Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninamega?
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 02:27
What if, and this is the mother of all what ifs' ..
Sega, namco and nintendo started working together on more projects.
And soon, one thing led to another..And they merged?

Would you think this would be a good thing?
What types of games would you want to see for the " Ninamega" (I coined it, so i should get paid when/if it happens)

And what would happen to sony and microsoft if this gaming godzilla were to happen?

Your thoughts please?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 03:32
First I' d love Sega and Nintendo to merge - Sega has everything that N lacks - racing games , some action titles and so on.

Add Square Enix or Capcom and you have a winner.

I don' t care for namco much (SC is awesome but that' s it)

Sega plus Nintendo - what would happen to Sony? I wouldn' t care about sony at all
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 03:47
I don' t like Namco. With the exception of the Tekken series i think all their games suck, including the Soul Calibur games that have gone downhill since the Dreamcast original.

Sega and Nintendo combining would be great for Nintendo, and i had that exact same conversation with Quez earlier today, but it would be bad for gamers in general, forcing them to buy a specific console to play Sega games.

The same question could be asked about Microsoft and Sega though. Microsoft is the only one who could afford it anyway but Sega simply would never consider it, ...or should i say Sammy.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 03:50
I would have thought if sega was to merge with anyone it would be microsoft I think they' ve been kinda pally these days but i would mind if they merged with anyone so long as it ain' t sony...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 04:10
Gamers would be ok since they could play great lineup of Nintendo games:

F-Zero,Zelda,Metroid,MArio and so on

and

VF,Afterburner,Outrun,Shenmue,Sonic (hopefully good one),Sega Rally and so on

That kind of system would be awesome under one condition - that Sega we' re talking about should be the great Sega that made big hits one by one - not the present Sega.

I have to admit I' m giving guys from Sega one more chance - Virtua Tennis 3 , Sega Rally Revo, Virtua Fighter 5,Afterburner,Sonic - all those games seem cool , but if they make them crap (definitely not talking about VF5 here) then they' re as good as dead to me.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 05:23
Well I don' t have the greatest faith in sega these days, with the crap they churn out title after title.
I doubt that sega and nintendo together would hold up against sony or microsoft (well, maybe in Japan) in the state they are in now. Money wise they couldn' t compete technically with MS or Sony, and I think for the most part the companies are too different to agree on a single console. Nintendo like to think outside the box, and sega are very conventional in their games, Sure some would work with Wii, but most would be soggy and horrible.

I' d say It' s too late for that dream, take it back to megadrive/snes era, making a new system together against PSX and your on to a winner
whiteguysamurai

RE: Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 09:39
It' s all just a what if.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 23:31
Sega would bring down the quailty of every nintendo game, foceing Sonic as a new unlockable playable chararter. Fun times.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 29, 2006 23:37
Silentbomber, that would be Sonic Team that brings Mario down, not all of Sega. The guys doing Hokuto no Ken, Outrun, and Guilty Gear are not letting me down. My hopes for an amazing 3d Sonic, though, are virtually out the window.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Ninamega? - Apr 30, 2006 00:21
I guess you should see the new version of Outrun 2 - it' s totaly fucked up (Xbox and PS2 version) comparing to first O2 for Xbox

OR Sega Rally for PS2 - now that' s what I call Neo-Sega - a brand new company that does little more than crappy games.

Money wise they couldn' t compete technically with MS or Sony, and I think for the most part the companies are too different to agree on a single console.

Sega maybe , but Nintendo has the potential (financial) to make 2 failure systems and have enough to launch the third.It is a common misonception that Nintendo can' t afford it.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 30, 2006 02:03
I' m not THAT nitpicky, so I could not tell much of a difference between OR2 and OR2006 save for looonger load times (especially for the first race), the terrible fourth hardest map on the OR2SP grid, and the broken Outrun class of vehicles, partially due to the fact that I' m playing the game on a 12 year old, ancient 47" rear end ' jector screen that is < regular res. Please enlighten me with your sharper eye, ]GaNgStA[.
whiteguysamurai

RE: Ninamega? - Apr 30, 2006 06:24
This is kikizo silent bomber, you have to love sega to be here.

Besides, have you " played" mario sunshine? Pii-eeew!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 30, 2006 06:33
I' ve always wanted Sega and Namco to merge. They have way more in common than most other gaming companies do. Throwing Nintendo into the mix only sweetens an already incredibly SWEET cake. As for what would happen, well if they can get Square Enix to actually bring their big franchises over to their console then I' d see major success in all 3 territories.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 30, 2006 07:06
It would be ok I suppose. They would do well in Japan. Im not so sure about sonic team because lets face it all the 3D sonic games suck. As for namco, I thought We Love Katamari was brilliant and so was soulcalibur but thats really it.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Ninamega? - Apr 30, 2006 07:10
Well they also do a good job on ace combat

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages