Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER...
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 60
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 17, 2006 19:03
That' s the release date of (US version) Okami boys - the last great current gen game that could make you want to sell your PS3 or X360 just to get it :)

For those of you who didn' t follow this revolutionary title here' s a nice gameplay movie :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeA7i1gTKnQ&mode=related&search=

I had no idea it had a realistic approach at first - and it really looked cool.

check this comparison movie.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5057
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 17 Aug 06 11:26:24 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 17, 2006 20:38
Dunno about that doesn' t look like my kinda game....
]GaNgStA[

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 17, 2006 20:44
I' m pretty sure it would be your kind of game after trying it - if it' s the AAA entertainment quality fun that previews talk about , then everygamer would enjoy it.It' s got RPG elemnts,Zelda-like gameplay and amaizng art direction.

I can' t wait for this thing ..I' ve been waiting since the first trailer :)
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 17, 2006 20:53

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

I' m pretty sure it would be your kind of game after trying it - if it' s the AAA entertainment quality fun that previews talk about , then everygamer would enjoy it.It' s got RPG elemnts,Zelda-like gameplay and amaizng art direction.

I can' t wait for this thing ..I' ve been waiting since the first trailer :)

Like zelda you say?...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 17, 2006 21:11
yes - it' s really hard to say how cool this game is.It looks like a nice action game with amazing art direction , but it' s so amazing in it' s entire design and has great elements of many genres.I' ll get you a nice story about it ...looking...

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/689/689243p1.aspx

Here' s a nice video review

http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=8162033926827159366

JAP version Reviews:

98% Weekly Famitsu
10 / 10 / 10 / 9 - 39 platinum

95% Games Master UK
Simply stunning... It' s touching and near impossible to resist. Your heart will melt, your eyes will do little wheelies and your brain will send you yummy jolts of happiness as thanks. [JPN Import; July 2006, p.78]

94% GameBrink
While its slower adventure game style pacing and low difficulty may throw off a certain crowd, Okami’s charming world with its nice fairy tale story, great gameplay, and incredible graphics will give most an experience likely to be remembered for decades. Okami is truly a remarkable experience. [JPN Import]

93% Play UK
The perfect marriage of style and substance, a lively, inventive and satisfying game wrapped up in the most impressive and striking visual style of any game on the PS2. There' s nothing else quite like this out there. [JPN Import; Issue 141, p.86]
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 17 Aug 06 13:14:33 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 17, 2006 23:14
I have it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 00:04
This game was love at first sight to me.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 17 Aug 06 16:04:15 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 00:07
I played the japanese version, and it was pretty good, only not understanding what i had to put kinda put a dent in the overall experience... I' ll be playing an english version for sure... Don' t think it' s the last great current gen game though...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 06:06
yeah there' s Yakuza and FFXII coming so we' ll see

Bomber - Japanese verion doesn' t count :)
uumai

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 06:32
God of War 2, too. Probably a few other neat things here and there too..
]GaNgStA[

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 07:12
I' ve just noticed that YAKUZA comes out the very same day :)

05.09 - this will be a great day :)
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 07:50
The game is very much playable in Jap.

Just i havent got very far in it. Ok I am after the first level and have no idea where to go. But I understand the story!

Oh guys, that intro was a least 6mins long, unskipable, i got the jist of it from the pictures, but its quite boring when all they speak is jap.
uumai

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 08:06

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

The game is very much playable in Jap.

Just i havent got very far in it. Ok I am after the first level and have no idea where to go. But I understand the story!

Oh guys, that intro was a least 6mins long, unskipable, i got the jist of it from the pictures, but its quite boring when all they speak is jap.

I got a bit into the game, sometimes though it takes longer to figure out what you have to do, and it takes away from the game when you can' t understand anything much. As in people talking to you, yeah the story is drawn basically for you, so it' s not so bad, and you can find translations online, but hell i wanna play the english version, and yakuza - wanna try bully too (see if they make a good game of it)
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 09:19
...okami looks pretty amazing.....

....i usually prefer my games to be based around human characters, which is probably why i had yet to take more than a second glance at it... ...but after checking out the story and looking at the gameplay videos, i' m pretty sold on it....

....it' s very unusual and kooky, but somehow manages to be engaging too... ...maybe it' s the RPG elements that make this title more my thing? (50 - 60 hours of gameplay too, apparently).... ...or could it be because wolfs are about a thousand times cooler than geeky viewful super heroes?..

....i remember reading about the paintbrush thing before and not really thinking too much of it, but when you see it in action, you can see how it adds a whole new layer of gameplay mechanics to the game... ...giving the game an unprecedented level of depth not likely found in any other adventure rpg title....

...as far as design goes, it' s in a class of it' s own... ...it' s look is the kind of thing which you' ll likely see ripped off in car advert 6 months from now....

....i can see why ]GaNgStA[ is so excited about it... ...it' s VERY nintendo in a sensible parenting sort of way...

...coincidentally, i actually woke this afternoon to the sound of a hyperactive canine nosily running and exercising outside my window...

..it must be a sign....
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 09:34
Looks shitty.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 18:37

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Looks shitty.

What? Okami? Motivate please.
uumai

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 19:13

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Looks shitty.

Dude, seriously, you have to stop being so positive and constructive. It' s annoying how you back up your opinion with a reason, some kind of explanation...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 19:54
uumai, don' t bother man :)

By the way tehre' s a nice movie on IGN if you' re insider 200MB , but it kicks some serious ass.

....i can see why ]GaNgStA[ is so excited about it... ...it' s VERY nintendo in a sensible parenting sort of way...

and unlike Nintendo games it also has amazing story and great RPG elements...(what' s with nintendo and storytelling anyway?)

:)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 18 Aug 06 11:56:18 >
uumai

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 21:12
I wouldn' t mind seeing it in english, but I have it in japanese near my ps2, So i' ve seen a lot of it... just wanna understand everything.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Remember , remember the 5th of SEPTEMBER... - Aug 18, 2006 21:48
That' s why I don' t play japanese games if I know I' m going to get the english version.The whole package -STORY+VISUALS+AUDIO+GAMEPLAY are much stronger than some gameplay with bits of story :)

And it' s always that first impression that counts , so I' d say you won' t score thos game as high as someone who sees it for the first time and in english version.

Unless the story is a complete shit and it' s better to play Japanese version :)
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 60

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message