Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Psp Redesign
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 05:01
I think it would be stupid if sony dont do this, seeing how popular the ds lite is. I was expecting something from e3, but maybe next year.

A redesign would be great, extra features like the internal 1gb of memory and smaller/lighter size would really go down well.
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 05:21
I was a little surprised they didn' t bring it up this year as well.

[Sarcasm] But they had to focus on their awesome E3 Conference and showcase of the wonderful PS3, so I can clearly see why they had no time to focus on their handheld! [/Sarcasm]
Phinehas

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 06:16
Frankly, I don' t see why they' d design it differently - it looks and functions well enough. They should concentrate on getting some solid games for it first.

The DS, on the other hand, needed a major facelift. I hated it upon first seeing it, just b/c of it' s generic, plastic look, but now that its popularity is growing, a cleaner, shinier face is going to be nice.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 06:42
I find the analog nub uncomfortable to use, swap the positions... and give the d-pad a saturn style, like the attachment that comes with tekken in japan

Also get rid of the UMD, have HDD, increase battery life
< Message edited by uumai -- 1 Jun 06 22:47:07 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 07:42
I can' t imagine being able to make the psp any smaller, its already so cramped. They would have to do two things. Reduce the transister size, which would be expensive to make the switch and make the screen smaller by reducing the pixel size, even more expensive. Even then you still have to accomadate the umd' s which ofcourse are at a fixed size There' s no way we will see a psp redesign in 2006, maybe 2007 but even then I doubt it will get much smaller. I' m not even sure sony is breaking even on the handheld yet, they can' t redesign until it becomes financially feasible.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 08:49
What about the rumoured touch-screen feature? Was that even a serious thing, or was it a complete lie? I wouldn' t put it past Sony, heh.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 2 Jun 06 0:49:57 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 09:03
They can' t get rid of the UMD drive in the current generation PSP, it would be suicide on Sony' s part and would definitely split the market.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 19:18
Who cares about a redesign when you can play the original PS1
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGEE RAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 19:49

get rid of the UMD, have HDD

solid state - flash etc.. but a decent size & speed would make it last 4 times longer... this should be the way they go!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Psp Redesign - Jun 02, 2006 20:52
I too would like a longer battery life achieved somehow...I don' t really use the internet on it or umd apart from games but I don' t think they will redisign though or take umd away seeing as they' re trying to push it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll