Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sega Genesis Collection
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
Sega Genesis Collection - Nov 10, 2006 21:29
So i got a hold of this game being a sega fan and all I couldn' t wait for it.

So the collection is rather large, with some good games included, though there are certain ones i' d like to have seen added, and did it really need sonic added again?
The game features progressive scan which is nice, and allows resizing the screen, the game usually outputs to the full width of my screen like with DVD' s, something no other ps2 game i' ve tried does on my tv.

So i had a short go of some of the games featured, and realised i' ve gotten really bad at playing games, man I suck on these.

So obviously I had to play Golden Axe, what does anyone who cares for this post think of the game and it' s forthcoming next gen version?
This sort of game is great, while the game can be basically beat with just the dash attack the experience is something i miss in gaming.
The music is absolutely fantastic, all through out the game (man how sega used to kick serious ass), and regardless of the way the game is, the story is involving, it felt like a big journey to fight Death Adder, the map in between level with the comments really is awesome.
The levels are awesome, city on the back of a giant turtle? Travelling ont he back of a giant eagle? fantastic. I wish the next gen version will keep to the original ideas, rather than what altered beat (ps2) did with the original (raping the memory of the game).
i think i' d be happy with a remake, flesh it out a little, make it longer, more levels etc. Man the game could be great! Although given the sega we' ve had since the Dreamcast' s demise, it' ll probably be more like the failed, crap altered beast reinvention game we' ve seen. Heh, maybe they will have guns, and cars?

On a final note, what i' d really like sega to do with a retro compliation like this, and it' s a dream that will never be realised, is the have all the games visually beefed up. Before you say it, I don' t mean like the Sega Ages collections. Rather redrawn sprites, bring it all high res with some very slick animation, like the guilty gear series. Maybe in addition to the classic versions. But man how i' d love to see a good high res, looking like a high class animation old sega game.

Anywho, here is the link to Sega' s website about it. Sega Genesis Collection
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Sega Genesis Collection - Nov 12, 2006 05:15

redrawn sprites, bring it all high res with some very slick animation, like the guilty gear series. Maybe in addition to the classic versions. But man how i' d love to see a good high res, looking like a high class animation old sega game.

That would be really cool, if a developer like SNK, with real respect for 2D artistry, got the license to do a project like that.

I had forgotten about the city on the turtle' s shell... that was some really wild and cool design. Also very rooted in world mythology.
uumai

RE: Sega Genesis Collection - Nov 12, 2006 06:10
Oh, I thought a post about something current gen would go completely ignored. Nice surprise.

Well if i reads right recently SNK' s games will now use all redrawn spites for their games, out with the old, in the the new.

It' s just a shame that developers don' t care enough to do it (i' m sure the cost is prohibitave), although I' d love to see redrawn sprite classics, and new 2d games. Like a new 2d (or 3d 2d sonic but cell shaded) instead of what they are giving ps3/360.

2D games are awesome, i miss the days of them, During the mega drive/genesis days i always imagined/wished to play 2d games that looked as good as an anime... Even a 2d side scrolling beat ' em up that of say spiderman, with sprites as good as capcom' s marvel super heroes vs street fighter.

I' d be certainly there to buy a game that did it, if they did a good game, not some " oh there is a little demand for a 2d side scroller (or something) lets just push some crap out the door" attitude.

hell i' m sure is a disc was released by sega, with streets of rage 4, a new 2d sonic in tune with the older ones, and a few others, looking like some high class anime people would buy it.

::takes a gun and shoots the mainstream masses who forces all games into 3D::
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sega Genesis Collection - Nov 12, 2006 06:19
I' m hoping to see some solid platformers come back on all of the 3 consoles downloadable sections. It' d be a good opportunity for some new ones too.
uumai

RE: Sega Genesis Collection - Nov 12, 2006 06:36
The thing is, they have to keep releasing these old games (in this case sega) because if they want people to be interested in their games anymore they have to show how good they were, so people expect the new ones to be.

There are so few sega games that interest me of late, except the classic collections. I' m sure intot he life of ps3/4 or the 360/720 that sega will release a shenmue 1+2 compliation all on 1 disc, (if sensible as one full play through a single entity, not two seperate ones).

And for the record capcom need to hurry up and bring street fighter 4, it was expected a while back at e3 or something, but what the hell capcom?
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Sega Genesis Collection - Nov 12, 2006 08:29

hell i' m sure is a disc was released by sega, with streets of rage 4, a new 2d sonic in tune with the older ones, and a few others, looking like some high class anime people would buy it.

funny, i was on youtube last night watching people play sonic CD, aaah the memories, i' ve always wanted to try the japanese version, I heard the music was sick, but anyhoo that compalation would be sick along with a new ristar and a new shinobi game (mix of revenge & shadow dancer, the dog was awesome)

and while they' re busy updating games a new nights & burning ranger would be awesome also. Nights on a next gen console OMFG, and burning ranger never got the exposure it deserves & they should keep the theme song
uumai

RE: Sega Genesis Collection - Nov 12, 2006 17:32

ORIGINAL: steptechdotnet

funny, i was on youtube last night watching people play sonic CD, aaah the memories, i' ve always wanted to try the japanese version, I heard the music was sick, but anyhoo that compalation would be sick along with a new ristar and a new shinobi game (mix of revenge & shadow dancer, the dog was awesome)

and while they' re busy updating games a new nights & burning ranger would be awesome also. Nights on a next gen console OMFG, and burning ranger never got the exposure it deserves & they should keep the theme song

Hell yeah! Burning Rangers!!!! NiGHTS!!!!!

Sonic CD japanese intro ending was much better, you should be able to get the theme/video online if you look. I first saw it on sonic jam

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll