Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The darkness
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
The darkness - Oct 15, 2006 06:56
check out the video gameplay guys, it' s on 1UP or gamevideo, some ideas are awesome while the graphic per se isn' t jaw droping still it looks really good, there' s one kind of weapon that is truly impressive... you' ll find out what i' m talking about.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 02:34
...dude this game looks frikin awesome!!!

...i thought the D was just another run of the mill shooter, but this game is actually pretty innovative... ...real-world in-game tv' s, and those demonic appendages are pretty impressive...

...lots of blood too...
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 02:35
how about a link
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 02:38
Linky plz-
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 04:44
That' s pretty bizarre! Hopefully they' ve got plenty of time to improve the enemy AI.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 05:58
Little Darklings with Jackhammers make me smile
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 06:33
looked alright, but i dont really think it looks next gen, looks like a really good original xbox game.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 10:00
I think it looks great. The textures in this game are miles ahead of most other next gen games like Assassins Creed.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 13:24
It was always goin to be good afterall Starbreeze are develpoing it .. Cant wait for this ..
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 13:27

looked alright, but i dont really think it looks next gen, looks like a really good original xbox game.

Are you sure you weren' t just looking at the commercial for the PSP game because The Darkness looks awsome. You' d have to be nucking futs to think this looks like anything on xbox.

After watching the video I' m going to have to buy this one.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 16 Oct 06 5:30:51 >
Alecrein

RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 13:32
The graphics are pretty good, but I wouldn' t dare say better than Assassin' s Creed.
Agent Ghost

RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 13:35
Graphic wise they' re at par but based on what I' ve seen so far in terms of gameplay, The Darkness kills Assasins Creed.

The only problem with The Darkness in terms of graphics is the fact that the game is infact dark which will be a problem for the LCD owners with bad black levles (i.e. all of them).

I reccomend looking at videos of both Assasins Creed and The Darkness at Game Trailers.com, its the first place I go if I want to see trailers. Watch them in HD if you want to campare the graphics of both games.

http://www.gametrailers.com
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 16 Oct 06 5:40:54 >
UnluckyOne

RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 14:09
The Darkness graphically beats Assassin' s Creed hands down. The next two pictures is testament to that. The texture detail is vastly superior in The Darkness. Their art directions differ though.

Assassin' s Creed

The Darkness
Agent Ghost

RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 14:24
You can' t compare them both from only two pictures and only consider the textures. If a picture says a thousand words then video would say a million, you need to see both in motion to get a true idea of the graphical quality of each game. None of the compressed low def shit either.

Another thing why that comparison doesn' t work. You haven' t considered the fact that Assasins Creed is showing a much greater draw distance with more objects and characters. In other words its rendering more stuff, so only looking at the textures isn' t fair.

I' d say both games look very good and considering that both are different game types going and have a different style you can' t really compare the two.
Alecrein

RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 19:06
I don' t know why, but the picture you posted looks nothing like the gameplay trailer that was released. Assassin' s Creed to me is an amazing looking game, Darkness is too dark and if it so graphically powerful, they should at least show it off. Wasn' t The Darkness running on the same engine as Prey?
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 16 Oct 06 11:07:03 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 20:58
i think the darkness looks worse than AC, a lot worse.

Prey uses the Doom 3 engine, im sure Darkness isnt!
UnluckyOne

RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 21:02
Agent, I was mainly looking at it from a texture point of view. The textures in the Darkness are better than Assassin' s Creed. I' m happy that for once we' re seeing an improvement in textures, rather than just slapping filters/blur on everything and calling it " next gen" . Now filters/blur and art direction can make a game look great, and sure, like you said, AC and Darkness are different games (3rd vs 1st person) with different purposes, but I' m just pointing out that it' s refreshing to see something really sharp and detailed. Compare this close up in AC to the Darkness one.

Too many " next gen" games in my opinion are going nuts with filters/motion blur and are forgetting that there are other ways to make a game look great. It' s similar to swigging a 6-pack before meeting chicks. When the blur/beer vision wears off, it don' t usually look too pretty.

Alecrein: No. The Darkness is running on it' s own in house engine.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 21:34
Hopefully someone can post a pic from The Darkness that has more than about 3
characters on the screen, and then compare it to Assassins Creed that has about
10+ characters on the screen.

Assassins Creed is more impressive gameplay wise and graphically at the moment
as there were so many people on the screen and they managed to maintain
an amazing level of detail.

The Darkness on the other hand had about 5 people max on the screen and
became another " physics fest" , the level of interaction and destructive
environments was impressive but so far it' s just doing what so many other games
are doing and that is " Here we have an amzing physics engine" and to be honest
it' s getting boring I think.

I don' t get too excited when there are only two characters on the screen and
people shout to the rooftops about amazing graphics.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The darkness - Oct 16, 2006 21:58
People are posting non-gameplay screens of two different games and comparing them?! Tut tut tut...

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message