Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rallisport Challenge 2
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 22, 2004 20:06
I read this from Ebgames.com:

RalliSport Challenge 2 boasts a great graphics engine, online play through Xbox Live, exciting race modes, tons of cars and tracks, and the ability to set up leagues and tournaments using XSNsports.com. RalliSport Challenge 2 combines all of the action of the various rally sports into one game. It embodies the energy, passion, and thrill of rally racing.

RalliSport Challenge 2 has some killer features including:

Intense Competition
" RalliSport Challenge 2" is the first racing title in the new XSN Sports brand. Now you can easily set up a rally league on XSNsports.com, take out your rival over Xbox Live, and track up-to-date stats on your PC throughout your own rally season.

Off-road racing the way it should be
RalliSport Challenge 2 features game modes including Career, Single Race, Time Attack and Multiplayer. It also features 5 unique rally race modes including Rally, Rally Cross, Ice Racing, Hill Climb and the new Crossover Duel.

Tracks
Featuring nearly double the tracks of the original, gamers can race on different tracks from Sweden, Canada, Australia, Great Britain and Argentina.

Start your engines
RalliSport will feature more than 40 of the most challenging rally cars including the infamous group B cars that were banned because of nearly uncontrollable horsepower. " RalliSport Challenge 2" features the Audi Quattro S1, Ford GT70, Lancia 037 Rallye, Saab 9-3 Viggen, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Celica, Volvo Amazon, VW Beetle Rsi. Modify your ride. Gamers will be able to make minor modifications to each car to meet the challenge of each track.

Car damage
Parts such as bumpers, spoilers and rear mirrors will be able to loosen from the car, dangle and eventually drop off. Debris and parts will fall from the car when crashing to make more of a visual impact on the car.

Detailed Race Environments
RalliSport Challenge 2 features new camera angles and a new windshield view that focus on spectacular crashes and interactive environments. Each track will also have more breakable objects and more on-track hazards like water, mud holes and potholes to challenge drivers.

That sounds awesome. It comes out May 4. Anyone else here a big fan of the first, besides me?
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 22, 2004 20:10
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 23, 2004 00:34
I been watching that game for a long time now. It looks so frigging awsome. Yer definatly not the only waiting for this one.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 23, 2004 03:39
One of my most wanted games this year. I can' t wait!
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 23, 2004 09:08
i' m also eagerly awaiting the " Adam Doree of Kikizo" review of TOCA 2. I don' t care what gamespot or ign gave it, they both gave it 8.2 but had nothing serious to criticize about it. Adam Doree on the other hand (who shares the same criteria for judging racing games as i do) said in the Kikizo preview, that it' s the most gorgeous racing game on any console to date.

Have any of you played TOCA 2 already? what are you' re impressions?
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 23, 2004 19:50
I actually played the demo. It was pretty good. The graphics are good, but not great. Cut scenes were nice too It looks good, but i think i' ll get rallisport 2 instead. O yeah,...what does TOCA stand for!?
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 24, 2004 01:10
TOCA stands for Touring Cars i think.
Slizer

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 24, 2004 14:36
I got hold of Toca 2, the graphics are good, the handling of the cars are better than in pgr2, it' s got a good story line and the whole game is in widesreen, unlike pgr2, it has truck racing and f1 racing to, I played a bit on live, it' s kinda fun...supports custom soundtracks...well I saw that feature in the sound menu but not tested it yet, physics are pretty cool 2, like you car can damage out in the race, and you have to start again, doors open up and stuff...you might want to re configure the control setup though if your used to pgr 2 controls, B is handbrake by default, and A is to look back....anyway it' s a pretty cool game, but a tad expensive I mean it' s $30 US in the states which is about £18 while in the UK it costs £40 about $72 US, wonder why it is so cheap in the US....anyway look forward to playing it more until rally sport 2 comes out, but anyway I still prefer PGR2...Toca is more realistic in some ways though, i.e Handling and Physics...

Bottom line is, if your in to racing games definately get this, but if you just play for fun, save your money for rally sport 2 next month, for me this is just a play once game, then stash it away and not touch it again....luckily I did not pay the full £40 for it, so I thought it would be worthwhile investment picking it up incase I ever do a system link...seriously though, £25 is the most I would pay for this...but I' m one ofthose guys who would never pay £40 for a game, mostly I' ll only pay £20 for a game, £25 max...
< Message edited by slizer -- 4/24/2004 2:45:38 PM >
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 26, 2004 20:02
30$ isnt that bad! Is there DL content(like cars and tracks) ?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 27, 2004 18:10
Lol almost every post I find you in Konrad, you seem to mention DL content and Online play. I agree, tho it is very awsome cuz it definatly adds life to a game experience.
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 27, 2004 19:54
I love online play, thats practically all I do/have time for these days!
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - Apr 29, 2004 21:39
I played the demo of TOCA 2 and thought it was crap.The cars looked OK not great,The environmets sucked something u see on the N64.The controlls were OK.I played the game about 5 times and never played it again.

As for RalliSport 2 i cant wait till it comes out.I still play the first RalliSport.
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - May 01, 2004 12:21
The graphics in TOCA 2 arn' t that bad, the cars look good, but the backgrounds are just kinda dull. Still an alright racer.
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - May 01, 2004 19:09
I just won another game (fourth one within a month) and I' m thinking about getting RalliSport 2 or ToCA Race Driver 2... or something else. I don' t know...
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - May 02, 2004 12:08
Hmmm, go with rallisport!
CapnCrunch311

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - May 02, 2004 14:46
I did go with RalliSport, thanks. I' m going to get both eventually any way so I thought it would be better to get the more expensive game for free to save me some extra cash.
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - May 03, 2004 20:08
Cool, rallisport comes out tommorow, for anyone who didn' t know yet
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - May 04, 2004 20:22
Rallisport ame out today, anyone get it yet, or is anyone planning on getting it? I' m going to get it this weekend, I' ll post up my own mini review of what I think of the game, once I play it a bit.
CapnCrunch311

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - May 04, 2004 21:49
Looks like I' m not getting the game any time soon now. The site that I won the game from doesn' t have it in so I went with GTA: Double Pack instead.
konrad

RE: Rallisport Challenge 2 - May 05, 2004 20:00
GTA is ok, I personally think the GTA series is way overrated, it gets boring after a while, just driving around and killing people, etc. Its still a good choice considering its free . Doesn' t anyone else think GTA is overrated!?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message