Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 10:11
Hello everyone. I am not trying to sound like a fanboy, but even nintendo is surprised, it even beat their prediction of 10 million DSes sold by March of ' 06 and they have already reached more then 13 Million.
Just wanted to share this bit of information. Get this bit of info 8 out of the top 10 games sold in japan belong to the DS and Nintendo apologized for it being sold out.

week Dec 26-Jan 1st
1. NDS - Brain Training 2 - Nintendo - 414,556 (NEW)
2. NDS - Animal Crossing: Wild World - Nintendo - 205,119 (1,382,228) - 6th week
3. NDS - Mario Kart DS - Nintendo - 168,680 (836,478) - 4th week
4. PS2 - Kingdom Hearts 2 - Square Enix - 156,837 (884,428) - 2nd week
5. NDS - Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (Brain Training for Adults - 153,189 (1,157,870) - 33rd week
6. PS2 - Front Mission 5 - Square Enix - 146,209 (NEW)
7. NDS - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - 132,726 (NEW)
8. NDS - Yawaraka Atama Juku (Brain Training for Kids) - Nintendo - 82,789 (935,535) - 26th week
9. NDS - Tamagotchi no PuchiPuchi Omisecchi - Bandai - 63,433 (784,537) - 16th week
10. NDS - Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Blue - Pokemon - 61,154 (572,858) - 7th week

Also here are the final sales for the year.

Japanese hardware sales for December 26 - January 1:

System - Weekly sales (Final 2005 sales numbers)

NDS - 390,181 (4,151,356)
PSP - 110,741 (2,200,610)
PS2 - 78,646 (1,968,846)
GBASP - 15,998 (696,262)
NGC - 12,579 (273,180)
XBX360 - 12,300 (70,567)
GBM - 11,234 (415,088)
GBA - 447 (25,180)
XBX - 121 (12,016)

The DS is destroying everything else. I just want to say haha to all those people who thought the PSP would mangle the DS.

This proves graphics are not that important and gameplay is. Which is a good sign of things to come for the Revolution :-)

as the saying goes " beauty is only skin deep"
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 10:25
I have a PSP but when I visit my friend I always borrow his DS because the games on the DS are so much more fun. I also think that except for the raw power, the DS system has more quality over all. So if you like games then the DS is much greater than the PSP.
But the PSP is still superior when it comes to other things such as movies, music and photo and that' s what makes the PSP so great.
If you look at the sales figures it seems that people prefer portable games (DS) more than portable movies and music (PSP). Maybe because many cellphones has the ability play the same stuff the PSP can.
Anyway, long live the DS.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Jan 06 18:26:30 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 10:55
Yeah the PSP does do more stuff but to me the UMD movies is a waste of money if i wanted to watch a movie i would watch my " normal" DVD' s on a portable DVD player with a 10" screen and my cell phone plays MP3s and plus nowadays portable Mp3 players are the norm so why would people replace them. Plus not to bad mouth the PSP because as soon as the price drops and the good games like RPGs come out for it i will get one. But the PSP is very fragile and with my DS i can just throw it in my pocket and go but you can' t with the PSP which is why i think it' s funny that people claim the DS is bulky and the PSP isn' t when the PSP is much more bulky then the DS. Plus i hate how the PSP smudges so easily.

By the way have you seen the weird ass new commercials for the PSP? FIrst it was people throwing it around (yeah liek that would happen haha ) and now it' s the new cartoons squirels talking abut weird crap and one slogan i thought was funny went something like " the PSP it' s like cheese you can take" out and i am thinking what the hell does the PSP have to do with cheese
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 11:06
1. Portable DVD players aren' t as portable as a PSP.. I can simply just reach into my coat pocket for my PSP and movies/games without it being a hassle..

As for the DS, those sales aren' t awesome, they' re F***ING PHENOMENALLY AWESOME, specifically the week it sold 602,000 units. No piece of gaming hardware has ever sold even close to that amount post-launch.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 11:29
yeah it sold over a million units in just japan only 2 weeks. This weeks sales would have been higher if they didn' t sell out. Animal crossing and Brain trianing adults one (with the kids one right on it' s heals) surpassed a million with mario kart also on it' s way. Also the Mario brothers isn' t even out yet and not mention the Mistwalker RPGs and the Children of mana game which looks cool. SO there are TONS of grerat games on the horizon for the DS. I have 9 games i FINALLY beat the campaign mode on Advance Wars DS with a S ranking (DAMN that was a LONG and hard game but VERY fun and VERY addicting game which requires ALOT of thinking and planning and redoing it) i just got Metroid Pinball.

Well Nintendo is still undeafeated in the portable realm beating every competitor that has been thrown at them.

I hope the Rev gets this much support :-)

which games does everyone have?

1. Super Mario 64
2. Advance Wars DS
3. Zoo Keeper (a underrated game which is fun and addicting and only $20)
4. Polarium (also underrated)
5. Snood 2 (it was only $10 hehe)
6. Puyo Puyo Fever
7. Mario Kart (which i just got but was waiting to finish Advance wars to get into)
8. Lunar (same with Mario kart)
9. Metriod Pinball
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 11:59
it' s a shame that whenever someone has something good to say about N he needs to say or prove he' s not a fanboy :)

So many haters out there

Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 12:07
who are you talking about? i am a fan of nintendo but i am not a close minded " fanboy" i have all 3 but i like Nintendo the best.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 12:34
You got it all wrong :)

I' m saying it sux that people feel they need to say they' re not fanboys when they compliment Nintendo.

That term is really used to often for no reason and it mainly targets people who don' t say " how N is stupid" and stuff.

Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 12:40
i don' t want to upset some people and i know nintendo has them as well but it seems that Sony and MS have the biggest close minded fanboys who think their system is the only right one and bash everything else. Well that is how i feeland have noticed. Real video games fans play everything and play for the games and not because it' s for that system. They all have great games.
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 13:58
When it comes to fanboy-ism, I think it' s really hard to be completely neutral. With time, everyone finds a company they like more than others. But as a former Sega-fan it' s much easier to be neutral since Sega now develops for all consoles
Man, did I have a hard time during the Saturn days. Every PS owner laughed at the Saturn
About the PSP again. Sure mp3s are smaller, portable DVDs have bigger screens (too big to be portable imo) and the DS have better games and the cell can do most of the things but with less power. But what device can do it all with overwhelming class and quality? The PSP. The PSPs design, portability, quality and functionality is simply amazing for a system that does it all.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Jan 06 22:04:21 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 14:02
I prefer Nintendo because i grew up with them and they are not as arrogant (they were with the old hard ass president but Satoru Iwata seems liek a nice cool guy taking them in the right direction). Plus they care more about fun then just a boring game with pretty looks.

I love all my Sega stuff it' s just a shame Sega didn' t support their stuff better and had better 3rd party support for it. I even had the limited blue game gear :-)
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 14:14
I don' t like it when people talk about Nintendo like it is the friendliest company in the world. It' s pretty obvious why Satoru is president at Nintendo and why they are stressing that fun is more important than pretty looks in a game: Money!
They have said it themselves: Nintendo' s intention is making money. And since they have seen that non-gamers and casual gamers have deep pockets, they have chosen to reach out to them with the DS and Revolution. And it worked! This " Mr. Nice Guy" face they have put on which is embodied by Satoru Iwata has sure helped them.
If they thought they would' ve made more money by making better graphics, you bet they would' ve gone that way instead.
But of course, they do make great games and consoles.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Jan 06 22:19:28 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 14:30
of course, like i was told at best buy " Revenue is king" but it' s better then Mr. Kutaragi' s saying " i want people to work more hours to be able to afford our stuff" (but if we work more hours how can we play?) and " the PS3 is not a game machine it' s a super computer for the home" honestly my prediction is that 90% of the people who get a PS3 will use it only for games and Movies and won' t care or think about it as a super computer it' s a game machine hence the name PLAYSTATION which isn' t even their name, Nintendo gave it that name and they just stuck with it.

Not to seem mean or bashing but Sony quality has gone way down and my co-workers and friends have said the same thing. My Sony dvd player died within a couple months.

Nintendo was king in the SNES days and they got arrogant just liek Sony is now beccause they were #1 and now that they are dead last they have re-thought their position and look at them now. WHen you are at the top power corupts and the only way to go is down. WHen you are down and if you don' t give up and think of new cool stuff you rise from the ashes like the Phoenix.

Look at the PSP vs DS dead pixel issue. THe DS had 1 dead pixel and mostly all of them were on the top screen where it didn' t even matter or was even that noticeable and Nintendo apologized and offer to return it for a FREE NEW ONE. Sony on the other hand had like clusters of dead pixels and they said sorry dead pixels are not covered by the warrantee so basically TS. HMMM I wonder why Nintendo has a nice guy image and Sony has a arrgoant one.
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 14:38
Sony are arrogant because they know they will succeed regardless. Nintendo has to be respected for something, they have chosen quality and thus they replace the DS' s.
My PSP have 3 dead pixels but it took me 1.5 hours to find them and they only show when the screen is very dark. And then you still have to look really carefully to even notice them so people, please, don' t get too scared by the dead pixel problem.
Sony makes a lot of products so it' s impossible to keep top quality all the time. I think they make very valuable products in general.
Nintendo on the other hand only have to care about the DS and the NGC.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Jan 06 22:39:30 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 14:47
Sony used to be the best in quality now alot of peopel like my friend REFUSE to busy anythign Sony because of the problems they have had in the past 10 years. EVen though she wants to play games on the PS2 she will not buy one especially when she hears people say they' s has broke. I had 2 PS1' s and 2 PS2s. I will not buy a PSP until the price drops and there are games i have to play i wil not buy one just to buy because there are other things that do it better. I used to like Sony but i have lost faith in them from stuff i have seen returned and stuff i bought that had died fast luckily i paid for the extra warrantee.

Nintnendo also has the GBA, GBA SP, and the GBA micro. Also like i said i grew up with nintendo and they have the best and most well know of any franchises. Mario, zelda, Metroid, pokemon, donkey kong, etc...
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 14:55
Well I don' t care what your friend thinks about Sony.
Do you remember the problems with the N64 analogue sticks? No you don' t because in your eyes Nintendo is the best.
Nintendo has made three versions of the GBA simply because it generates money. The same reason Sony made PSTwo (slim).
I also grew up with Nintendo and I now play my GC most frequently. And I know Nintendo does have better quality than Sony. But Sony' s products are still amazing and worth the money and the amount of good 1st and 3rd party franchises for the PS2 far outnumbers those for Nintendos consoles.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 15:59
ginjirou you should really realize that these companies need money and what they do they do form money and that doesn' t make them Uber Evil - saying that makes you look like a kid who' s mad that chocolate isn' t free.
(hmm that actually made me mad ...)

You shouldn' t go the easy way - saying he' s a fanboy.

People buy new N products because they significantly improve the experience - GBA over GB color / GBA SP over GBA etc.

PSP is a great hardware for someone who wants something like PSP.Some prefer DS and that' s cool at least everyone has a choice

PS2 however is a very cheap system - that can break just like that (especially PSTWO slim V12 and some first models) because it was manufactured with " not that high" quality components.

Sony is lying so much like with Killzone demo.

MS is using the hype but it never crosses the line of Bullshit.

Nintendo is on the opposite side - being honest to gamer and it' s a huge mistake since a little bit of hype can' t hurt them.Still that' s why people respect them.

And it' s really easy to luv those guys - they deliver N quality since day one and it doeasn' t matter that GCN wasn' t that cool cause it had those few pearls people want from N.

Sega? I don' t know what' s going on in there - Shadow of the Hedgehog is the worst game I' ve played lately and Sega' s done it.Back in Dreamcast days they were simply the best (at least for me) and now ...8/10 is the top score they can get (with a few exceptions like Outrun 2 and Virtua Fighter).

But this may change since they seem to be preparing for a large scale assault.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 16:07

Sega? I don' t know what' s going on in there - Shadow of the Hedgehog is the worst game I' ve played lately and Sega' s done it.Back in Dreamcast days they were simply the best (at least for me) and now ...8/10 is the top score they can get (with a few exceptions like Outrun 2 and Virtua Fighter).

Don' t forget Ryu ga Gotoku which scored a 10, 10, 9, 10 from Famitsu!!
Phoenixxx1974

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 06, 2006 16:08
what analog problems i read the news al lthe time and i don' t remember any problems with the analog. I am not saying Nintendo is the best and they never make mistakes i have a virtua boy and although i thought it was cool and it bombed and could have been alot better it was still a awesome first try. THey have made mistakes because they were #1 and power corrupts espcially if you are aragont like the last president was his nick name was " hardass." I will admit they have mistakes like sticking with cartridges which lost them the suport of Square-Enix which is the main reason why the PS1 did so well because of FF7 which was suposed to be on the N64. Plus Sony wouldn' t even BE in ythe video game business if it wasn' t for nintendo but Sony wanted full control over the " playstation" CD drive add one for the SNES that Nintendo said no this is our device we want to have most of the control so they ended the contract. Hey if it works don' t mess with it which is why they have so many GB incarnations. Hell you would do the same thing.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo DS fasting selling console in Japan' s History - Jan 07, 2006 04:21
well you don' t need no news for that one - the analog for N64 was crappy and it got worse and worse with time.

Try buying used N64 and check how it works :)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message