Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Japanese alternative to Gears of War
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 08, 2006 07:52
Obviously, this game is not for EVERYONE, as no game is. I, personally, think it' s gonna ROCK!

I enjoyed the demo, and I kinda like the frenetic action that it employs. Also, we don' t know anything about the story, yet, but from some of the gameplay clips that I' ve seen, it looks like it' s gonna be fairly interesting. They' ve spent some good cash hiring a Korean superstar to play the lead role, and I don' t think they' d waste money doing something like that for a game with an anorexic plot (though Driv3r kinda dispels that theory, but still...)

I guess we shall all see. When is the release date?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Japanese alternative to Gears of War - Nov 25, 2006 00:57

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

I guess we shall all see. When is the release date?

Jan 12th
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 12 Dec 06 9:45:09 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 25, 2006 01:22
360 = running around, shooting things but not at half the PC gameplay levels..

I cant wait for this 1st/3rd person shooting Fad to go away.. It' s the reason why im selling my 360.. Nothing decent to play but dam pad shooters..

360 owners seem to be craving and giving developers more reason to dish out more uninspired 1st/3rdPS sequels instead of trying to be creative and actually push the gameplay boundries that the standard and ' old' Anologe pad has.

Reason why im selling this mutha (360), im seeing/playing hardly any creative games.

Even good old Capcom have gone westernised and turned to this shit..

Wii = European Wii Launch:
13 days 06h 39m 01s

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 24 Nov 06 17:30:34 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 25, 2006 02:06

Even good old Capcom have gone westernised and turned to this shit..

Hey, what' s wrong with RE4?

There might be a lot of Shooters in the west, but you know there' s just as much JRPG' s in the east... Actually I even think the west have more variation in games, compared to the east.

I myself like shooters, even if it might not be my favourite genre. Also there are some mighty interesting shooters with much potential up and comming, Crysis, Bioshock, Halo 3... Also, I' m looking more forward to Bullet Witch than Gears 2. Yet, as of still all I' m interested in Wii is Zelda (plenty of reason) and Raving Rabbids, and with Ps3 all I can think of is MGS4 and FF13 (there are some multi plattform and possible commings, but those doesn' t count).
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 24 Nov 06 18:15:02 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 25, 2006 02:12
F3 spews crap more often than not, just ignore him Dio
f3hunter

RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 25, 2006 03:33

Actually I even think the west have more variation in games, compared to the east.

Now thats just being silly.

Anyone who been to Japan knows as soon as you step into the country that games are extremely varied covering areas from total wackyness to serious indepth titles...

Nintnedo and Sega of japan alone have covered Much more varied genres than all of the EA' s, Ubisofts or any other western developers you can name, put together with ease.

Dont get me worng, i can perfectly understand why people are loving their 360' s especially if your new to online gaming and decent FPs' s.. but for gamers like me, its all old news and extremly unexciting and uninspiring.. Especially after playing grand original games and game genres (new japanese game genres) on my DS.
Which is by far the best thing to happen to gaming in a long time.

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 24 Nov 06 19:43:25 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 25, 2006 03:48
Didn' t mean it like that, f3. I' m talking about how we in the west are " in general" more open to playing different ypes of genres.

For instance, I like shooters, but I like JRPG' s just as much. I play games from America, Europe and Japan, without thinking caring where they come from, only what they provide. The normal Japanese citizen however, doesn' t care much for western games, especially not FPS and shooter games. They tend to stick with games from their country, and their country only.

Also, I have been in Japan, as late as this past sumemr and will return there now in winter. And while my visit there I DID enter a number of games shops and not to my surprise there was an overwhelming amount of RPG' s and dating sims all around, whilst western games could be found in small, hidden corners.
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 24 Nov 06 19:49:28 >
f3hunter

RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 25, 2006 03:59
oh yeah in that way your probably right..

In japan you certainly get more hardcore ' group' gamers who are just hardcore on one game in general but these groups range from all different games genres if know know what i mean.

But then again the DS being so popular in Japan kinda goes against that. hmm it is kinda weird
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 25, 2006 05:33
The japaneese invented Tamagotchi, that shows just how #¤%&ed up they are!

edit:

no wait! they made RE4, Dead Rising and Mario, oh and Zelda, and that makes them alright in my book!

I forgive you for the Tamagochi!

No i wasnt traumatised in childhood from a Tamagotchi that died!
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 24 Nov 06 21:35:22 >
f3hunter

RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 25, 2006 21:14
saying that, i did have fun on this game, found it alot better than GOW.

Can you change the controls though? as the aiming is to stiff.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Nov 26, 2006 03:21

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

the single player is just masterbation.

An interesting comparision .... So by this u mean , its fun but it isnt as good as doin it with some one else as in ' MULTIPLAYER' ....
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Japanese alternative to Gears of War - Dec 12, 2006 17:44

4 new 720p movies showcasing the Frozen Wasteland map

Seriously now, this game is gonna do nasty things to my soul. I can' t wait until January!!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Dec 12, 2006 18:01
I said it before i say it again;lost planet sux if u ask me,the graphic is superb,and awesome,and the control" works" but thats about it,its boring,and repetive.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Lost Planet - Alternative Gears - Dec 13, 2006 10:32
I agree with quez, i downloaded the demo as my lust for the game suddenly died, and vanished into a cold dark place.... the bottom of my demo list
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: The Japanese alternative to Gears of War - Dec 13, 2006 11:34
It looks great to me, but I' ve been hearing mixed responses to the demo.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message