Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 EU launch delayed
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 17, 2007 21:50
...until April, according to CEO Howard Stringer...

What are the goals for this year for PlayStation?
Stringer: I think it' s 6 million units by the end of the quarter, worldwide. And then we have got the European launch in April, which is very important to us. I think we have 20 games out there. I assume we' re going to increase the number of games.

LINK

Missing March would be baaaaaaaadddddd news. Publishers will not very happy at all as March is the most important month after December. If we' re talking the first week them it won' t be so bad, ...anything other than that and Q2 earnings will be affected resulting in share prices dropping.

Ofcourse this could be a sign that it' s going to slip further, but with Sony readying their EU ad campaign i can' t see that happening. They' ll launch even if they don' t have enough units to go around. I said it would be September but if they' re getting ready to start their ad campaign it' ll definitely be before then.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 17, 2007 22:14
Sony will be so f*&ked if this goes back any further, EU gamers won' t stand for anymore Sony delay crap, they might possibly be shooting themselves in the foot with regards to this market.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 17, 2007 22:20
should sony just ignore europe all together?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 17, 2007 22:20
Shit, they' re so screwed.

R.I.P. Sony Playstation 1994-2007

Obviously I' m exadurating but considering the success of the PS1 and PS2, " PS3 is a disaster" . Pushing back the release date in Europe, are they nucking futs?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 17, 2007 23:10
I think sony already have forgotten about Europe
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 17, 2007 23:58
Hahaha, a suicide gif taken from NeoGAF...

EDIT: WFT? Adam did what Joe asked for?
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 17 Jan 07 15:59:01 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 18, 2007 01:46

According to CNET, when asked what his goals for PlayStation are this year, Stringer responds: “I think it is 6 million units by the end of the quarter, worldwide. And then we have got the European launch in April, which is very important to us.”

But don’t get too excited – a senior executive at SCEE has just told MCV that David Reeves has today re-affirmed the March date internally and that PS3 will not launch in April.

Taken from MCV

I dont think sony could afford to miss march, though it' s coming towards the end of march for sure, so i expect he mans that the main sell through for ps3 in europe will be march... the ad compain is apparently due to kick off the end of march though... Man i just wish they' d hurry up im gonna buy one so long as they don' t delay it much because i' m losing patience.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 18, 2007 02:51
Very frustrating for Sony EU fans. But it is better than the rumoured May-June.

Of course, this way, you might actually be able to get one at launch. I just got an offer from my friend for his 60 gig. It' s been almost 2 months exactly and only now are they hitting shelves.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 18, 2007 03:06

ORIGINAL: uumai

According to CNET, when asked what his goals for PlayStation are this year, Stringer responds: “I think it is 6 million units by the end of the quarter, worldwide. And then we have got the European launch in April, which is very important to us.”

But don’t get too excited – a senior executive at SCEE has just told MCV that David Reeves has today re-affirmed the March date internally and that PS3 will not launch in April.

Taken from MCV

I dont think sony could afford to miss march, though it' s coming towards the end of march for sure, so i expect he mans that the main sell through for ps3 in europe will be march... the ad compain is apparently due to kick off the end of march though... Man i just wish they' d hurry up im gonna buy one so long as they don' t delay it much because i' m losing patience.

The entire launch quota will be pre-sold anyway. I can' t see a single unit selling at retail as i can' t see Sony meeting demand here.

Bear in mind that every unit sold is actually losing Sony money. If they have a negative cost of float or are breaking even with software royalties then it won' t be a problem. Otherwise launching in Europe and meeting demand would mean taking a severe financial blow. That' s why i expected them to delay the launch until September.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 18, 2007 04:17
I understand what you are saying magic, and with the way things are going at the moment and units sitting on shelves in us, its hurting them just as much. Because of this and the 20 launch titles expected and how europeans ' love' sony and are suckers for them, i expect them to launch here asap so they can start getting their units out there.
I dont think the price is as step to people in uk, we are notorious for getting debt to get anything, so im sure sony aren' t too concerned with the euro market. and if so many stores in us have stock laying around i dont expect stock issue to last that long over here, looking at america.
If sony did push it back to late in the year sept onwards, (suicide imo) then screw sony for a long while, i certainly will be buying a 360 next month.

I can' t see it happening now so much though... If anything they need to launch in uk quicker to make some money. Already have quite a number of titles for launch with some highly anticipated ones on the way.

Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 18, 2007 10:36
too much speculation in this thread.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 01:32
The Delay was expected, they just keep prolonging the inevitable.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 01:47
read the other f*cking post that says that what he said was a slip-up. Can you people stop randomly speculating about shit that isnt confirmed.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 05:08

read the other f*cking post that says that what he said was a slip-up. Can you people stop randomly speculating about shit that isnt confirmed.

Can you quit whining anytime something negative is said about the PS series?

" Oh no, the Dualshock is the best controller evarrr!!!"
Yeah, your opinion should be taken seriously.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 05:14
Read my post and I say I' m not a fanboy, and I name better controllers. All you do is either talk about how great MS is, or talk about how shitty Sony is.

Both the dual shock, and sixxaxis beat every other controller other than the wii' s and N64' s.

Don' t label me as a fanboy, I' ve owned every console excluding the Atari Jaguar, Panasonic 3do, Sega CD, Sega Dreamcast, and Xbox360(but I played my roomates for close to a year)

And yes, I' m tired of random speculation on this thread. There are a lot of good people here who have valid opinions about gaming, thats why I read the threads, but lately its just a bunch of speculation and flaming.

edit: to add quotes.
< Message edited by Avarice -- 18 Jan 07 21:22:31 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 05:28

Read my post and I say I' m not a fanboy, and I name better controllers. All you do is either talk about how great MS is, or talk about how shitty Sony is.

Find 1 example where I have without a good reason. And I dont talk about how great MS is nubtard, I talk about games.

So, Ill be waiting for your 1 example.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 05:39

ORIGINAL: Avarice

And yes, I' m tired of random speculation on this thread. There are a lot of good people here who have valid opinions about gaming, thats why I read the threads, but lately its just a bunch of speculation and flaming.

And just who the fuck are you to be tired of anything here?!

Howard Stringer, the guy who said the launch would be April is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sony Corporation. He' s the guy right at the fucking top. He answers to nobody but shareholders and every other Sony CEO worldwide answers to him. So the guy who' s fucking 100% in charge of the company say' s the launch will be April and it' s " speculation" ???

He was simply wrong. There' s no fucking speculation to it you loser. Howard fucking Stringer has proven that he doesn' t have a clue what the fuck his own company is doing. Perhaps he got confused, perhaps he was passed incorrect information or perhaps that is actually the plan, ...but he said it and he runs the company.

You' re an idiot.
Dagashi

RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 05:53
I' m talking about speculation like this :

EU gamers won' t stand for anymore Sony delay crap, they might possibly be shooting themselves in the foot with regards to this market.

should sony just ignore europe all together?

I think sony already have forgotten about Europe

The Delay was expected, they just keep prolonging the inevitable.

etc.

I' m talking about all these posts about whats going to happen, and how shit has hit the fan, when things are yet to be confirmed. And low and behold, 2 days later, it is said that the guys statement was false, and that it was a mistake. So this whole post, is all for nothing.

You Majik, need to stop jumping to conclusions so fast and calling me an idiot.
Nitro

RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 05:59
Those are called opinions and that' s what those guys are here for, to give their opinion on the topic.

A year overdue, a higher price tag than the rest of the world and the guy in charge of the company saying it could be April. I think Europeans are entitled to bitch all they want. If you don' t like it then just don' t take part in this particular discussion. You weren' t here this time last year, ...y' know, when Sony kept saying they were on track for a Spring 2006 launch, only to fuck everybody and delay the thing. We bitched then, so imagine having to wait another 12 months and still not have the console available here...
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: PS3 EU launch delayed - Jan 19, 2007 09:01
Avarice, u should calm down, this forum its very MS friendly, if SONY takes one wrong step some users are gonna talk about it even if it turns to be a mistake or a misunderstanding , thats just the way things are around here and even so this is one of the best forums out there, u are just gonna have to deal with the good and the bad parts of this place, there are more good thing than bad, so u just have to be patience and calm down, i know u like SONY, i do as well.

About the topic, it was Stingers mistake, not Majiks, speculation was to be spected, this is a forum, anyway, since this was proven to be a misunderstanding its not big deal.

BTW Inmortal and Avarice, u shouldnt start a fight over this, yes inmortal is MS friendly, and yes, avarice is SONY friendly, so what??? let everybody speculate and support whoever he wants, just bear in mind those are opinions and speculations.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 19 Jan 07 1:04:59 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message