Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Most disapointing stuff at E3
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 37 of 37
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 05:46
I just expected more suprize games, and generaly more games to be shown. And played.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 05:58
silentbomber you' re the man.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 06:14
Most disappointing?

1. NO playable WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007
2. Namco Bandai' s line-up... Outside of their 2 PSP games (Tekken and Ace Combat) and Pac-Man World Rally, nothing really stands out to me right now..
3. Death Jr. 2, still a disappointment...
4. Sonic Rivals... From what I' ve seen so far, unless there' s a lot more to this game its going to get old real quick.. Its certainly got the engine going, WHY in the hell didn' t they just make it a platformer??

Some of the coolest stuff:
1. This year Sega' s booth is actually kicking butt.. They' ve got a Virtua Fighter 5 sitdown arcade machine, Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 and Xbox 360 is actually FUN. It certainly feels like a return to form for the series. While the game has a little Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog vibe to it at times, it' s not strong enough to ruin the experience.
2. Downloadable PSP demos... Sure its a rip-off of Nintendo' s downloadable DS content from last year but at least Sony is consistent with ripping off Nintendo at this year' s E3 ;)
3. Konami' s dating sim.. Was actually fun despite that even in the virtual world I wasn' t able to land teh ' hot' chicks, LOL..

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 06:19

- The PS3 pad, another bloody Dual Shock (it was great before 360 and XB S pad)

It was never a great controller .

That god awful D-pad told me so.. It cries to me saying, " Why can' t they just make me whole again???"
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 07:21
No DMC4 is dissappointing too.... but come on what' s this sega thing?
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 07:38

It was never a great controller, That god awful D-pad told me so..

I overlooked the d-pad when talking about it. I never used it for 2D fighters (Saturn did them better), used arcade sticks for VF and Tekken on the PS2, so I only used it for the likes of Tekken 1 - 3 and MK Trilogy on PSone.

Analog sticks always had too much travel too. However for it' s time it was a nice all round pad, suited to most 3D games.

Now that time has long since past...
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 07:50
Most disappointing

1. The industry' s sequel-itis condition is getting worse every year...where are the original properties?? Damn it, Square/Enix just got FFXII out the door, who the hell cares about the trailer for the sequel already?? Show us something new and innovative for god' s sake.

2.PS3' s price. The low price users deserve a better package when the low price is equal to the 360' s high-end.

3. J. Carmack' s comments on the PS3 development enviorment. Based on what he said, I' m guessing it' s going to take a while before we see developers taking risks on innovative new properties on the system. Get ready for safe solid sequel after safe solid sequel.
BTW, i' m not worried about Carmack' s games (jack-ass plans to totally ignore nintendo again this generation), I' m just afraid more developers will share his opinion.

4. no price for wii
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 11:39

06. Still waiting for this big sega announcement with 3 words, begining with H... or did I just miss it?

The game that started with H was actually the Wii Super Monkey Ball' s subtitle, but was changed at the last minute. I was so convinced it was Hokuto no Ken, but alas, I was corrected in a hurry.

This year Sega' s booth is actually kicking butt.. They' ve got a Virtua Fighter 5 sitdown arcade machine, Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 and Xbox 360 is actually FUN. It certainly feels like a return to form for the series. While the game has a little Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog vibe to it at times, it' s not strong enough to ruin the experience.

You mean that Shadow and Silver will not take up 66% or more of the total game? Phew, that sounds like quite the relief.

The industry' s sequel-itis condition is getting worse every year...where are the original properties?? Damn it, Square/Enix just got FFXII out the door, who the hell cares about the trailer for the sequel already?? Show us something new and innovative for god' s sake.

I want FFXIII! Me! Me!
Ummm....

Sequel-itis is not just exclusive to the gaming industry - it affects the movie biz too. Furthermore, many people just don' t know what they are getting into when they watch a movie or game that has no previous track record. Finally, companies are stingy Scrooge McDucks when it comes to financing something that is not predictable to gauge in regards to success. It sucks, I know.
uumai

RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 19:17

The game that started with H was actually the Wii Super Monkey Ball' s subtitle, but was changed at the last minute. I was so convinced it was Hokuto no Ken, but alas, I was corrected in a hurry.

Well, I' m disappointed... Now more interested to see what sega do with Golden Axe, hoping they don' t screw it up.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 19:29
I wast most dissapointed in heavnly sword and motostorm both showed up to be cgi last e3 as we all suspected i mean just look at motstorm and what we saw...

And how did it look in e3?
when playing the game?

And dont get me started on heavnly sword.

1080p with 5000 enmies and then showing this as this was real...

and then deliver 10 with 720 p...

sony lured everyone except me.
uumai

RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 21:50

sony lured everyone except me.

I think sony ONLY lured you. You are the only one complaining they don' t look like last years videos. Everyone else was like ok these videos are unreachable on the most part at least. And then look at what they did. You are the one who is so disappointed the games don' t look like last year... It' s getting old, and annoying.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 21:52
No,i said last year,all this videos was CGI,and will never be able to look this good.
Ofc no sonyfanboy belived me then,and i was " jealous" .
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 22:43
seriously dude it is getting annoying
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 22:45

ORIGINAL: C*Dub

seriously dude it is getting annoying

Like your avatar!
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 22:47
good one man that blow was straight to the heart. (sarcasm)

Is this a better avatar?

< Message edited by C*Dub -- 12 May 06 15:46:26 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 22:59
Hehehe... Don' t even get me started.. Disappointments?

Prime suspect is Sony' s jester of a conference, reminds me of the days I used to
put my school plays together, you know, the robot that was made of a card board
box at the last minute (controller you say?) guaranteed Kutaragi' s mum was out there in the crowd and he was like:

" Hehe.. Look what I can do Mum, bet Dad wishes he never ran away with that
Nintendo booth babe."

Again, MGS4 was the only thing that pleased me, so Raiden burnt his bottom lip,
he is more acceptable now, and his balls have dropped! He has a deeper voice!

FFXIII: The graphics get better and better... still better, but it still stays bloody
turn-based! It' s like the control pad is the remote to different channels of action;
change it!

I do agree with Quez, Heavenly Sword did not impress me, in the conference
where it skips to the guy holding the controller and what' s happening on-screen,
all the fun bits that are happening (where she' s doing the throw moves) are
happening when he' s not touching the pad (ooooh, very immersive gameplay).
Let' s not even talk about the Q.T.E bits... (only one game can do it right)
In terms of more interesting action, Ninja Gaiden Black pisses all over (not to
mention that when Ninja Gaiden 2 will likely be announced Heavenly Sword will look paltry in comparison). Ok, so the
Heavenly Sword demo was...... shiny.. I' ll give it that, but me as a consumer
if you make a promise, you deliver. You dont give me a ham sandwich without
the main ingredient... ham!

Crikeez, let' s look at the Pswii60 controller... need I say more?

Apart from Sony' s raindance of a conference (done with full belief that their God' s
will deliver but no rain, and still in an empty desert waiting for it)

I was gravely disappointed with:

Nothing on Shenmue III (typical)

Nothing on Ninja Gaiden 2... humph

Where were Lost Odyssey and Cry-on?

Bill Gates talking for years in a kermit the frog kinda voice (shouldnt he be buying
a planet somewhere?)

And the fact that I need to rent out the Taj Mahal so me and my friends can play
that tennis game on the nintendo Wii. Great!

Otherwise... Bring on Sonic Next-GEN!!!

Phew... now off to pass out and RELAX (not faff about with my PsWii controller)
but RELAX and play Lost Planet...
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Most disapointing stuff at E3 - May 12, 2006 23:08
Heavenly Sword' s QTE' s looked like a direct rip of the ones found in God Of War rather than Shemue. Unfortunitely unlike GOW the gameplay in Heavenly Sword lacked fluidity and seemed more about randomly hitting the buttons to excute any attack possible.

It looked very nice yes, but the gameplay looked very poor. DMC, Onimusha, GOW and Genji on PS2 all looked like they controlled and moved better.

The animation currently seems like an early PS2 game which didn' t take any great steps from the PSone. It just doesn' t flow even though some of the individual animations are fine.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 12 May 06 15:09:33 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread