Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Outstanding Graphics
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 56
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 07, 2006 14:14
I like the DC version the most because the gameplay is more fluid and intuitive than in the sequels. I wouldn' t say it was button-mashing friendly, not if you used the parry/repel techniques anyway. Also, the design and artistic feel was much greater even though the graphics weren' t as good as in todays games. Many hated the " water colour" backgrounds in SC but I loved them.
The characters were bettter too. They didn' t look as overexaggerated as in the newer games and they had more personality. Nowadays they' re just plain cool, which is boring.
I think the character animation is much worse too. One of the first things I noticed in SC was how lifelike the movements were, especially in the exhibition theater. But in the later games the movements are slower, stiffer and the characters look bigger and uglier. The character who has got the worst " make over" is Mitsurugi. He was incredibly cool in SC but they ruined him in the sequels.
SC started out with class and was an artistic achievement but has now ended up as just another fighting game with overexaggerated characters and graphics.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 07, 2006 14:24
What I meant by button-mashing friendly was in regards to battling against the CPU opponents. I mean most people here already know that there isn' t a competitive bone in this tall, deliciously slender, but ugly Body of mine .

With that said, I could easily button mash my way through games like Dead or Alive 2, Dead or Alive 3, Soul Calibur, and Soul Calibur 2.. Soul Edge wasn' t as forgiving, neither was Soul Calibur 3.

Don' t even entertain the thought of button-mashing in the Virtua Fighter games!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 07, 2006 16:02
...i remember Soul Caliber or Soul Edge on the PSOne and at the the time being very impressed... ..it seemed like the then cutting edge of games tech, and had a certain ' swagger' which eclipsed tekken (3 was it?)

..Soul Caliber 2 seemed like console filler to me, when it came out on xbox.... ..it felt tired, irrelevant and just plain boring... and the voice dubbing as absolutely horrible.... ...compared to DO3, it seemed like a random PS2 port.... the environments were more or less crap as was the overall art direction..... ...I did like Todd Macfarlane' s Spawn and Necred (who seemed wasted somehow).... Taki and Ivy were the only other characters i thought were reasonably well done.... ....SC2 is the most least played game i own....

...SC3 seems even crapper....
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 07, 2006 16:14

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

gangsta always makes posts claiming some random PS2 game has better graphics than an xbox game. This guy is retarded. I remember he claimed GT4 had better graphics than PGR2. Why do you lie to everyone? Anyone who has played both realises you are a complete moron. SC3 has better graphics than DOA3 or DOA2U? LMFAO you are a dumbass. PS2 has inferior graphics to xbox. Stop lying to yourself and everyone else.

LOL!!!

Now i like that. Thankyou!

And you ARE right about PGR2 being visually and technically superior to GT4.

Abasoufiane, just because a game is all shiny doesn' t mean it' s prettier. PGR2 beats it hands down, even in the car modelling. What do you make of PGR3?

Soul Calibur 3 was a complete letdown. I don' t think i read a review that scored it higher than number 2, and tons of sites gave SC on Dreamcast 10/10. It was certainly the highlight of the series. But, ...hand to hand is better. Tekken is better than Soul Calibur, Dead Or Alive is better than Tekken, and Virtua Fighter is better than them all.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 07, 2006 16:42

Abasoufiane, just because a game is all shiny doesn' t mean it' s prettier. PGR2 beats it hands down, even in the car modelling

GT4 have cars better modeled than PG3 no doubt, GT4 is a reference in that, forza is the prettiest car game in xbox, and ign and some other websites said as well that it doesn' t match GT4 car model, you don' t even have to read that, it' s obvious.

about soul calibur

reviewers sometimes give a crappy score because they think the game is not much different of its predecessors. your argument to show that SC is better than SC3 is irrelevent. of course SC will earn 10/10 that was almost a revolution in the fighting game, it was extremly good for its time, what fighting games were before ?? tekken 3???? lol

SC 3 has everything that SC has and more, it just doesn' t have the same impact as SC had because there is no major jump in any area " gameplay, graphics, sounds"
don' t forget that reviewers weren' t forgivable because of the absence of the online mode!!

and by the way, Gamespot gave SC3 the best fighting game of the year so it' s not crap as some say, there was tekken 5 and DOA4 as well in taht year
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 8 Jan 06 0:46:43 >
Nitro

RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 06:32

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

Abasoufiane, just because a game is all shiny doesn' t mean it' s prettier. PGR2 beats it hands down, even in the car modelling

GT4 have cars better modeled than PG3 no doubt, GT4 is a reference in that, forza is the prettiest car game in xbox, and ign and some other websites said as well that it doesn' t match GT4 car model, you don' t even have to read that, it' s obvious.

about soul calibur

reviewers sometimes give a crappy score because they think the game is not much different of its predecessors. your argument to show that SC is better than SC3 is irrelevent. of course SC will earn 10/10 that was almost a revolution in the fighting game, it was extremly good for its time, what fighting games were before ?? tekken 3???? lol

SC 3 has everything that SC has and more, it just doesn' t have the same impact as SC had because there is no major jump in any area " gameplay, graphics, sounds"
don' t forget that reviewers weren' t forgivable because of the absence of the online mode!!

and by the way, Gamespot gave SC3 the best fighting game of the year so it' s not crap as some say, there was tekken 5 and DOA4 as well in taht year

Calm down dude, like i said, it comes down to personal preference (and good taste!), regarding Soul Calibur. But 3, is nowhere near as good as 1 or 2 (that' s MY take).

Comparing GT4 to PGR3 is lunnacy. Forza isn' t the best looking racing game on Xbox, PGR2 is, Forza has more depth. But perhaps you should spend some time playing PGR3 and use the photo mode (i know there' s one in GT4 too) and just look at the cars. Most games have accurate car modelling down to a T now, but all of the inside of the car is modelled as well, along with a happy little driver etc... Then, if you take a lookmat the tyres, metal texture, plastic texture on the car, you' ll find it superior. Add to that a list of licienced cars Sony couldn' t afford, then damage modelling (ok so it' s not realistic damage modelling but it' s still there), better gameplay (again MY preference) and it' s evident you' re looking at a better game. The car models in GT4 are nice, but they just covered them in reflective maps and had done with it, ...Bizarre put proper textures on all parts of the car. A PS2 game can' t compare visually to a 360 game. Simple.
ginjirou

RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 13:23
SC3 is good but I still find SC more enjoyable. Mostly because some things in the original game has been made slightly different and, in my opinion, to the worse. It' s has nothing to do with the fact that SC was released ages ago. I' m playing SC because i find it more fun and clean than SC3, not because it was good " back then" . I don' t give a f**k what reviewers think.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 15:02
HAlo score Vs Dragon Quest VIII? Well maybe close but not as good as DQ8.

GT4 is a really good looking game - Check Forza reviews on the net (because I was saying it looks better than forza you moron) and you' ll find the same opinion in many.

SC3 is not technically better than DOA3 I know that and I wrote it for all you angry kids.I' m saying that it is designed so cool with cool lights and atmosphere (not all levels like I said ) that it really blew me away.(blew ME away - read that again - it says ME)

Locopuyo don' t waste my time with your bitchin and poor insults - this is gamers talking ,you might want to stand back for a minute , since we expect at least basic knowledge of the titles we mention.

All you can do is make me a PS2 Fanboy hehe what a looser - I got PS2 like a week ago.

WOW Xbox is more powerful? Some knowledge you' ve got there HAHAHAHAHHA

Guess what X360 is more powerful than PSone ..what you knew that? damn you' re good.

You' re tu fuckin stupid to even understand a post and reply to it hehehe that' s really bad haha
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 8 Jan 06 23:08:01 >
Nitro

RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 15:03

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

SC3 is good but I still find SC more enjoyable. Mostly because some things in the original game has been made slightly different and, in my opinion, to the worse. It' s has nothing to do with the fact that SC was released ages ago. I' m playing SC because i find it more fun and clean than SC3, not because it was good " back then" . I don' t give a f**k what reviewers think.

Huh? SC got 10/10 on loads of sights. SC3 sucks compared to other fighters. Most of us here agree that the original is the better game, which is what the reviews show. Unless your talking about Gamespot giving it ' fighter of teh year' thingy, which is just stupid. Gamespot sucks ass. IGN, Kikizo, 1UP are much better!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 15:24
gangsta = hypocrit
seriously dude, give it up, everyone is sick of your straight up lies.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 15:54
duuude i must have been drunk or something how could i say GT4 has better car modeling than PGR3 ok sorry Majikdra6on i didn' t mean 3 but 2 i mean PGR2 , that' s why i used the quote , i don' t know how the hell i ended up writing PGR3, probably because it' s in my head lately daaamn it

could you hguess at least that i might have made a mistake (3 instead of 2) i can' t be that lunatic but you don' t know me so it' s all right, you can expect everything from people so i understand you for that
Nitro

RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 16:00

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

duuude i must have been drunk or something how could i say GT4 has better car modeling than PGR3 ok sorry Majikdra6on i didn' t mean 3 but 2 i mean PGR2 , that' s why i used the quote , i don' t know how the hell i ended up writing PGR3, probably because it' s in my head lately daaamn it

could you hguess at least that i might have made a mistake (3 instead of 2) i can' t be that lunatic but you don' t know me so it' s all right, you can expect everything from people so i understand you for that

Ha, yeah i realised early on what you meant, i just found it amusing.

OK, so GT4' s cars are modelled to a better standard than PGR2, i admit it. But PGR2 is a pretty game and with the tracks it comes close.

Ha, PGR3 is addictive. I got both NFS;MW and RR6 too and RR sucks ad i stopped playing NFS when i was 4 from the top, i' ve just been playing PGR3.

Cestation of hostilities? Friends?
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 19:22
I Just played the new DOA on my 360, and while it looks pretty the gameplay is pure crap. Tekken Tag remains the top dog as far as fighters go, Soul Caliber series isn' t bad either. The thing I hate about DOA is that its too fast and focuses more on breast physics then a functional combat system, I guess that' s two things. I hate the fact that the women are faster/better then the men. I don' t like playing as women so I feel like the game isn' t playable. Who' s bright idea was it to include women in fighting games in the first place ayways (there' s no logic in that) and why are they faster? AS far as I' m conserned DOA is targeted towards 12 year old boys whos testicals just dropped. DOA is just mediocre at best. The only thing I like about the new DOA is the new online lobby.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 19:32

I Just played the new DOA on my 360, and while it looks pretty the gameplay is pure crap. Tekken Tag remains the top dog as far as fighters go, Soul Caliber series isn' t bad either. The thing I hate about DOA is that its too fast and focuses more on breast physics then a functional combat system, I guess that' s two things. I hate the fact that the women are faster/better then the men. I don' t like playing as women so I feel like the game isn' t playable. Who' s bright idea was it to include women in fighting games in the first place ayways (there' s no logic in that) and why are they faster?

LOL, WOW, sexist much?

I personally love playing as women in fighting games. The majority of the times that I play games from the Virtua Fighter series I play as Aoi or Pai.

Women characters in fighting games and beat-em ups have traditionally had a speed advantage over their physically stronger male counterparts. I' ve always been a fan of speed over strength so I tend to play as speedy females or males..
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 08, 2006 20:22
I think the gameplay is awesome. The game really tests your patern recognition and reflexes. Even against the AI. I think the combat sytstem is extremely balanced. There is always something you can do to counter your opponent and you always have to be thinking what the best move to make at the moment is.

I guess if you aren' t into fast games DOA isn' t for you.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 09, 2006 00:37

Doeasn' t sound as good as DC version? DC had the worst quality sound in the series - SoulEdge was better - those " tunes" in DC version where nice but kind of flat.

Admittedly Soul Calibur had compressed music and the compression artifacts are audible if you listen for them. But the composition of much of the music is indeed better than much of Soul Calibur 2 and 3 (which share a large portion of their soundtrack).

Far better than those fixed panel LCD or Plasma which ruin the image via upscanning.

My TV does not upscan a 480p image. My TV displays 480p at 480p. I see jaggies. My TV is the Sony 34XBR960, one of the best (if not THE best) CRT HDTVs out there. And CRT' s have the sharpest image of any HDTV technology at the moment, they just weigh 9,000 pounds and don' t come in giganto-huge screen sizes.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 09, 2006 03:28
Locopuyo since when did you become the voice of KIKIZO FORUMS?
What a silly fool ...

Joe - in that case I agree - the compositions where great , but that compression really made it just
" good" for me - I couldn' t listen to it on the go or through my STEREO.

I Just played the new DOA on my 360, and while it looks pretty the gameplay is pure crap. Tekken Tag remains the top dog as far as fighters go, Soul Caliber series isn' t bad either. The thing I hate about DOA is that its too fast and focuses more on breast physics then a functional combat system, I guess that' s two things. I hate the fact that the women are faster/better then the men. I don' t like playing as women so I feel like the game isn' t playable. Who' s bright idea was it to include women in fighting games in the first place ayways (there' s no logic in that) and why are they faster?

I think it' s better to have game with breasts physics than one with no physics at all (tekken).
I really enjoyed Tekken games and T3 was my favourite - and than I played Dead or Alive 2 on DC (my favourite of Doa' s - it' s mainly cause it had such a big impact on me) witch gorgeous graphics , smooth " anime style" animation and multi level stages with cool interaction.Tekken is just boring for me now.Soul Calibur on the other hand is the most spectacular , fun and deep fighting experience (maybe beside VF4) I' ve had and it' s been this way since Soul Edge.
SC2 was a game that should have never been done - SC3 should' ve been SC2.

Still having that said I think that DoA and SC complete each other in some aspects.I love to have both , cause I often feel like having SC or DoA experience depending on mood and shit.I' d say that they are equally entertaining but in different ways.
Nitro

RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 09, 2006 03:54
This is more like it. A proper debate!

Tekken Tag was a good launch game but just a rehash of Tekken 3 with a slightly different take on things. Tekken 4 sucked ass. Tekken 5 made things a little more complicated, is very balanced and requires real skill to pull off the heavier hitting moves.

DoA3 dissappointed me in many respects and i regard DoA Ultimate as a better game, it just feels right. But, ....DoA4 has got me hooked, it' s seriously addictive. It' s much harder to counter and doesn' t play like the previous games, even moves have been revomed or changed, it feel like a totally different fighter.

DoA4 beats Tekken 5 hands down, it' s more technical. Ok, so VF4;Evo FT beats them all, and VF5 will be THE fighter for the next couple of years, but right now DoA4 is up there. Tekken has got a little boring for me and going back to it after playing DoA4, it just feels unresponsive and clumsy.

And Game Junkie, BREASTS ARE THE BEST THING EVER! Some of the best characters in fighting games are the females. It started with Chun Li! Are you gay?
ginjirou

RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 09, 2006 04:37
It' s been scientificly proved in the field of psychiatry that men likes breasts because it reminds them about their mothers. About the time when you were having milk, you know. Exaggerated interest in womens breast is a sign of a child being ignored by his mother in the first years of his life. At least that' s what I' ve heard.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 9 Jan 06 12:38:19 >
Nitro

RE: Outstanding Graphics - Jan 09, 2006 04:50

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

It' s been scientificly proved in the field of psychiatry that men likes breasts because it reminds them about their mothers. About the time when you were having milk, you know. Exaggerated interest in womens breast is a sign of a child being ignored by his mother in the first years of his life. At least that' s what I' ve heard.

GAY!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 56

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread