Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your friends
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your frie - Oct 22, 2006 19:08

Games bought through the PlayStation Store will be able to run on five-or-fewer systems. Of course, if you own more than five systems, you can probably afford to pay for the game again on the sixth. (Hah, we kid; you didn' t get so rich by wasting money on a game you already bought.) The important application for the five-or-less rule is that you can log in to the PlayStation Store at a friend' s house and re-download a game for free.

When you leave your friend' s house, Sony says that you can leave the game there. If the title is an online multiplayer game, only one of you can use it at a time. But if it' s an offline game, we were told that the multiple systems can continue to play it.

Sounds like you and your four best friends may be splitting PS3 game downloads.

wow good news from Sony :)
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 22, 2006 20:34
This is awesome, but we' re not talking ps3 games here don' t we? probably the small games and psone games.
Vx Chemical

RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 22, 2006 21:13
Its the same as XBLA games! just Sony' s own version of the system!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 22, 2006 22:53
That' s actually pretty cool. Kudo' s Sony!

(runs to dip face in dry-cleaning liquid)
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 04:11
Sorta irrelevent as I already dont care about XBL arcade games, but a feature like this is always a good thing.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 04:28

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Sorta irrelevent as I already dont care about XBL arcade games, but a feature like this is always a good thing.

This games are quite diferent from microsofts, these are gonna be great, they have great teams and developers working on them for instance, Criminal Crackdown its being developed by the guy of God of War and the incognito team, it will run at 1080p 60 frames per second whit 4 player multiplayer, santa monica its also working on one game, Flow will feature 100% support to the sixaxis tilt sensor, im really happy whit SONY rigth now.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 04:37
oooo tilt axix AND 1080p...who gives a fuck? as long as the games are good, thats all that matters.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 04:44
it will shit all over XBLA, which quite frankly is a joke.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 22 Oct 06 20:45:03 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 06:45
fernandino, do you actually own a 1080p tv? If not, then why on Earth do you care in criminal crackdown is 1080p? It makes the slightest bit of difference to anyone here, and 99% if not 100% of people here do not own a 1080p HDTV.

Besides, 1080p on a game as simple as that or a ps1/2 quality game isn' t technically impressive, is it?
< Message edited by uumai -- 22 Oct 06 23:12:39 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 11:02

Original: fernandino

This games are quite diferent from microsofts, these are gonna be great, they have great teams and developers working on them for instance, Criminal Crackdown its being developed by the guy of God of War and the incognito team, it will run at 1080p 60 frames per second whit 4 player multiplayer, santa monica its also working on one game, Flow will feature 100% support to the sixaxis tilt sensor, im really happy whit SONY rigth now.

Yes, because Doom, SF, MK, Geometry Wars, and Lumines suck. And OOH Flow, I want a game that rips off a DS game on my console.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 11:18

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Yes, because Doom, SF, MK, Geometry Wars, and Lumines suck. And OOH Flow, I want a game that rips off a DS game on my console.

imeant the original games, pfft stupid asshole...

My father haves a 1080p TV, im gonna buy mine next year, so yas, i care about 1080p
< Message edited by fernandino -- 23 Oct 06 3:18:50 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 11:43
I have 2 in my room.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 12:12
fuck off, Geometry wars kicks ass!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 13:13
Nice News, but I haven' t seen anything that is being produced for it that rivals what is on XBLA currently. PsOne games will, but isn' t that sorta a cheat?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 13:24

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

QFT!
Vx Chemical

RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 14:26
Besides, who the hell cares whether mini games are 1080p or 720p, it hardly makes a difference on stand games, it isnt going to be all that cool on a mini game its not going to matter.

im envious off Lemmings, but thats it! We' ll see if Id throws their support that way! im not too sure!

Im looking forward to Doom II
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 16:28
I like this very much.

Much of Sony first party producers is coming from the Commodore/Atari-scene, i.e. old Psygnosis resides in SCE now, they had alot of cool stuff on the Amiga forinstance, I wonder how much of the old stuff they had and if they still retain the rights to, besides Lemmings and Wipeout, and how easily it can be ported over to the new consoles.. :)
I would love to see some of their old Amiga-titles sold again..

I hope that Cinemaware and similar companies uses these opportunities, to port some of their old classics over to this system aswell as Microsofts XBLA, and start getting some cash-flow.
It beats giving away the Amiga UAF-files for free, wich usually dosn' t end up working properly anyway...
I' d love to get to play Rocketranger, Wings and It came from the dessert again on my TV.. :)

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Share your games from the online network formerly known as Playstation Hub with your - Oct 23, 2006 17:00

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

QFT!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message