Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!!
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 125
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 21:40

No , but 360 didn' t have that much more on it' s launch in the US , and 400k is a start - and they know they need to start fighting for consumers especially there.

Yea but the funny thing is they could have afforded to do that they had no resistence when they launched. I doubt they would have launched with the number they did had both nintendo and sony decided to launch during the same period. I think we would have seen much more units but they did that to keep production costs down.

Sony will sell very well in the US , but they need to start doing that ASAP , cause the gap between them and 360 is getting bigger every day.

Yea and they seemed to be on track for that with their ' ' 4 million by the end of the year' ' announcement, but with 500,000 i' m not sure thats gonna narrow any gap in the us seeing as microsoft is also ramping up productions and this time it' s cheaper.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 6 Sep 06 13:41:13 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 21:46

Yea bu the funny thing is they could have afforded to do that they had no resistence when they launched. I doubt they would have launched with the number they did had both nintendo and sony decided to launch during the same period.

you' re wrong robot :)

MS had terrbile manufacturing problems that haven' t been solved weeks after launch.It was a terrible disaster in terms of how many units were out and how many people wanted it.It was a very bad time for MS and they thankfully had no competition back then.

IF Sony can ensure a steady stream of hardware after launch , it will be ok.

Yea and they seemed to be on track for that with their ' ' 4 million by the end of the year' ' announcement, but with 500,000 i' m not sure thats gonna narrow any gap in the us seeing as microsoft is also ramping up productions and this time it' s cheaper.

sure it may not signifficantly narrow that gap , but it will start narrowing it.And people will hear of this new thing PS3 - they might even wait for it.

There' s a great marketing campaign planned for Europe - where there are short clips demonstrating each feature of PS3 - that could make consumers " aware" of PS3 value (BD player, HD gaming. " Innovative controller" )
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 21:54
UK, September 6, 2006 - Both Sony' s UK and Japanese arms have responded to this morning' s news that the company has delayed the launch of its PS3 console from November this year to March 2007.

News of the delay broke at an official Sony press conference in Japan, where the company president revealed that production of the Blu-Ray laser diode - an integral part of PS3 - would be delayed by around one month. The knock-on effect to the console' s mass-production was cited as the reason for the change to PS3' s European release.

Kutaragi added, " I would like to apologise for those people in Europe who had high expectations for Playstion 3 consoles, as well as for software and device makers that we had to delay the launch for Europe." However, the Sony president was keen to reassure that, " Altogether, I do not think this time delay will cause serious damage to our PS3 business" .

Over in Europe, Sony UK' s senior vice president and managing director, Ray Maguire, expressed disappointment at the news, noting, " We [...] can truly empathise with everyone who was looking forward to PS3' s imminent release." However, Maguire assured European gamers that Sony will " be working tirelessly to ensure that the March 2007 launch, is the biggest and best in the company' s history."

PS3' s delay is already having significant ramifications, with Sony now forced to shelve its £40 million TV-led advertising campaign, previously scheduled to run throughout the Christmas period. According to The Guardian newspaper, the European and Australian PS3 campaigns will now be postponed until 2007, with Alan Duncan, SCEE' s UK marketing director, noting all marketing communications plans are currently " under review" .

Sony' s cinema campaign, featuring six ' stories' about the PS3, which launched online yesterday, will also be affected, possibly being aired at a later date.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 21:58
PS3 = Sega Saturn
dasher232

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 21:59

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

you' re wrong robot :)

MS had terrbile manufacturing problems that haven' t been solved weeks after launch.It was a terrible disaster in terms of how many units were out and how many people wanted it.It was a very bad time for MS and they thankfully had no competition back then.

Thats my point exactly you freak. With 500,000 units it could go like microsoft where they' re were a lot of people still wanting it with with this time they would have an alternative option to go with another company. Anyway i' m still interested in tgs and september 14th/15th.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:00
well they know it' s bad

PS3 is doing terribly bad from day one.

Thats my point exactly you freak. With 500,000 units it could go like microsoft where they' re were a lot of people still wanting it with with this time they would have an alternative option to go with another company. Anyway i' m still interested in tgs and september 14th/15th.

Yeah I agree , but 360 had a really bad start too (those weren' t your typical shortages) and they thought PS3 can launch in spring.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 6 Sep 06 14:02:29 >
Nitro

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:12

well they know it' s bad

PS3 is doing terribly bad from day one.

Yeah I agree , but 360 had a really bad start too (those weren' t your typical shortages) and they thought PS3 can launch in spring.

Granted, but they launched worldwide with 1.5 million units. Sony are launching in 2 territories with a third of that.

Sony are going to have it a lot harder than Microsoft did because Microsofts manufacturing problems were solely down to not being able to manufacture enough units to satisfy demand, even though they had the parts. Sony doesn' t have the parts and they aren' t the only company who wants the lasers and PS3 isn' t the only device that they' re needed for.

i still want to see what you directed me to on gamesindustry.biz, i could find it.
dasher232

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:13
I know I shouldn' t have believed it but their confidence even made me think they could launch in spring, but i didn' t think they would have a delay of any kind from thereon in.
Nitro

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:15
I said this would happen in January, even when people were talking about a Spring 06 launch.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:19

I said this would happen in January, even when people were talking about a Spring 06 launch.

It' s hilarious that a date can slip 12 months!
dasher232

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:23

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

The thing I don' t get is the criticism ms came under because they ' ' launched too early' ' however isn' t that better than nothing at all?. Not just that but all next gen systems were announced around the same time.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 6 Sep 06 14:24:13 >
Nitro

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:24

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Well everybody said i was being stupid, but Europe always gets neglected and after the PSP delay i knew it would only be worse.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:30

Well everybody said i was being stupid, but Europe always gets neglected and after the PSP delay i knew it would only be worse.

I actually think i agreed with you, back then! I still think its impressive, a console cant surprise anyone with a 1 year delay, they should have played with open cards!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:39

Sony are going to have it a lot harder than Microsoft did because Microsofts manufacturing problems were solely down to not being able to manufacture enough units to satisfy demand, even though they had the parts.

You guys are forgetting that 360 had serious manufacturing issues beside the huge demand.

But it makes no difference - Sony is really going to fell it this time .When kutaragi says it' s truly bad for their PS business , then it' s gotta be 1000 times worse than that :)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:42
Yes.but atleast they shipped 1.5 million units.

Sony on the otherhand has sold over 200 million consoles compared to MS' s 20-25.
I think the demand is a bit higher on their part,and then to ship only 1/3 of what MS shipped well...you ask for trouble then.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:48
sure - I' m not saying Sony' s doing good - far from it.But 360 had incredible problems in it' s early exsitence.PS3 can avoid that by regular supplies.
dasher232

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 22:49

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Yes.but atleast they shipped 1.5 million units.

Sony on the otherhand has sold over 200 million consoles compared to MS' s 20-25.
I think the demand is a bit higher on their part,and then to ship only 1/3 of what MS shipped well...you ask for trouble then.

Yup as the last gen market leader they should be more likely to come out strong out of the gates this gen with microsoft being the one to make the trip ups (damn noob' s that they are) . However that aside a lot of what they have come out with so far has been very amateurish and moreso than the ps2 era yea they lied then but it wasn' t this bad.

sure - I' m not saying Sony' s doing good - far from it.But 360 had incredible problems in it' s early exsitence.PS3 can avoid that by regular supplies.

That may be true but a lot of people will have forgotten about that (a) because it' s no longer a problem (b) because they didnt overstate just under deliver than what the demand was. And just like the games when all of the next gen consoles are on the market unless you' re and absolute blind sighted person not a lot of peope will be saying ' ' oh it' s allowed because it' s only the first wave' ' . Especially in europe a lot of people tend to look at whats happening now not the competition comparison game.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 6 Sep 06 14:53:41 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 23:16
I guess it doesn' t matter - in the end we all agree that it' s pretty fuckin lame right?
Nitro

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 23:17

I guess it doesn' t matter - in the end we all agree that it' s pretty fuckin lame right?

Yes.

dasher232

RE: Ps3 is coming march 2007 in europe! WTF?!!!!!! - Sep 06, 2006 23:21

I think I definately can agree with that.

By the way is elevon exclusive?.

http://www.ps3land.com/article-639.php
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 6 Sep 06 15:21:43 >
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 125

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages