Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Reminder about Team Ninja
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 22, 2005 21:24
He' s talking about either Sexy Beach or Sexy Beach 2. PC only. Japanese only. You could probably find it at some import shop online that sells hentai games.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 23, 2005 14:42
...Check this out:

...that is a crop taken from one of the new DOA4 advertisements seen in Japanese games magazines....

..it first shows box artwork for doa4, then a mock up for DOAX2 (could be out sooner than i thought)...

.....then Code Cronus!....looks like it could be a Kasumi/Ayane ' Year One' sort of deal..... cool.... ...finally, Project Progressive is represented..... that is the boss character from DOA4, right?...

....i believe this is also the release order of Team Ninja' s next projects over the next 2 years....

...looks like all you Ninja Gaiden 2 fans are in for a looong wait... ..however, check this out:

Muramasa is harassed

...damm, I' m just too good...
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 24, 2005 05:24

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...Check this out:

...that is a crop taken from one of the new DOA4 advertisements seen in Japanese games magazines....

..it first shows box artwork for doa4, then a mock up for DOAX2 (could be out sooner than i thought)...

.....then Code Cronus!....looks like it could be a Kasumi/Ayane ' Year One' sort of deal..... cool.... ...finally, Project Progressive is represented..... that is the boss character from DOA4, right?...

I' ll believe it when I see it. The one for DOA: XBV2 has the same picture that is used in the Play Magazine " Girls of Gaming: Volume 3" issue. The third one, Code Cronos, looks like a screen cap from DOA Ultimate. The fourth one... well, I don' t know what the hell that is!

I guess what I' m saying is, if this is the order that the games are released in, fine. If not, that' s fine too. As long as the games are released EVENTUALLY, I' m good.

Actually, I can' t wait to play DOA: XBV2 on the 360! Yeah, I hope that one comes next. Also, considering that I never played all the way through Ninja Gaiden (I messed up and added the hurricane packs, and it started me back at the beginning! Doh!) this would give me a chance to go back and see if I can make it all the way through. The hurricane packs KICKED MY ASS, AND TOOK MY NAME!!
Bishonen

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 24, 2005 05:48
..... you' re supposed to say:

" Wow, Muramasa is in DOA4! COOL!! is he a playable character?"

.... anyway, i did say that they are MOCK UPS.... you won' t see new artwork until closer to when they are released.... it' s just Itagaki letting us know what to expect next in the DOA universe...
jimiphoenix

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 26, 2005 21:41
Itagaki-san hasn' t been enacting some deep-rooted vendetta against Sony...he' s just a hardware whore :D

Also, he has strong attachments to his long-standing characters. He' s actually referred to the DOA girls as something akin to " daughters" when quizzed about the dubious nature of his peep-em-up and volleyball-sim. I find it all relatively innocent.
I found DOAX pretty relaxing. What' s that saying about art for art' s sake? Anyway, I think the point is that it' s allowed to be morally subversive (even though I don' t think it actually is) if it' s executed well. And it sure was executed well.

His attachment to his characters may be why Team Ninja keeps tossing curvy kunoichi babes into every game they get their grubby little hands on. Anyway, a new Gaiden would be awesome. The mainstream videogame press went overboard, and then a few journos underrated it a wee bit because it wasn' t what they thought it was. It' s one of those games that I think about fairly frequently though, despite not having played it in months. That' s the sign of a good game, hontou ni.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 27, 2005 12:44
Ninja Gaiden is one of the best games out there, too bad some ppl don' t see the quality in it, maybe because it' s too linear? I don' t know and I don' t care honestly. I love that game, and I love the old 2D series too (sooo hard to beat, ninja gaiden 2 especially, god i used to get so frustrated). I' m not into DOA really, even tho it' s a good game I have to admit. I think we will probabily see Ninja Gaiden 2 in late 2007 at the most, maybe a lil earlier, hopefully. I think it will be for the 360, since Ninja Gaiden was on the Xbox and I don' t think Itagaki will wanna disappoint fans by making it a PS3 exclusive, and for the PS3. Gosh I can' t wait to hack and slash my way through demons. I hope the Dabilahro is available in the beginning of the game, or the wooden sword w00t w00t
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 27, 2005 15:33

maybe because it' s too linear?

Well for me it was because it was too hard. Now normally challenging games keep me coming back for more, but Ninja Gaiden isn' t challenging. It' s hard. And it is hard SOLEY for the sake of being hard and for no other reason whatsoever. If they would have made the game more accessible I would have been happy, as I recognize the well-designed aspects of it. I wouldn' t mind if you played through on an easier setting if you didn' t get the real ending, and instead a text message that said: " ok u beat the game on easy now go play the game on norml or hard u fckr!" I know there are a ton of people out there who insist that Ninja Gaiden is perfectly balanced and anyone who thinks it is too hard for them is an inferior gamer and/or human being. It just helps them feel better about themselves and their gaming skills to berate players who can' t beat it or even get very far, I think.

If you want a challenging game, try Super Monkey Ball on the hardest mode. I can walk through it and have a blast. The thing about that game is it makes you want to keep trying because you KNOW you can get through it.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 27 Dec 05 23:36:58 >
jimiphoenix

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 27, 2005 16:04
Ninja Gaiden is badass...and to be honest, I' ve never finished it, but not because I found it too difficult.
Two levels away from the end I decided to spend quite a lot of time upgrading the wooden training sword because I heard that it was the second most powerful weapon in the game. No sooner had I upgraded the mofo than I find myself lumped with an oar. From a boat. I got really depressed, because there was a bunch of other stuff I' d have liked to spend the money on...but anyway. It also coincided with a period in my life where I didn' t have much time for gaming, so I sadly had to drop several unfinished games and spend my time earning money (not even enough for me to spend the excess on gaming :().

I completely feel for you though, Joe. Those black ninjas, what were they called, Spider Ninjas (??) were ridiculous. It' s funny, but I got to a certain point in the game where either my skills or the system itself seemed to balance everything out. It was challenging, but very doable.

...and Super Monkey Ball pwns me...
Maybe if I had it I could practise...but, I bet it would still kick my ass all the way to Friday. ^_^;;;
< Message edited by jimiphoenix -- 28 Dec 05 0:05:35 >
Bishonen

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 28, 2005 05:01
....i truly don' t understand those people who say ninja gaiden is too hard...

..i truly don' t... ....what sort of gaming level are these people? ....are you capable of completing video games in general? ....have you been playing DOA3 on easy for too long?...

...i can' t understand how any serious gamer would have any major difficulties completing the game fairly quickly on the normal difficulty setting...

....the Hard setting however... ...is a different matter

....Joe, if you really find the game that hard on normal you CANNOT be playing the game properly..... are you levelling up the weapons?, using ultimate attacks as often as you can? learning the weapon combos? utilising the reverse wind technique? etc.

...if you were you' d find the game mostly easy (only certain bosses pose any real challenge) .... you just have to engage a few braincells...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 28, 2005 05:06
It is a hard game Bishonen, its a really hard game, its the hardest game i ever played. I completed it on normal, but some of the bosses took me ages to get down. Also the limited save options makes it a bit harder as well!
Bishonen

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 28, 2005 11:35
...what the Genin calls difficult... ...is what the Jonin call depth.....
Joe Redifer

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 28, 2005 12:24
Actually the part that I am stuck on I cannot find an exit, and I have never been motivated to power the game up again. I don' t recall leveling any weapons up or even knowing that they could be leveled up.
Bishonen

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 28, 2005 15:39
O_O

*stunned silence*

WHAT?????????????!!!!!!

....Joe, that is truly shocking..............
jimiphoenix

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 29, 2005 09:08
It' s time for my hick-mechanic-who-knows-you-have-nowhere-else-to-go impression!

*makes sucking noise with teeth and then shakes head forlorny*

Yup...there' s ya problem. Imploded rotary chain.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 29, 2005 09:12

It' s time for my hick-mechanic-who-knows-you-have-nowhere-else-to-go impression!

*makes sucking noise with teeth and then shakes head forlorny*

Yup...there' s ya problem. Imploded rotary chain.

Ohh wait hahahaha

no just kidding, but im sure it would have been more fun seeing it than reading it.

Joe, you should give the game a second try, and upgrading the weapons helps, the Vigorian Flail cuts like a badass through anything made of flesh
jimiphoenix

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 29, 2005 09:15
There' s where you' re wrong. I' m far too cool to be able to accurately pull of a hick impression in person ;)
Joe Redifer

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 29, 2005 15:58
I just can' t get myself motivated enough to try it again. I really don' t care that much for 3D platformers anyway. I fell for the hype. That same reason is why I own Halo 2 as well.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 29 Dec 05 23:58:59 >
jimiphoenix

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 30, 2005 00:45
Amen to that. [The last bit I mean, I personally think Gaiden is far superior to Halo 2]
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Dec 31, 2005 11:35

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Well obviously they are better in DoA since the game was developed and programmed by actual ninjas. You don' t think they would call themselves " Team Ninja" if they weren' t all true 100% 100th degree black belt ninjas, do you? No, of course not.

Belts are only good for holding your pants up my friend!

So we' ll have DOA4 (out now), DOA Beach Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2, the fabled DOA Code Chronos, Whatever Project Progressive is and OBVIOUSLY Ninja Gaiden 2 or whatever they call it since Ninja Gaiden on Xbox was a remake anyway.

But they also didn' t say that the ' mystery' game (Ninja Gaiden 2) will be for 360, it could well be for PS3 only (shock horror!), but i can' t see them letting the die-hard Ninja Gaiden fans who' ve just bought shiny new 360' s down, ...or could they?!
Bishonen

RE: Reminder about Team Ninja - Jan 01, 2006 11:20
....hey i just thought ...DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 is likely to be online.....
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message