Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 15:03
I' m loving this game. But aside from it being a lot more fun than X-men Legends I am having a massive problem! I hope this is just a setting (seeing if anyone can confirm this). I am playing it on a 24" SDTV and the menus on the bottom and right side are cut off :/ Sadly I can' t freaking find a feature for re-adjustment :( Good thing I am getting my Pc Monitor attachment soon :P
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 15:07
Too bad you only get to use 20 playable characters from the Marvel-verse I kinda think it' s a rip-off *sigh*

Thinking of getting it (though hopefully second-hand). What' s your team roster?

(I' m aiming for Thor, Dr. Strange [is he playable?], either Daredevil or Elektra, and maybe one of the Fantastic Four; yes it' s a completely random roster, that' s the point XD)
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 15:11
The game looks too stiff for me, I hate it when western Devs do a Marvel game they always lack that something.. I wish Capcom Had this license TBH.
Byakko

RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 15:20
Technically, Capcom did the Marvel license in 2D...

Which reminds me, I miss my Marvel vs Capcom arcade game! Damn arcade decided to switch machines and the only fighting games left are Samurai Showdown V and King of Fighters 200-something. They at least should' ve sprung for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload =/
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 15:23
My team-
Thor
Iron-Man
Symbiote Spider-Man (will be replaced with Ghost Rider)
DeadPool (obviously)

-Deapool
-Spider-Man
-Spider-Woman
-Thor
-Dr. Strange (yeah he' s in there and he' s a strong character as well)*
-Iron Man/war machine
-Blade
-Moon Knight
-Captain America
-Elektra
-Torch
-Storm
-Wolverine
-Collosus
-Thing
-Mr. Fantastic
-Invisible Woman
-Ice man
-Luke Cage
-Ms. Marvel

-Nick Fury (unlock by beating game on normal or easy)
-Silver Surfer (unlock him by beating all the comic missions with a bronze or better)
-Black Panther (unlock him by collecting 5 BP action figures)
-Ghost Rider (beat the mission when you see him)
-Daredevil (find five tini Daredevil action figures)
* you unlock him at the end of act one

I think thats all of them...
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 31 Oct 06 7:35:18 >
Byakko

RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 15:28
Neat! Definitely getting Deadpool instead one of the FF then. That guy' s a riot!

But...Luke Cage isn' t one of my top faves. I always thought he was more obscure...Ms. Marvel too, although she' s pretty cool.

I' d love to have the Power Pack in there XD Seriously, then we can have a battle between the Snarks and the Kymellians (space horsies!)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 15:39
Daredevil has to be unlocked and Electra is a below average character. I reccommend trying the Invisible Woman at least untill you have Daredevil. She is a FF and a woman (I' d imagine you want at least one on your team), more importantly she has the most unique powers and can be very fun to play with.

I agree with about Luke Cage and Ms. Marvel. Although I can see why Luke Cage is in there, lately he has become popular with the newer comics out now.
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 31 Oct 06 7:41:56 >
Alecrein

RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 16:43
My Dream team which I am running through the game with currently is: Ghost Rider (Generally the one I am playing as), Thor, Deadpool, and Iron Man. Really love the game offers a lot more than the X-men games...in no way a rip-off...but then again :)

After so long I just realized that Agent Ghost' s Avatar is Deadpool :)

Edit: Had to comment on this:

I hate it when western Devs do a Marvel game

Why would you hate it? I mean yeah, they do a sucky job a majority of the time, but about 100% of the Marvel Comics production is here on the Western side. Japan should only be involved for the sake of development...I don' t know it would be like us taking a japanese movie and bastardizing it (Oh we have...nevermind). :)
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 31 Oct 06 8:45:44 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Oct 31, 2006 17:10
Both this and JLH i thought were not too good.... I didn' t give it much of a go to be fair, but what i played i was very disappointed.

Maybe i' ll give it another try sometime
Alecrein

RE: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Nov 01, 2006 08:39
The beginning levels of it do put off a lot of people Uumai, after you make it past Act one the diversity in the levels really widens and the game becomes a lot more fun...ARCADE LEVEL FOR BEST LEVEL OF 2006.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll