Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony to offset cost of cutting console price by raising game prices?!
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 45 of 45
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Sony to offset cost of cutting console price by raising game prices?! - Sep 27, 2006 12:45
Well i did say that joystiq claims that LAUNCH titles will be US$60, the question is why do they specify LAUNCH and not just say all ps3 games are US$60 - With a comment like that they could up the price after launch and it would be all legal and no one can ping them for it. I remember kaz harai making a comment about ps3 games prices and used a price range of 60-100 USD, now why the f**k does he need to give a price range so broad? He could of simply said ' i believe our games will be priced similarily to 360 games, but he had to use that price range. Its not to say you will see US$99 games but he did not rule it out.

Remember before we knew the ps3s price many people believed it would retail at the same price as the 360, however sony PR kept hinting that the price would be high and guess what, at E3 2006 we found out the hints he was giving were actually true - it was expensive.

Anyway its good to see sony giving there fans some positive news (if true).
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sony to offset cost of cutting console price by raising game prices?! - Sep 29, 2006 05:20

You guys are like people that try to argue that american cars are better than Japanese, you' re just making yourselves looked retarded. X360 Sucks.

No we argue if American consoles are better than japaneese ones most of the time!

Anyway most danish sites are saying sony offcial stated 60-100$ per game, but that launch titles would all be 60$
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Sony to offset cost of cutting console price by raising game prices?! - Sep 29, 2006 12:46
Thats for japan.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 29 Sep 06 4:52:06 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Sony to offset cost of cutting console price by raising game prices?! - Sep 29, 2006 12:53

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Apparently sony loses up to US$300 per console

If not more, I heard it cost somewhere in the lower 800' s to manufacture, but I can' t back it up with anything.

Actually I heard it was quite a bit more than that. Just under a grand.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Sony to offset cost of cutting console price by raising game prices?! - Sep 29, 2006 13:07
I must admit, its quite a good deal sony is giving to its fans by making the price of its games the same as 360 third party titles - i really thought US$70 was the going price of all ps3 games. If they are selling at US$60 and are using blu ray, which will invariably be more expensive then your average DVD9, how much profit will they lose to maintain competition with 360? Seriously i still expect that high profile games will probably hit US$70 so that they can recoup some loses - i mean adding HDMI to all models must have hurt sony' s already empty wallet.

Its good for fans but how long can this last?
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 45 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message