Shenmue 3: Anything new?

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 81 to 120 of 171
QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 00:14
Lol...

Jaggies because of lack of space?
Was no jaggies in my Oblivion and jaggies only shows up with lack of AA,which evert 360 game must have min 2xAA.

Bye
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 12 Jun 06 16:14:38 >
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 00:19

I' m not playing Shenmue with the PS3 controller.

You could always opt to do what I did.. There was NO F**KING way in hell I was playing Gradius V with that accursed PS2 d-pad, so I just ordered the Guilty Gear fighting pad along with the game.. It worked great! Though, I REALLY REALLY wish the PS2 Saturn pads were released at the time I would have EASILY gone with those instead.

NO WAY!!! Am I not having vibration feed-back when I am fighting. I don' t
want to sway the pad left and right to dodge!

But could you imagine how cool it would be to play a fighting game and be able to toggle the motion sensor feature on and off. And when it' s ON, while your opponent is attacking you, you can quickly dip the controller to Duck an attack and also pull up and back to make him/her jump backwards?? If done right it could actually add that extra bit of immersiveness to the fighting game experience. ;)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 12 Jun 06 16:26:31 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

IwantShenmue3
  • Total Posts : 52
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 01:31
As Shenmue 3 might come out in late 2007 it could get the vibration feature later.
Sony might get things resolved for the controller by then or even make better vibration.
There should be better vibration.
Shenmue 1 and 2 never used the vibration pack and many players never even pointed this out.
I sure hope it uses vibration, imagine walking the planks then it vibrates and it makes it feel cooler.
Imagine seeing him fall to his death and it' s vibrating, pretty nifty.
Imagine finishing Lan Di up and it all vibrates, i' d be like yeah yeah.
A scene with the vibration might be handy for a female player if she' s alone, well it' s better than her using her hands.
As it' s not expected for the player to make their own in game vibration.
Guys can take advantage of a Joy scene with vibration.
We all know what DOA4 was made for right?
Playing with youself, and then with others.
*Note, all games can be played while playing with yourself, if your alone your playing with yourself as know one' s there except you. Take this with a grain of salt,
as i don' t know if vibration will be in Shenmue 3.
I can see how vibration can bring in all the females to play Shenmue 3 making more sales.
Rez actually came with a vibrator which i didn' t get as i' m a guy.
Rez was cool though.
Vibrating toys in Shenmue 3 would be cool, perhaps like in MGS 2 where the toy shoots bullets.

< Message edited by IwantShenmue3 -- 12 Jun 06 17:32:55 >

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 02:02
Honestly, I wouldn' t mind seeing Shenmue 3 go multiplatform. I really, really hope that it will be released for PC as well, with the two previous games included. Shenmue is the kind of game that should work as good on PC as it does on consoles.
I' m not sure about a Wii version though since it probably would require lots of work to adapt it to the controller and the " weak" power. And I' m not much into Shenmue spin-offs.

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 03:03
I think a part of the reason why vibration wasn' t used was to make more emphasis on the qte' s seeing as those would have been more likely where it would be used and a combination of the both may have been confusing or off putting. As for a wii port I think it wouldn' t work as well as it would on the ps3 and 360...partly because I would like to see some amazing cut scenes.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 04:08

As Shenmue 3 might come out in late 2007 it could get the vibration feature later.
Sony might get things resolved for the controller by then or even make better vibration.
There should be better vibration.
Shenmue 1 and 2 never used the vibration pack and many players never even pointed this out.
I sure hope it uses vibration, imagine walking the planks then it vibrates and it makes it feel cooler.
Imagine seeing him fall to his death and it' s vibrating, pretty nifty.
Imagine finishing Lan Di up and it all vibrates, i' d be like yeah yeah.
A scene with the vibration might be handy for a female player if she' s alone, well it' s better than her using her hands.
As it' s not expected for the player to make their own in game vibration.
Guys can take advantage of a Joy scene with vibration.
We all know what DOA4 was made for right?
Playing with youself, and then with others.
*Note, all games can be played while playing with yourself, if your alone your playing with yourself as know one' s there except you. Take this with a grain of salt,
as i don' t know if vibration will be in Shenmue 3.
I can see how vibration can bring in all the females to play Shenmue 3 making more sales.
Rez actually came with a vibrator which i didn' t get as i' m a guy.
Rez was cool though.
Vibrating toys in Shenmue 3 would be cool, perhaps like in MGS 2 where the toy shoots bullets.

