Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Pre-order
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
PS3 Pre-order - Feb 10, 2007 20:41
So I was In bath on Thursday and passed a gamestation who was doing a PS3 pre-order. Great because I was waiting to do so, I figured when i get back to london my local game will have them too.
I checked on Friday and was told they start today, Saturday. (and damn all the luck I have to work, as i do when the machine launches... blast it all). Deposit is £50 and no forced bundles. (gamestation deposit was £20)

So I asked my Girlfriend to take my money and pre-order me one, and so now I have my PS3 Pre-ordered and I was 3rd so come 23rd about 4:30 when i actually get back from work (saturday and sunday im working 12 hours a piece :( ) I will have a shiny ps3 waiting for me.

I had considered not pre-ordering and just walking in, but what the hell, I don' t wanna risk it.

So anyway I just thought I' d share..
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 10, 2007 21:31
Cool. Glad to hear you could actually get one.
uumai

RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 11, 2007 01:15
Now I just have to choose a launch title, leaning more towards motorstorm atm as im not the biggest 3d fighting game fan, and not got into VF since 2, it' s all way too technical for me.

Also I have got a component cable for ps2 which will work for ps3, but i wonder if i should pick up a hdmi cable anyway
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 11, 2007 04:56

Now I just have to choose a launch title, leaning more towards motorstorm atm as im not the biggest 3d fighting game fan, and not got into VF since 2, it' s all way too technical for me.

If you are a fan of FPS at all, definitely pick up Resistance : FoM. I' m not a big fan of FPS generally, I mean, I play a lot of them, but they aren' t exactly long games, so once I beat em I forget about em. However, this is one of the few FPS that actually drew me back to play a 2nd and 3rd time through. The multiplayer is pretty damn fun too. I would agree with motorstorm, I' m getting that and Oblivion as soon as they come out.

Also I have got a component cable for ps2 which will work for ps3, but i wonder if i should pick up a hdmi cable anyway

It all depends. So far as I know, component can do 1080p on the ps3. So unless you really want less cords, or you want to use HDMI to transfer your sound and signal to your TV, then I wouldn' t bother for now. If you do buy HDMI, I have noticed you can get pretty cheap cords off ebay (75% less than store cost) from dealers. Now I can' t vouch for the quality of the cords considering they are cheap, but I sort of wish I had tried em out at least, instead of dropping 100+ on a couple of HDMI cords.

uumai

RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 11, 2007 16:27
Well sony' s official hdmi cable is supposed to be around the £20 mark i think. so if i got one i' d get that one. I am not fussed about sound going through tv and my tv only has stereo, but i use optical out for 5.1.

As for FPS, i' m not much of a fan, i completed halo, and almost the whole of black, and some of the pc ones, HL2/doom 3/farcry but otherwise they don' t typically interest me.
I considered Oblivion but i was never interested in the morrowwind on xbox, and the 360 one didn' t seem appealing..
i need to take a look at launch line up again..
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 12, 2007 01:31

It all depends. So far as I know, component can do 1080p on the ps3. So unless you really want less cords, or you want to use HDMI to transfer your sound and signal to your TV, then I wouldn' t bother for now. If you do buy HDMI, I have noticed you can get pretty cheap cords off ebay (75% less than store cost) from dealers. Now I can' t vouch for the quality of the cords considering they are cheap, but I sort of wish I had tried em out at least, instead of dropping 100+ on a couple of HDMI cords.
Component can do 1080p on the PS3, but most TV' s can' t display 1080p via component.

It shouldn' t be hard for you to find something good to play. You guys in the UK have an awesome launch lineup coming up.
uumai

RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 12, 2007 14:53
Well I will only be using 720p.

I wish sony would have stayed away from 1080p... even if later in it' s life it can run it well, it just means it could have done 720p all that much better....

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 16, 2007 08:01
Agreed.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 16, 2007 23:27
Uumai, where did you pre-order it from?

I' m going halves on my PS3 with my friend, we both want one, but not enough
to actually shell out the half a grand, and we both like each other enough to
settle our differences as to who gets to take it to the park and show it off to all the
sexy chicks, etc.
uumai

RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 16, 2007 23:59
I pre-ordered from game in wandsworth.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 Pre-order - Feb 17, 2007 22:59

we both like each other enough to
settle our differences as to who gets to take it to the park and show it off to all the
sexy chicks, etc.

Both of you push it in a glossy black pram through the park, & tell all the sexy chicks that it' s your life, and that you should be able to live it how you want.

THAT, will get you looks from the ladies.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll