Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No need for Blu-Ray yet?!
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 87 of 87
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: No need for Blu-Ray yet?! - Oct 01, 2006 10:28

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Americans think that the price is steep, perhaps you can explain why?

That' s simply untrue, americans are perfectly fine with the price, we aren' t retards that just adopted DVD technology last year like most of europe, we keep up with the times. It' s easier for americans to accept the price because we aren' t so short-sided, like the typical clueless european that doesnt even know what bluray is. We understand 100% what we' re getting with the systems and realize it is actually a bargain. Hell, most of us think Sony is stupid for selling a next gen Movie player and Next Gen console combo for just $500, they could easily get away with more.

If you' re that poor making $500 a week then put it on a credit card and pay it off.

Dude, you kill me. You' re like the funniest person who posts here. Don' t ever stop!

What did you say you did again?!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: No need for Blu-Ray yet?! - Oct 01, 2006 12:00

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Back then it looked no better than CoD2, not CoD3. Right now from what I' ve seen it looks on par with CoD3.

Are you trying to say cod 2 looks better then cod 3?

No, read the post again. I' m saying when shown playable at E3 and I actually had my hands on it Resistence looked on par with CoD2. Now that it has had more developement time the game looks improved and on par with CoD3 which is a step up from CoD2 by a decent amount.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: No need for Blu-Ray yet?! - Oct 01, 2006 12:06

No, read the post again. I' m saying when shown playable at E3 and I actually had my hands on it Resistence looked on par with CoD2. Now that it has had more developement time the game looks improved and on par with CoD3 which is a step up from CoD2 by a decent amount.

ok I get it now, not sure how I missed that.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: No need for Blu-Ray yet?! - Oct 01, 2006 17:42

That' s simply untrue, americans are perfectly fine with the price, we aren' t retards that just adopted DVD technology last year like most of europe, we keep up with the times. It' s easier for americans to accept the price because we aren' t so short-sided, like the typical clueless european that doesnt even know what bluray is. We understand 100% what we' re getting with the systems and realize it is actually a bargain. Hell, most of us think Sony is stupid for selling a next gen Movie player and Next Gen console combo for just $500, they could easily get away with more.

If you' re that poor making $500 a week then put it on a credit card and pay it off.

I agree with the exception of these parts:

we aren' t retards that just adopted DVD technology last year like most of europe

C' mon! That really shows you' re either joking or just messing with us.

they could easily get away with more.

Nah, only very interested tech-freaks but the average guy (even in the U.S.) won' t bother wasting more than $500-$600 on it.

Silent

You can compress a lot of data and have it fit on a DVD9 but that will degrade the quality and put more strain on the cpu as high compression methods use more proccessing power (this matters when you are streaming the data while playing).

Are you sure. After reading quez' s post it seems compressing is only good.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 Oct 06 9:42:36 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: No need for Blu-Ray yet?! - Oct 01, 2006 19:22
its funny that PS3 has blue ray which has more capacity yet the games typicaly use less capacity than the 360 games. Since it only has 256 MB of memory available to the GPU they can' t have as many or as detailed textures loaded into memory as 360 so there will be less on the disc as well.
The only good it is for is movies. And HD-DVDs fit a whole 1080p movie on one disc anyways. GG nubs
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: No need for Blu-Ray yet?! - Oct 02, 2006 00:29
It would also be interesting to know why there is missing 20 leagues on the 360-version of FIFA `07, compared to the PS2 and XBox version.. :-/

Is it because the improved graphics-, and physics-engine takes up larger chunk of space on the DVD, and therefore it' s only room for the data of only the six biggest european leagues, instead of 28 leagues as it is in the PS2/XBox versions, or if there are other reasons. :-/

If I were getting the game, I would have to get the PS2 or XBox version to play with my favourite team, SK Brann, forinstance..
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: No need for Blu-Ray yet?! - Oct 02, 2006 00:46

It would also be interesting to know why there is missing 20 leagues on the 360-version of FIFA `07, compared to the PS2 and XBox version.. :-/

Is it because the improved graphics-, and physics-engine takes up larger chunk of space on the DVD, and therefore it' s only room for the data of only the six biggest european leagues, instead of 28 leagues as it is in the PS2/XBox versions, or if there are other reasons. :-/

If I were getting the game, I would have to get the PS2 or XBox version to play with my favourite team, SK Brann, forinstance..

Maybe its because of the amount of work it takes´to make the details on football players on a lot of leagues thats mostly just useless anyway! Its just the colour on their shorts anyway
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 87 of 87

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message