Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 14, 2006 23:44
Marvellous, this is truly next gen , bravo bravo

i hope that this quality is reflected in game and not only cut scenes...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 00:18
Well, for you to make a comparison, ...these are ingame...

The game uses a dynamic camera (so you won' t have any control over it), and shows the action from the most cinematic viewpoint.

It' s gonna be a killer app for 360, ...and it' s a trilogy too so if this looks this good now, imagine what the 3rd one will be like!
QuezcatoL

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 00:22
It use unreal engine 3.0 and use its own camera angels and music after how you play,if you like to go in very close with your big sword you gonna get close up cameras with rock music :P

Also it supports co-op xbl with 3 players.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 02:10
no need to post photos - it' s no longer impressive - I mean it looks amazing but after you' ve seen one game based on unreal , it' s like you' ve seen them all.The only difference will come from the gameplay and stuff.
Terrell

• Total Posts : 1
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 07:01

no need to post photos - it' s no longer impressive - I mean it looks amazing but after you' ve seen one game based on unreal , it' s like you' ve seen them all.The only difference will come from the gameplay and stuff.

No offense, but I' ve lurked on this forum for quite a while, and you make a lot of ridiculous comments. UE3 does not make all games look alike. UE3 is not responsible for making any game look a certain way. It' s the developers that make games look the way they do. Stop blaming the Unreal 3 engine for your disappointment in the way games look.

Just to pretty much destroy that stupid comment, I give you BIA3, which is using the Unreal 3 engine. It looks nothing like Gears of War, UT, or Too Human. Then again, Too Human doesn' t look like those games either. It' s a fantastic engine, despite your whining.

< Message edited by Terrell -- 14 Apr 06 23:03:02 >
Nitro

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 07:57
You' ve lurked on this forum for a while?!

Creepy!

So what, you joined today to snipe at his comments, call them rediculous and tell him you mean no offense?! Grow up!

You may think you' re smart but his comments hold presidence.

This is UT2007

Gears of War

...and Too Human

You don' t see some similarities?!

Now as you rightly point out, BiA3 looks different to those games, but why does it? Filters. The engine works a specific way, it renders textures a certain way. But when you apply a filter, or in this case multiple filters, you can easily alter the look of the game.

Lost Odyssey will use the Unreal Engine 3.0, and Sakaguchi himself said that to get away from the shiny textures the engine produces, evident in other games using the engine, they are having to use several filters to get their desired result.

But how are you so sure he was even talking about the visuals at face value. I mean, i can tell you just by looking at a games screenshots whether or not it is running on the Quake 3 engine (a very popular engine at one point, used in many games), and they all looked very different (mostly) to Quake 3 Arena.

My point is that game engines can be recognisable, and game engines produce similar results in the different title that use them.

Mass Effect uses the same engine and i can see similarities in that too.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 08:15
A thing that disturbes me is that almost all of the games that uses the Unreal Engine have the same art style. It' s like there' s some concept artist who makes concept art for all Unreal Enginge games. Just look at the characters, they don' t look exactly the same but they sure as hell could' ve been done by the same artist. As I said in another thread, what happened to the artists that gave us unique designs?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Apr 06 0:16:18 >
QuezcatoL

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 08:50
Also doom3/quake4 and prey look the same and yes they share the same engine.
Nitro

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 08:54
So does Prey.

How did i miss that you' d already said it?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 15 Apr 06 0:55:05 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 09:36
I think too human looks, great.

Its true most U3 titles have a certain shine to them, but i kinda think GoW likes slightly a part from the others, maybe its just me!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 10:18

i kinda think GoW likes slightly a part from the others, maybe its just me

nah, it' s not just you. Now, maybe it' s the filters, but there' s definately an artistic difference in GoW.

Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 10:37
People are comparing... the look of too human to gears of war and unreal 2k7, now i' ve seen it all. There is a significant difference and it seems to me the only argument people have to justify the games looking the same are ridiculous things such as " Hey look they are both wearing red" or " Hey look both of them are shiny too" The engine doesn' t determine the look of the games the artist determine that.

Fact is there are easily visable differences in the art design of games like too human, mass effect or gears of war. People look at a game and spot a wall they think looks like a wall in this game and think they can instantly say something such as " seen one unreal 3 game seen them all." I' m willing to bet if this was on the ps3 no such comment would be made.

Too Human looks nothing like Gears of War or Unreal 2k7, but by all means anyone feel free to give me some legit examples of why these games " look the same." Please I want to hear stuff that makes sense I don' t want to hear pointless things such as hey look all 3 games have monsters, all 3 games have somebody in some sort of protective armor. Fact is there is never any valid complaint for such comments. I' m guessing some people here are die hard sony or nintendo fanatics that refuse to acknowledge the hard work put into a game simply because it isn' t on a revolution or ps3?

No big deal if you think the use of a similar engine (too human' s unreal 3 engine has been heavily modified) is enough to slap too human as not offering anything more than other unreal 3 games then by all means you don' t have to buy it. Let the people that actually appreciate a great gaming experience, and doesn' t concern themselves with insignificant nonsense such as what platform its on or what engine its using. The majority of the people buying the game wont care about such a thing and they shouldn' t. Fact is there has never been a game quite like too human and come E3 people will realize just how ridiculous these god of war, unreal 2k7 or devil may cry comparisons are. Too Human will offer a truly unique gaming experience that TRUE gamers (casual and hardcore) will appreciate.
< Message edited by dyack -- 15 Apr 06 2:39:53 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 19:28
We' re not Sony/Nintendo fan-boys. I mean, all of us are pretty sure that all of these games will be awesome. We do however believe that there are lots of visual similarities between the games.
I don' t talk so much about the graphics and filters and that stuff because that' s not important to me. What matters to me is the artistic design in a game.
You' re right that pointing out that all characters are wearing protective suits would be kind of lame. BUT the thing is that all of those protective suits look pretty much the same with the same components and surface design as every single game out there. I' m not complaining about the Unreal Engine games only, I think this is something that goes for most games nowadays, especially FPS games and to some extent RPG games. But the Unreal Engine shows these similarities more clearly since the engine shows the games in the same way.
If we forget about the characters clothing and look at another thing, the anatomy, they also look all the same. Big muscular guys with shaved heads and angry faces.
Vehicles, enemies and much much more have the same surface design as well as similar volume design. The only thing that looks somewhat different in these games are the level designs (thank God).
But why care, if it looks good and plays good then it' s all fine eh!
Maybe that' s the problem. Developers are so sure we gamers like the engine and the design so they just go with same thing all the time.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Apr 06 11:30:54 >
QuezcatoL

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 19:43
Argh,text went wrong :( had a long text made.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 15 Apr 06 11:44:25 >
Nitro

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 22:09
Dyack dude, ...you' re what, a partially blind 17 year old " hardcore gamer" ???
QuezcatoL

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 22:22
Im no 17,im 19 but 20 in almost 3 weeks.
Nitro

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 22:36

Too Human looks nothing like Gears of War or Unreal 2k7, but by all means anyone feel free to give me some legit examples of why these games " look the same." Please I want to hear stuff that makes sense I don' t want to hear pointless things such as hey look all 3 games have monsters, all 3 games have somebody in some sort of protective armor. Fact is there is never any valid complaint for such comments. I' m guessing some people here are die hard sony or nintendo fanatics that refuse to acknowledge the hard work put into a game simply because it isn' t on a revolution or ps3?

Firstly, F**K Sony!!!

Now, you' re an idiot and you' ve taken our comments completely out of context.

See, to have a better understanding of how different titles developed by different studios but running on the same engines can be connected and said to have a sililar visual look, ...you' d need to be well versed in PC games and game engines.

As i previously stated, some people can tell which games are running on which engine, be it the Quake 3, LithTech or Unreal engine etc.

When we are looking at games using the Unreal Engine 3.0, we ' re not looking at it the way you think, instead we' re recognising the engines specific attributes: The lighting (stencil shadow volumes for dynamic lights) and shadowing (16x sampled shadow depth buffers for characters), the normal mapping used etc.

But, since you' re obviously such a hard-ass as well as an idiot, lets take a proper look.

To use 3 examples of games using this engine...

HUXLEY

Gears of War

UT 2007

Now, not only can you tell that the games are running on the same engine just by looking at the way the charatcer models look, but the lighting, normal mapping, self shadowing and more importantly the way the engine renders textures give it away.

To get a different look from the engine, to get away from the shiny textures found in these games, you need to apply filters, which can been seen in...

Mass Effect

...and while the shiny textures are almost completely altered, the same shadowing and lighting are still evident.

If you don' t go out of your way to apply filters and still try to make your game look different by scaling back on some of the engines attributes, you end up with...

Frame City Killer

...which looks awful.

We' re not saying they look the same (although one or two as rightly pointed out by ginjirou share sililar art direction), we' re saying we can recognise the engine. Just because YOU can' t doesn' t mean others can' t.

You' re presence is welcome, but it would be nice if you weren' t here to argue your personal point of view and instead had something worthwhile to contribute!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 15 Apr 06 15:16:29 >
QuezcatoL

RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 15, 2006 22:44
What is that? :P
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: New Too human pictures,you gotta see them!!!! - Apr 16, 2006 11:39
http://blogs.ign.com/matt-ign

Ign nintendo guy had some Too Human pics I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE
(i HATE CApslock)

They are really clear I can see more of the game than I could previously.

Those games do look similar though

It will be a while before I can buy A 360 or anything else for that matter
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message