You' re an escaped convict aren' t you?

That would explain why you signed up on the 5th november 2005, went cold turkey on
the site, and then came up with the above post..

I agree that Sega should DEFINITELY release Shenmue 3 on the PS3..

I-It would be a mistake not to.

*Agrees 100% with whatever IwantShenmue3 says from now on*
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

QuezcatoL
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 04:19
ahum?

Shenmue2 came to xbox,with a dvd of the first title,and SEGA said ithey was gonna make shenmue3 on the XBOX.

It must come t 360 if its coming ffs.

Terry Bogard
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 04:23
If it' s only coming to one console then I' d like to see it come to the console with a large userbase in all three regions!

I' d prefer it was released for both 360 and PS3 though.

QuezcatoL
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 05:01
But with 600 USD and 600 euro price tag that fanbase wont be as big as it was.
Trust me.

ginjirou
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 05:50

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

If it' s only coming to one console then I' d like to see it come to the console with a large userbase in all three regions!

I' d prefer it was released for both 360 and PS3 though.

PC' s have a pretty big fanbase.
I think the best choice for Sega would be to release it on PS3, 360 and PC. I think there' s lots of potential sales in a PC version of the game.
The Wii is almost out of question.
One sick idea would be to actually charge you money from your credit card via Xbox live each time you play an arcade mini game in the arcades in the game. Or that those capsules toys would cost real money. And that everything you buy in the game will actually cost real money. But then you could compensate by working in the game to earn real money. You' re lucky I' m not a dev. $_$

Kaze
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 07:46

The Wii is almost out of question.

That sounds like a challenege I hope someone at Sega takes you up on.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 21:17
I don' t understand where is the challnege in making a Wii version - that actually is pretty easy since both Shenmue 1 and 2 were made for SD systems and it' s easy to make upgrades of the engine , textures and models based on their original source (like Shen 2 for Xbox Vs Shen 2 for DC but with much more drastic visual changes).

I' d hate to see shenmue 3 on PS3 because it' s the kind of game that really needs great performance and I seriously doubt PS3 when it comes to power.

X360 however would be a serious mistake since it didn' t sell well or good, or even bad in japan.

All shenmue games were failures when it comes to profit and all of them were incredibly expensive (20mln $ for Senmue1 in DC era was a record).

Why would they make Shenmue trilogy for Wii:

-cheap developement (not only easy to upgrade graphics,load times,animations but also all the aspects of game developement that HD brings wouldn' t be an issue)

-amazing ingame interaction (if you played shenmue you know that some features like shopping or work in honk-kong would benefit from Revolution' s interface)

-Wii is for gaming hardware what Shenmue was for software - a revolution.

-Wii is cheap and gamers are excited about it - it will probably sell very well as a second system and soon become the most played one with PS3 and 360 becoming the true second systems (or not - who knows right? :) ).

Shenmue needs to reach people to show them how amazing it is and controls in DC and Xbox version were a bit alienating for avarage gamer.

I think that PC is a good platform for Shenmue as well - PC gamers would appreciate what Shenmue is.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 13 Jun 06 13:36:12 >

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 23:50
There should be no shenmue for Wii, i' m sorry but yu wouldn' t want it this way, he would want to finish it the right way.
He knows people who paid for the last two games will NOT be buying nintendo,
And i think giving his opus to sony would be like giving lan di the phoenix mirror.

The best is to finish it on the pc, or lessor on the 360.

Also, the xbox360 is starting to pick up steam in japan, slowly but surely... And i should expect to see better sales near the ps3 launch.

To sum it up...
Shenmue on Wii= BAD!!
Shenmue on ps3= Just as bad.
Shenmue on 360= Not great, but the lesser of 3 evils.
Shenmue on pc= Best.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 13, 2006 23:54
Sorry to brteak it to you Whiteguy, but Yu has nothing to do with Shenmue 3 or any ports of the first two games. He' s concentrating on other things and wants to do Shenmue online, for Asia only.

whiteguysamurai
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 00:00
Right, i think i' ve read that somewhere.

IF shenmue 3 is to be released, it would be for a next gen system.

ginjirou
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 00:08
The console/s that get Shenmue should have both previous games and a new graphically impressive game that continues what Shenmue 1 2 started. That' s why Wii is out of the question since it' s too weak. And even though I love the Wii-mote it wouldn' t fit the gameplay at all.
Both the 360 and the PS3 has the power to give Shenmue 3 any justice but that PS3 controller just isn' t fit. It' s not just the d-pad or the lack of rumble (which isn' t important in Shenmue anyway) but it' s just the overall design.
The 360 would be a good choice but then there' s the question if DVD discs will be enough. Personally I don' t care if the game is released on 4 discs and I doubt many others will.
But what I want to see the most is a PC version of the previous games followed by Shenmue 3. The PC userbase is big and the game should work perfect on PC' s. If you want to play it with a regular controller then just get a PC controller.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Jun 06 16:09:31 >

Nitro
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 00:09
No doubt, but would you consider Wii a next-gen system?!

ginjirou
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 00:13
The Wii is a new-gen system.

Terry Bogard
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 00:13
Unless I' m mistaken, I think it' s much easier to Downgrade the visuals and Performance of a game than it is to upgrade it (the more tech savvy posters will correct me on that one) which is why I think a Wii version of Shenmue 3 would be doable if they simply ported it from the PC/360/PS3 in downgraded form.

whiteguysamurai
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 00:28

Yeah, as in it' s " new" from nintendo, but not new to the hardware generation.

Unless I' m mistaken, I think it' s much easier to Downgrade the visuals and Performance of a game than it is to upgrade it (the more tech savvy posters will correct me on that one) which is why I think a Wii version of Shenmue 3 would be doable if they simply ported it from the PC/360/PS3 in downgraded form.

While do-able, a gamegear version is do-able..
But just like the gamegear version, it shouldn' t be done.

Terry Bogard
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 00:40
Are you kidding me? A GameGear version of EVERY game should be made

And given my firm anti-3rd party exclusives stance, I' d love to see Shenmue on every viable console platform

ginjirou
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 00:56

ORIGINAL: whiteguysamurai

Yeah, as in it' s " new" from nintendo, but not new to the hardware generation.

The technique is not new but the way Nintendo has implemented the technology is new.

Nitro
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 02:07
Nintendo haven' t finalized their hardware specs yet. It would be foolish to make presumptions based on games at E32006, just as Nintendo have asked us not to do.

Kaze
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 03:59
It' s an interesting question.

Would Sega really be prepared to risk giving Shenmue to Microsoft again after it did so poorly first time around? If Japanese audiences still aren' t prepared to buy XBox, it seems as though PS3 would be the best bet... No matter how awesome it' d be on Wii.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 05:53

He knows people who paid for the last two games will NOT be buying nintendo,

ok that' s retarded

Wii-mote it wouldn' t fit the gameplay at all

It' s not as obvious as you think - I really don' t think that kind of empty statement means anything.And since you wrote :

game should work perfect on PC' s

you should be aware of Wiimote' s pointing functionality that works like a PC mouse.

I don' t care about HD shenmue - I want a nice High End (2x metroid/RE4 visual quality) Wii game with seriously improved voice acting and audio quality in overall.

No doubt, but would you consider Wii a next-gen system?!

wouldn' t you? it' s another generation , and it' s a next console from nintendo.It may not be as powerful as 360, but it' s definitely better than previous gen.The next gen interface is definitely the next step (at least Sony thinks so :) )

I think it' s much easier to Downgrade the visuals and Performance of a game

To downgrade it from X360 version, they would have to upgrade it to HD first - adding details,lot' s of new high quality textures,high poly models,physics and other things that 360 owners expect from their games

upgrading visuals for Wii would be mostly about upgrading 3D models,hopefully audio,some textures (but not comparable to upgrading textures for 360),new effects and other minor improvements.

PS3 would be the safest platform for SEGA - if it sells as well as PS2 but Wii should be considered as well...especially if it sells as good as I expect it to.

I can' t imagine playing shenmue on keyboard and mouse - it wouldn' t be a cool experience.360 controller connected to PC would help :)

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 13 Jun 06 21:54:43 >

Nitro
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 06:17
I still think it should be released on PSP.

Thing is, -- will we ever actually see Shenmue 3?

Terry Bogard
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 08:10
HELL YEAH Shenmue 1 and 2 would be awesome on the PSP.. If the code crunchers at AM2 handled the port I' m sure the game would look damn good on the PSP, even better if the bastids at Sony would finally give developers full unrestricted access to the PSP hardware.

QuezcatoL
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 08:11
PSP?

I' m getting angry now...and when im angry i pull out my GUN

Terry Bogard
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 08:14
Shenmue on the go doesn' t do it for ya huh? ;)

Just imagine, riding the bus or train, loading up Shenmue and feeding the kitty in the game. Or playing a game of Space Harrier or Hang-On :p

Tiz
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 16:21

Shenmue on the go doesn' t do it for ya huh? ;)

Just imagine, riding the bus or train, loading up Shenmue and feeding the kitty in the game. Or playing a game of Space Harrier or Hang-On :p

Well, for me, I wouldn' t mind. But, can you imagine how many bus stops you' d
probably miss? How many unhappy people you would bump into? Not forgetting
that work would begin to bother you during that all important QTE..

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 14, 2006 23:42
some sort of quicksave feature would have to be worked in to it. and the controls would need some revsions. But the main question, would it sell?
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

DrunkenPoliceGod
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 15, 2006 02:21
Things I' d probably see in my lifetime before Shenmue 3 comes out on whichever console it will come out on:

- Aishwarya Rai posing nude for Playboy
-Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa, Jet Li and a zombified resurrected Bruce Lee in a movie together
-PS4, XBOX 720, Nintendo Game-Sphere
-Another Michael Jordan comeback?
-Sega back on top
-World War 3 and Nuclear Apocalypse

and of course Shenmue Online

Nitro
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 15, 2006 02:37
Welcome!

ginjirou
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 15, 2006 03:43

Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa, Jet Li and a zombified resurrected Bruce Lee in a movie together

Tony Jaa kicks ass!
Donnie Yen is cool too. As well as Marc Dacascos.
But Tony Jaa can take them all.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 14 Jun 06 19:44:51 >

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 15, 2006 07:54
...i agree that shenmoo should be a PS3 exclusive.. ...mainly because i prefer my burgers barbecued.....

...just don' t leave ' em grilling too long... ..nothing worse than charcoal beef...
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 15, 2006 08:07
Shenmue portable doesn' t do it for me because my upper back and neck starts hurting after playing portables for over a half an hour at a time or so. Plus the audio sucks as a rule and I am not a huge fan of headphones. Portable game systems aren' t made for Shenmue, they' re made for Qix and the like.

Shenmue 3 needs to be on a real video game system where I can get comfy on my couch, look straight ahead at my TV instead of down at a portable. Where I can hear the sound in full HiFi glory. Where I am not distracted by other bozos around me (I never play portables when I am out of the house anyway).

Tiz
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 20, 2006 07:58
Shenmue 3 should have a next-gen Joy in it and Nozomi, Ryo comes back from
the mountains with new girlfriend Shenhua and everyone gets pissed, Xiuying
also gets pissed.

Someone take it from there.. When it comes to Shenmue, I usually can' t make up
rubbish..

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 20, 2006 09:21
I think Shenmue 3 would rock on the console, nobody has or wants.

The 3 ..DO.

what?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 28 Jun 06 17:37:12 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

GamerManX
  • Total Posts : 86
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 20, 2006 21:53
Id love to play it but if they put it on one system chances are slim itll be the one im getting.

alimn
  • Total Posts : 145
  • Reward points : 30415
RE: Shenmue 3: Anything new? - Jun 26, 2006 23:15
Who think that Peter Moore have made SEGA to develop Shenmue III sooner for Xbox 360?

Who think we can see Shenmue at this TGS?

Anyone?
NW' s Shenmue, Yakuza and VF5 site!
http://www.novinworks.com/shenmue.htm

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 81 to 120 of 171