title that i cxan' t wait to get my hands on. I just want more original combat-less games to balance out the generic everyman blast-a-thons. Shit, i even want Viva Pinata and R* Table Tennis!

Sure i want all those Epic 3rd person death simulators, but why do i have to kill ALL the time?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Too outgunned? - May 13, 2006 06:05
Agreed... (And so many fps these days...)

The games are all too dark and heavy, they have lost a lot of happiness. Where are the nicer games? Although there is that viva pinata coming to 360.

Right now I honestly cannot think of a really happy game without violence...aside from music games, I know there must be some but.... I guess my brain isn' t working.

Thing is, I' m suddenly thinking of Zombies ate my neighbours (the spelling of this looks so wrong). And though you were going around killing zombies etc, it was just fun, comical... I miss that...
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Too outgunned? - May 13, 2006 06:18
I second that Majik.

I uesd to like FPS' s and shooters back when Quake 1, half-life and Unreal were first released, but now I can' t stand them.

I' d rather play Resi Evil 4 for action/shooting rather than todays generic looking sheen tasic Unreal 3 engine games. Too many soulless clones, just like with WWII games.

Exactly why I' m also looking forward to Table Tennis, Wii Nintendo stuff and Next-Gen Sonic, VT3 etc.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 12 May 06 22:18:28 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Too outgunned? - May 13, 2006 06:29
give it a shot to adventures game people, that might be diffenrent without all the killing

i just played Dreamfall: the longest journey, and it made an excllent impression on me, i just played for like 15 min and while the conroles aren' t great but guys this game " seem" very stilish and graphics are just awesom OMG, may be not in quality like next gen although it' s still impressive but the art design is just great , i want to send some pictures running on my PC with FPs on the corner showing up just to give you an idea of how the game runs...

anyone can tell me how to post picture , it doesn' t work , thanks
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Too outgunned? - May 13, 2006 06:33
I' m currently going through the colourful Sonic series on
Sonic Mega collection. If I was Robotnik I' d be pissed, dyu know how long they
have been at it? F*ck Lord of The Rings, Sonic vs. Robotnik is way more
epic.
Nitro

RE: Too outgunned? - May 13, 2006 06:40

anyone can tell me how to post picture , it doesn' t work , thanks

Click on the " image" button as you would " quote" , then find your image on the internet, right click it, select properties, copy the URL and past it between [image] and [/image].

If you can' t find the image you want and have it on your PC, just go to imageshack and upload it, the copy the URL at the bottom (ignoring the other options) and use that instead.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Too outgunned? - May 13, 2006 06:56
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9082/dreamfall20060512152806183aq.jpg

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9254/dreamfall20060512152610961dc.jpg

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6851/dreamfall20060512153113097xs.jpg

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6532/dreamfall20060512152442218dm.jpg

thanks magik, just a notice, there is a small aliasing on these pictures but on the picrures of my computer there isn' t soo that' s weird may be the resolution of these pics changed when i hosted them..... tell me guys what you think about the art direction and quality/ performance

PC 3ghz, 9800 pro 128 mb, 1go ram

edit: there you go to resolve the aliasing problem just click on the picture to make it bigger , now that' s how exactly it' s shown on my pc.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 12 May 06 23:05:55 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Too outgunned? - May 13, 2006 07:01
Abasou Select the " imbed image in post" option at the bottom on your post to have little screen shots.
Nitro

RE: Too outgunned? - May 16, 2006 00:16
Y' know, i' ve spent most of the past two days playing Monster Hunter Freedom on PSP and i haven' t actually killed oe trapped anything yet, -- instead i' ve spent my time digging for treasure and fishing and i' ve heard you can raise cats which is what i' m going to check out later.

Even with so many cool games coming out for PSP this year i think the game i want most is MotoGP 06. As long as the framerate is as stable as Ridge Racer (PSP) and the load times are minimal i' ll be more than happy!
Tiz

RE: Too outgunned? - May 16, 2006 00:30
I downloaded the Moto GP 06 from marketplace and it runs so smoothly,
16 racers on xbox live. and its the best ever. Give it a download you
guys... and anyone d/l the backstage passes things? I love the brunette
she is so AAARRARGHH
Nitro

RE: Too outgunned? - May 16, 2006 00:46
I know, i downloaded it too but i was talking about the PSP version.
Tiz

RE: Too outgunned? - May 16, 2006 02:16
I don' t use my PSP, because I don' t hike to mountains so it is a bit pointless
I leant it to my friend because he' s always in Uni, where as I am at work and
in my spare time I' m either sleeping or drawing. Why I got the PSP?
I' ll never know, unless Majik, u can give me some tips on how to pimp it out
so I can make it feel worthy? Almost feel like buying the white version to match
my 360 and TV....
< Message edited by Tiz -- 15 May 06 18:24:44 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Too outgunned? - May 16, 2006 02:55
Well I can never get enough violence but I wouldn' t mind seeing it played differently. We need deeper stories, not just stories with depth but clever stories as well. It' s always kill this or the world ends, well I don' t really like the world so thats not much of an incentive now is it? Also we need a lot more humour in videogames, games take themselves way too seriously.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll